Sickels Tip 150 Prospects-5 Mets

13) Travis D'Arnaud, C, New York Mets, 2013
    15) Zack Wheeler, RHP, New York Mets, 2013
    22) Noah Syndergaard, RHP, New York Mets, 2015
    86) Michael Fulmer, RHP New York Mets, 2015
    118) Wilmer Flores, INF, New York Mets, 2014

3 in the Top 22

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...3-john-sickels

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Wait, Sickels had Flores ahead of Fulmer on our list (and a B+ to Fulmer's B), but now he's 32 spots behind him on this list? What?

vCash
    He changed his mind probably. I was one who thought Fulmer should be ahead of Flores.

vCash
    Sickels is extremely high on Syndegaard.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash

3 guys in the top 25 plus Matt Harey.

Not too shabby
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I thought Wheeler was regarded as top 10

vCash
    He simple had updated info. The scouts missed that Fulmer had an at least average CB. Fulmer used it mostly late in games. It was also the first year threw a circle CU. Fulmer's HS repertoire was FB, CB?SL, cut FB and spl CU. CB?SL had elements of a CB and elements of a SL.

While Fulmer had a fringe average circle CU for most of the season, he had an average CU late. So, Fulmer has a near plus FB, a near plus SL, ave CB and CU. The repertoire of a solid #3 SP. Obviously, he can improve his stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I thought Wheeler was regarded as top 10
    Different people use different criteria differently to come to different conclusions. Where someone ranks him is pretty much irrelevant to his future and performance level.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    3 guys in the top 25 plus Matt Harey.

Not too shabby
    He's a glorified 5th starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He's a glorified 5th starter.
    He's a scrub. He doesn't even belong in the majors.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I can't believe this guys list. He forgot about Ambriox Burgos, Alex Escobar and Justin Huber

vCash

If both Wheeler and d'Arnaud graduate next year we might have just 1 or 2 guys in the top 100.

vCash
    Hell if we also trade Noah for a bat, we could have none.