Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will we blame if we lose this game?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reid

4 22.22%
  • Vick

0 0%
  • Kolb

2 11.11%
  • McNabb

12 66.67%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Who doesn't?

It doesn't mean he had a bad game. It means he made a bad throw. There's a major difference in these two concepts.
    I never said he had a bad game, just that he prevented us from tying it. That drive was on Foles, period.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Maclin- 8, 116, 1td.

Would have had 9, 125, 2td if Foles throws a half way decent ball to the end zone.

That's production.
    Comes with the caveat of him being the primary focus on offense, however. It's nice production, but he's the main guy right now sans Jackson, as well.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I never said he had a bad game, just that he prevented us from tying it. That drive was on Foles, period.
    Too hard on Foles.

Yes. Part of that drive is on Foles. Not all. You know, just as I do, if it was Vick out there, you'd be sitting here harping on Moore for dropping that ball.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Comes with the caveat of him being the primary focus on offense, however. It's nice production, but he's the main guy right now sans Jackson, as well.
    My point.

With Jackson as the 1, Jackson rarely produces like this.

Maclin does.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    for people wanting Andy back here is what him and Marty will bring every game.
    look at the play calling today
    Was: 24 pass, 28 Runs
    Morris: 22 carries
    Phi: 48 Pass, 18 Runs
    McCoy: 13 carries

we have adjusted our pass plays to quick underneath passes, which has work for us all year long but we never stick with it, my guess is we are sticking to it now because DJax is out and also because Foles is garbage when it comes to passes over 20 yards. Andy and Marty needs to go.
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    No problem with the carries McCoy got. Frankly, I don't want him playing the rest of the season for fear of getting injured again.

vCash
    Too hard on Foles.

Yes. Part of that drive is on Foles. Not all. You know, just as I do, if it was Vick out there, you'd be sitting here harping on Moore for dropping that ball.
    Shouldn't have made it to the Moore drop. Foles HAS to hit Maclin.

Foles had a nice line, but his inability to throw the ball away, hit the open receiver, hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    No problem with the carries McCoy got. Frankly, I don't want him playing the rest of the season for fear of getting injured again.
    We should have ran more, but I agree.

vCash
    My point.

With Jackson as the 1, Jackson rarely produces like this.

Maclin does.
    That's untrue.

Week 2 against Baltimore: 7 catches, 114 yards (with Maclin on the sidelines)

And on the season, Jackson still has more 60+ yard games than Maclin does.

I get it, you hate Jackson, love Maclin, but you're partially irrational on it as well.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Shouldn't have made it to the Moore drop. Foles HAS to hit Maclin.

Foles had a nice line, but his inability to throw the ball away, hit the open receiver, hurt.
    Sure it hurt. It also wasn't the sole reason we lost that game on that drive, either, which is the most important take away. It's multiple things. Part of it the playcalling (we wasted a time out on a play over the middle for like, 5 yards), part of it was Moore dropping the ball, part of it was the defense on great coverage on the last play, and part of it was on Foles for under throwing Maclin and holding on to the ball.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    That's untrue.

Week 2 against Baltimore: 7 catches, 114 yards (with Maclin on the sidelines)

And on the season, Jackson still has more 60+ yard games than Maclin does.

I get it, you hate Jackson, love Maclin, but you're partially irrational on it as well.
    I don't hate him, not at all. I just realize that Maclin is a more complete WR and don't over value Jackson.

vCash
    Sure it hurt. It also wasn't the sole reason we lost that game on that drive, either, which is the most important take away. It's multiple things. Part of it the playcalling (we wasted a time out on a play over the middle for like, 5 yards), part of it was Moore dropping the ball, part of it was the defense on great coverage on the last play, and part of it was on Foles for under throwing Maclin and holding on to the ball.
    Comes down to the last series. Undertows Maclin and the intentional grounding call. Yes, lots of other things happened during the game, but those two things only Foles controls. In that, he failed.

vCash
    I don't hate him, not at all. I just realize that Maclin is a more complete WR and don't over value Jackson.
    It's gotten the point you undervalue Jackson, in my opinion. I think Maclin's a marginally better WR. But I don't think it's leaps and bounds like many.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Comes down to the last series. Undertows Maclin and the intentional grounding call. Yes, lots of other things happened during the game, but those two things only Foles controls. In that, he failed.
    Everything I listed above was on the last series. Foles doesn't control Moore dropping the ball or the line breaking down or the defensive coverage, either.

Again, it's partially on Foles. You are placing the blame on Foles when it's unneeded. Part of it his fault. Part of it is others faults. Like I said, I can assure you, if that were Vick, and people were blaming Vick, you'd be singing the song of Moore's drop. On this instance, I think you're going against the Foles grain because, and I can understand why, there has been too much Foles love on here.

This is one, even I (who's be very cautious with my Foles feelings), wont place full blame on him for.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    It's gotten the point you undervalue Jackson, in my opinion. I think Maclin's a marginally better WR. But I don't think it's leaps and bounds like many.
    If we used him correctly, he would be a top guy in the NFL. Jackson COULD be unstoppable.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast