Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 2113
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    19,238
    vCash
    1500
    I would love the **** out of a Revis Aso tandem. That's a lot of money tied up into two corners though, even if Aso does restructure.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS



  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    1500
    Flynn, Vick, Tebow, Alex Smith, Tavaris Jackson, Fitzpatrick, so on and so forth.

    Those QBs represent one thing in my mind....Lateral Moves. Can we stop already? Our goal isn't to go from a 4 win team to a 6,7,8 win team. Our goal is to be contenders. Lateral moves, especially at QB doesn't get you anywhere closer to being a contender.

    Because Drew Brees and Brett Favre signings are few and far between, the only realistic way to improve this team at the most important position is through the draft.

    Above is fact, now this is opinion. Nassib, Manuel, Landry Jones, and Dysert would be massive mistakes. Tyler Wilson is the only QB in this draft I see the Eagles drafting, and I hope they do. I like him a lot.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    I would love the **** out of a Revis Aso tandem. That's a lot of money tied up into two corners though, even if Aso does restructure.
    I doubt we would keep 32 year old Aso... With the cap they would gain by dropping him they could easily resign DRC
    PSD's c_reinert

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Green View Post
    Anyone else realize that Shawne Merriman is a Free-Agent this offseason??? If the Eagles are moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4 he may be worth serious consideration. He flourishes in a 3-4, that's what he played in Maryland and San Diego. He would be a great OLB in the Eagles new 3-4 system!!!
    He played in the 3-4 in Buffalo after he left San Diego, the only exception would be the 2012 season when Buffalo moved to the 4-3.

    He was got caught using Roids and hasnt been any good since he got off them: from 2008 to 2012 (all years but one of those we was in the 3-4, 5 years total) he totaled 6 sacks.

    Guy wouldnt be a "great OLB" for us or anyone else
    PSD's c_reinert

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    So apparently the Jets want to move Revis this offseason, with that said assuming the Eagles decide to part ways with Vick would....

    1. you do a straight up Vick for Revis trade, if not why?
    2. you trust Revis coming off a knee injury?
    3. the Jets even consider this?

    Just curious to see what you all would think. I'd be willing to go for it if we have decided we are done with Vick.
    Are you ********?

    Why do they want to get rid of Revis who they want to part ways with due to cost and injury concerns. To add a player who is less talented, 6 years older, has injury concerns and costs more
    PSD's c_reinert

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    876
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Are you ********?

    Why do they want to get rid of Revis who they want to part ways with due to cost and injury concerns. To add a player who is less talented, 6 years older, has injury concerns and costs more
    Well let's see. For starters in case you are not familiar with the Jets, they don't have a QB and really need one. They also would like to get something for Revis before he walks and they get nothing. The Eagles, fan's included for the most part would like to get rid of Vick, so why the hell not.

    And to answer your question, no I'm not ******** but based on your comments I believe you may be due to the simple fact this is an open off season thread forum where people discuss options. Apparently you didn't read other posts following my original one because not everyone else seemed as offended by it as much as you.

    So get off your high horse ******* and add some insight instead of simply dismissing the fact.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    Well let's see. For starters in case you are not familiar with the Jets, they don't have a QB and really need one. They also would like to get something for Revis before he walks and they get nothing. The Eagles, fan's included for the most part would like to get rid of Vick, so why the hell not.

    And to answer your question, no I'm not ******** but based on your comments I believe you may be due to the simple fact this is an open off season thread forum where people discuss options. Apparently you didn't read other posts following my original one because not everyone else seemed as offended by it as much as you.

    So get off your high horse ******* and add some insight instead of simply dismissing the fact.
    I did add some insight. I completely shot down why that deal would be considered.

    Yes, the Jets need a QB. Yes they want something for him. Yes the Eagles want to get rid of Vick but that doesnt mean the trade makes sense. Yes it would be great for the Eagles, but there is no chance in hell the Jets would consider it... Again... "Why do they want to get rid of Revis who they want to part ways with due to cost and injury concerns. To add a player who is less talented, 6 years older, has injury concerns and costs more?". They are going to want draft picks, not some old, under performing, injury prone, expensive QB who has a history of off the field issues and is a backup for a 4-12 team

    And the reason I asked if you were ******** is because you said something that was ********
    Last edited by c_reinert; 01-24-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    PSD's c_reinert

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    876
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I did add some insight. I completely shot down why that deal would be considered.

    Yes, the Jets need a QB. Yes they want something for him. Yes the Eagles want to get rid of Vick but that doesnt mean the trade makes sense. Yes it would be great for the Eagles, but there is no chance in hell the Jets would consider it... Again... "Why do they want to get rid of Revis who they want to part ways with due to cost and injury concerns. To add a player who is less talented, 6 years older, has injury concerns and costs more?". They are going to want draft picks, not some old, under performing, injury prone, expensive QB who has a history of off the field issues and is a backup for a 4-12 team

    And the reason I asked if you were ******** is because you said something that was ********
    Since draft picks would vastly upgrade their team in the immediate future, which of course is what they want being in a big market like NY, right? The Eagles wont trade their #4 pick so if I'm the Eagles why the hell not ask about the trade? If they shoot it down they shoot it down, it doesn't hurt. Vick may be old and expensive but he's a hell of a lot better than what they currently have and the draft doesn't exactly have great QB specs. If they can get Vick to restructure his deal then why not.

    The ******** comment by the way is so mature on your part, it really is. Typically just because you don't agree with someones comments, doesn't make them ********. And to clarify I'm almost 100% positive that the MD after my name would validate that I'm far from ********.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    Since draft picks would vastly upgrade their team in the immediate future, which of course is what they want being in a big market like NY, right? The Eagles wont trade their #4 pick so if I'm the Eagles why the hell not ask about the trade? If they shoot it down they shoot it down, it doesn't hurt. Vick may be old and expensive but he's a hell of a lot better than what they currently have and the draft doesn't exactly have great QB specs. If they can get Vick to restructure his deal then why not.

    The ******** comment by the way is so mature on your part, it really is. Typically just because you don't agree with someones comments, doesn't make them ********. And to clarify I'm almost 100% positive that the MD after my name would validate that I'm far from ********.
    And yes building for the future is important. Just because they are in NY doesnt change the fact that teams are best built through the draft. Also its not like with addition of Vick they are all of a sudden a SB contender. If they wanted to add a QB there are options that make more sense than Vick. Matt Flynn, Alex Smith, Ryan Mallett, Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman, Christian Ponder, Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick are all guys that could be obtainable via trade or FA this offseason. There are a lot of younger, cheaper options. If they add him in a trade they take on that contract. Vick doesnt have to agree to restructure. In fact, if he doesnt want to play in NY or thinks he can get a better offer in FA he could refuse to restructure forcing them to cut him so he can explore the FA market. The Jets are aware of this. The Eagles offering the Jets Vick for Revis straight up would just be insulting

    And just because the Eagles wouldnt want to give up #4 for just Revis doesnt mean they wouldnt be willing to give up a #4 for Revis AND something else. And, this is even if the Eagles are interested in trading for Revis.

    And I interact with MDs daily and have seen plenty of them say or do ******** things. And I am also pretty sure that your medical education didnt involve a whole lot football, so its pretty irrelevant to the conversation
    PSD's c_reinert

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    876
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    And yes building for the future is important. Just because they are in NY doesnt change the fact that teams are best built through the draft. Also its not like with addition of Vick they are all of a sudden a SB contender. If they wanted to add a QB there are options that make more sense than Vick. Matt Flynn, Alex Smith, Ryan Mallett, Colt McCoy, Chad Henne, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman, Christian Ponder, Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick are all guys that could be obtainable via trade or FA this offseason. There are a lot of younger, cheaper options. If they add him in a trade they take on that contract. Vick doesnt have to agree to restructure. In fact, if he doesnt want to play in NY or thinks he can get a better offer in FA he could refuse to restructure forcing them to cut him so he can explore the FA market. The Jets are aware of this. The Eagles offering the Jets Vick for Revis straight up would just be insulting

    And just because the Eagles wouldnt want to give up #4 for just Revis doesnt mean they wouldnt be willing to give up a #4 for Revis AND something else. And, this is even if the Eagles are interested in trading for Revis.

    And I interact with MDs daily and have seen plenty of them say or do ******** things. And I am also pretty sure that your medical education didnt involve a whole lot football, so its pretty irrelevant to the conversation
    You would be correct, they don't teach football in medical school, you are learning a lot from the MD's your hanging out with, you must be a rep. I understand your points but again it wouldn't hurt to ask. The QB's mentioned above either will be retained by their current team (ie Freeman, Bradford etc) or they just simply are not better than Vick, injuries or not. We both know that NY, like Philadelphia and Los Angeles, to name a few, are win now cities. Look at what happened last time they used a draft pick on a young QB. Vick would be their best option if available.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    19,238
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    You would be correct, they don't teach football in medical school, you are learning a lot from the MD's your hanging out with, you must be a rep. I understand your points but again it wouldn't hurt to ask. The QB's mentioned above either will be retained by their current team (ie Freeman, Bradford etc) or they just simply are not better than Vick, injuries or not. We both know that NY, like Philadelphia and Los Angeles, to name a few, are win now cities. Look at what happened last time they used a draft pick on a young QB. Vick would be their best option if available.
    Keep in mind that there is a very good chance that Vick is going to be cut. I'm sure they'll try to trade him before that, but there is absolutely no way the Jets would be dumb enough to trade Revis for Vick. There will be a much better trade market for Revis than that, and a much smaller market for Vick. Teams can make an offer for Vick, or just wait until he's cut.

    Draft picks are sacred in the NFL. There isn't a team in the league that would choose to trade Revis for Vick instead of draft picks. If Vick does get traded, it will be nothing more than a salary dump. They're going to cut him regardless, so they're not going to be too picky about what they get in return. They'll take what they can get and move on.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS



  12. #237
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    876
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    Keep in mind that there is a very good chance that Vick is going to be cut. I'm sure they'll try to trade him before that, but there is absolutely no way the Jets would be dumb enough to trade Revis for Vick. There will be a much better trade market for Revis than that, and a much smaller market for Vick. Teams can make an offer for Vick, or just wait until he's cut.

    Draft picks are sacred in the NFL. There isn't a team in the league that would choose to trade Revis for Vick instead of draft picks. If Vick does get traded, it will be nothing more than a salary dump. They're going to cut him regardless, so they're not going to be too picky about what they get in return. They'll take what they can get and move on.
    Makes sense, I appreciate your input. I tend to react a little better to people who don't agree with me but make sensible arguments and points rather than reacting like a little kid.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,672
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I doubt we would keep 32 year old Aso... With the cap they would gain by dropping him they could easily resign DRC
    I don't understand this point of view....why would we cut him?

    I love how everyone plays with the Owners money....sure tell Lurie to just LIGHT A MATCH TO 4-5 MILLION dollars that he would lose by cutting him......just silly esp when Aso has publicly stated that he WOULD be open to restructure

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In this thread
    Posts
    19,238
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    Makes sense, I appreciate your input. I tend to react a little better to people who don't agree with me but make sensible arguments and points rather than reacting like a little kid.
    Understandable. I'm not that kinda guy.







    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS



  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    43,820
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    Understandable. I'm not that kinda guy.







    Lies!!!
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •