Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will we blame if we lose this game?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reid

4 22.22%
  • Vick

0 0%
  • Kolb

2 11.11%
  • McNabb

12 66.67%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If we used him correctly, he would be a top guy in the NFL. Jackson COULD be unstoppable.
    Honestly? I don't think we use him that poorly. Wish we used him on a few extra punt returns (though, not all, to keep him healthy and fresh). Maybe a few more fly routes and a few more crossing routes. But outside of that, I don't think we misuse him that much.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Everything I listed above was on the last series. Foles doesn't control Moore dropping the ball or the line breaking down or the defensive coverage, either.

Again, it's partially on Foles. You are placing the blame on Foles when it's unneeded. Part of it his fault. Part of it is others faults. Like I said, I can assure you, if that were Vick, and people were blaming Vick, you'd be singing the song of Moore's drop. On this instance, I think you're going against the Foles grain because, and I can understand why, there has been too much Foles love on here.

This is one, even I (who's be very cautious with my Foles feelings), wont place full blame on him for.
    But I want Foles to succeed.

That series is on the short pass. Yes, Moore, a guy we signed off the street Tuesday should have caught the ball (looked to be short anyways).

I'm not blaming Foles, trust me, just pointing out what he needs to do to take over this team. Foles makes his share of mistakes, but Reid/Marty have to put him in better position.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Honestly? I don't think we use him that poorly. Wish we used him on a few extra punt returns (though, not all, to keep him healthy and fresh). Maybe a few more fly routes and a few more crossing routes. But outside of that, I don't think we misuse him that much.
    He should be our primary return man.

His problem is disappearing for too long of periods in a game.

vCash
    But I want Foles to succeed.

That series is on the short pass. Yes, Moore, a guy we signed off the street Tuesday should have caught the ball (looked to be short anyways).

I'm not blaming Foles, trust me, just pointing out what he needs to do to take over this team. Foles makes his share of mistakes, but Reid/Marty have to put him in better position.
    Agreed on all fronts. And I want Foles to succeed too. Growing pains.

Worst case? It looks like we've turned a 3rd round lottery ticket into a winner. Whether it's a simple $20 winner or the jackpot has yet to be seen, but there's something here that resembles a high quality NFL player.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Comes with the caveat of him being the primary focus on offense, however. It's nice production, but he's the main guy right now sans Jackson, as well.
    i think it has more to do with the offense switching to quick short pass plays instead of looking for home runs.

this worked all year long but for some reason we always go away from it.
    i remember Marty saying he don't like long drives, he like to come out and attack the defense with deep plays
    Eagles offseason:
    [] Hire new coaching staff
    [] Restructure Mike Vick
    [] Sign/draft Starting OLineman
    [] Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    [] Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    [] Sign/draft Big WR
    [] Sign veteran Safety

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    i think it has more to do with the offense switching to quick short pass plays instead of looking for home runs.

this worked all year long but for some reason we always go away from it.
    i remember Marty saying he don't like long drives, he like to come out and attack the defense with deep plays
    last year was cause he didn't put his all into it, an this year is the oline, if you wanna go deep you have to give the qb time which they couldnt do, but they werent doing short passing until foles came in this is why vick was hurried an sacked so many times

vCash
    Hey 1908, Dalton?

vCash
    Hey 1908, Dalton?
    Dalton was okay at best against a bad pass defense.

But Joe Flacco, also says hello.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    Nick Foles suffered a broken hand in the Eagles' Week 16 loss to the Redskins, and will be unavailable for Sunday's finale.
    -Rotoworld

Maybe that's why he missed the throw to Maclin.

vCash
    That would be a good reason. Whole second half it looked like his ball was wobbly.

vCash
    Dalton was okay at best against a bad pass defense.

But Joe Flacco, also says hello.
    Flacco played well too, id still take Dalton.

vCash
    Flacco played well too, id still take Dalton.
    Not I, good sir. Not I.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

vCash
    Not I, good sir. Not I.

vCash
    I'd take Foles over Dalton or Flacco.Give him a decent O-line and watch him improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    Vick style worked when he got the starting job didn't it? people fail to realize that this team fail because of Andy mismanagement and Marty stupid deep pass heavy offense a clear indication of that is we have switched to run balance after McCoy and Vick went down.
    i think you need to watch a little more football, with the freakish athletes that continue to come into the NFL on the defensive side of the ball, Pocket passers are becoming sitting ducks. look at the mobile QBs and how well they are playing, i'm sorry but after Manning and Brady, the pocket era is over, even Rogers is a mobile QB,and some of his best plays comes when he is flushed out the pocket and passing on the run.

Mobile QBs when used correctly are impassable to stop can only hope to limit their production by picking your poison.

i'm sure Alex Smith wishes he had that play-ground style ability right now.
    Vick's style was only short lived that year when he became starter. By the end of that season everybody had a pretty good plan on how to nuetralize Vick's dual-threat ability. I guess Nick Foles is a sitting duck looks like to me he has taken signifigantly less hits than a faster more mobile Michael Vick. I don't know where you see this run balance when MCoy went down, because i've only seen the eagles commit to the run 2 out of the last five games since MCoy went down, and I bet you this week against the giants will be no different the eagles will go pass wacky again as usual. The pocket passer era is not over don't get carried away. Yes Rogers is a mobile qb that is not anything new, and he has mde some really nice plays on the run, but don't get it twisted Rogers is a pocket passer. Rogers makes a majority of his plays from the pocket not on the run, and some pretty damn good one's at that.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast