Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Off Season Thread

I know there's 2 games left, but I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at free agents and mock drafts.

Discuss

Jarius Byrd anyone?

vCash
    I want another DE, Cole might be getting too old.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Cole actually had his most productive game of the year last night.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Cole looked much better as did the entire D line.It seems pretty evident he was a victim of Washburn's scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Even if Cole has in fact lost a step, we still have much, much bigger needs. Between Cole, Graham, Tapp, Curry Hunt and Jenkins (situationally) i think we're ok at DE and won't have a problem coming up with 2 good starters from that group
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    We don't need d-line help. Graham, CUrry, Cox, Thorton, Cole, and Jenkins gives us some depth and talent. Safety is the true spot we need. I am all for letting Hughes and Marsh play the other CB spot with Nnamdi cut. Resign DRC. ANd get a good safety
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    Need to draft a safety and signing Byrd would be a quality move as well. At this point I'm for drafting Luke Joeckel, we need another lineman regardless if Peters comes back healthy.
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 12-15-2012 at 05:37 PM.

vCash
    I think Bowe is about the only thing I really want in the off-season. That's outside the draft, obviously, but as we all should know, this team is WAY too talented to be this bad. Maybe get some line help but really, outside of Bowe and a lineman, I think FA shouldn't be big on the Eagles list.

Safeties, corners, and linemen in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    I still think Bowe is a long shot. Desean is making a lot, you are going to have to give Maclin a decent amount of money and Bowe will demand a large contract (in the Vincent Jackson range). That's just a lot of money to invest into one position and I just don't think they would do that.

FYI - I'd be in favor of it, i like Bowe.

vCash
    We have to hope they don't franchise tag Bowe and he becomes a UFA like V-Jax was last year.

We have the money to sign him, extend DRC and Maclin still has one year left on his contract after this year. So we can easily trade him during this off season or before the trade deadline next year.
    Or another option, which will probably excite a lot of you, we can just tag Maclin and trade Djax to a despe team like the Lions who can use him ...

But if he's a UFA he definitely is a must have, every team that's good in the redzone either has an elite QB or a WR that can get jump balls for you.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I'm all for signing Bowe and trading Desean. But I'd rather us sign Dashon Goldson instead of Jarius Byrd.
    Also, I know our offensive line needs help but I'm leaning towards Manti T'eo in the draft. I think he could completely transform our D

vCash
    I think I'm pretty jaded when it comes to signing free agents after that 2011 offseason

vCash
    It makes absolutely no sense to trade Desean he still keeps the safety out of the box for McCoy to fun and he didn't make big plays this year because the O-line didn't give Vick enough time to get the ball to him. Javarous Jones from Georgia in draft. Him at strong lb and Kendricks at weak side lb would be wicked!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersEaglesLA View Post
    It makes absolutely no sense to trade Desean he still keeps the safety out of the box for McCoy to fun and he didn't make big plays this year because the O-line didn't give Vick enough time to get the ball to him. Javarous Jones from Georgia in draft. Him at strong lb and Kendricks at weak side lb would be wicked!!
    That's all fine and great, but who is going to cover the WR's? Our secondary is beyond embarassing and we have other pressing needs like offensive line. Taking a LB in the top 5 of the draft when this team has as many needs as it does makes little sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think I'm pretty jaded when it comes to signing free agents after that 2011 offseason
    Sadly this is true.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast