Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will we blame if we lose this game?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reid

4 22.22%
  • Vick

0 0%
  • Kolb

2 11.11%
  • McNabb

12 66.67%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    I'm over the whole draft pick thing now. 10 losses gets us a good draft pick no matter what, and if Foles really is the real deal then getting a really high pick becomes even less important. It would be nice to have, but it's not necessary enough for me not to want to win these last 2 games and say goodbye to football season on a positive note.

If this team is as bad as our record indicates (which I don't believe to be the case), then a top 3 pick isn't enough to put us back into contention right away anyway. If we're not really that bad of a team (we're not), then a top 3 pick is not necessary to right the ship.

How anybody could NOT want this nightmare season to end with 2 potential season spoiling wins over Washington and NY is hard for me to comprehend. **** the draft pick. We're very likely at least picking in the top 10 regardless. That's good enough for me if it means we can knock one or both of these teams out of the playoffs and go out on a high note.
    For me, it's all about our future. In the end, we'll all forget about knocking Washington or New York out of the playoffs. Probably as soon as next year. But if we get a stud in the draft (even in a week draft, there's going to be a few players who rise as NFL players), we'll remember that for 10-15 years possibly. As much as it sounds better to win two games at the end of this year....it doesn't end this nightmare season. That was ended a handful of weeks ago. And it wont truly be gone until the start of next year.

So while I openly root for the Eagles to do well, losing helps us the most (as long as players like Foles and Brown and the kids look good while doing it).
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Well said^^

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash

Redskins at Eagles IGT - Week 16

So out of the three who would you guys rather have win the division?

Id say redskins. Giants always manage to win a superbowl if they sneak in and dallas...well **** dallas

vCash
    I want the RGIIIskins to make it.

I love that man.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    For me, it's all about our future. In the end, we'll all forget about knocking Washington or New York out of the playoffs. Probably as soon as next year. But if we get a stud in the draft (even in a week draft, there's going to be a few players who rise as NFL players), we'll remember that for 10-15 years possibly. As much as it sounds better to win two games at the end of this year....it doesn't end this nightmare season. That was ended a handful of weeks ago. And it wont truly be gone until the start of next year.

So while I openly root for the Eagles to do well, losing helps us the most (as long as players like Foles and Brown and the kids look good while doing it).
    I won't be devastated if we lose these last 2 games by any means, and I agree 100% with the points you made here. But we're looking at a top 10 pick no matter what, and there are plenty of studs that get drafted throughout the top 10 every year.

If we were heading into a complete rebuilding phase, I'd be right there with you. Getting that high draft pick would be essential to the cause. However this is not the case. It would be great to get that high pick, but it's not a necessity imo.

What is going to be this teams' biggest need or priority heading into this year's draft? Safety? D-line? We will have plenty of needs to fill, and a top 10 pick is almost guaranteed to get you a quality player at ONE of those positions.

There are no QBs to be had (whether we need one or not) and the O-line is a few healed injuries away from being great again. Those are the two main positions you usually absolutely have to have a top 5 pick to ensure getting a stud. I'm no draft guru by any means, but I have to imagine there are plenty of quality safeties, LBs, D-linemen etc that will fall into our lap in the top 10.

A top 10 pick and a few free agent additions and this team is right back in contention again. Assuming Foles is legit. If he's not, we've got a whole new set of problems to worry about.

I get what you're saying, and I'm not bashing the logic at all. But I can't cheer for this team to lose, especially in division games. Winning these next two games does not help us at all, and I get that, but I would still like to get SOME kind of satisfaction out of this season before the long wait for next season begins.

Like I said, I'm not gonna jump off my roof if we lose the next two games, and I'll take solace in the high draft pick and welcome it with arms wide open. But how much of a difference does picking 5th as opposed to 9th or 10th REALLY hurt the chances of improving this team next year? Not very much. Worst case scenario we miss out on one stud player at a certain position. Unfortunate, but not the end of the world. There will still be plenty of quality players that can help this team.

I would be more than happy to drop a couple spots in the draft at the expense of knocking the Giants out of the playoffs in the final week of the season.

Let's say we end up getting that top 5 pick, and the Giants go on to win yet another super bowl. Had we beaten them week 17, they wouldn't have made it in, but we'd be picking 9th instead of 5th. If you could trade the 5th pick for the 9th pick and erase another Giants super bowl victory, you wouldn't do it? I'm making that trade all day.

So again, I won't be upset if they lose. Lord knows I can't be any more disappointed than I already am. But there is no way I'm going into these games not hoping to see a win. If winning these 2 games dropped us from a top 5 pick to 15th or something, then it probably wouldn't be worth it. But dropping a handful of spots in a draft that is by no means make or break for us, for the sake of being able to get at least a little bit of pleasure out of this season before it ends is well worth it to me.

Perhaps we can compromise. I'll concede the Washington game, but beating the Giants to close out the season is a must for me. Eleven losses guarantees a top 10 pick (and still a good shot at the 6-7 range). That will still be very beneficial to this team.

The only way I'm changing my mind on this is if that game ends up being meaningless for NY.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post

Id say redskins. Giants always manage to win a superbowl if they sneak in and dallas...well **** dallas
    Redskins and it's not even close. They've sucked for so long that I haven't been able to have any hatred towards them. That being said, it would be pretty damn heartbreaking to see them win a super bowl before we do. **** that noise. I hope the Skins make it in and get booted in the first round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post

I actually found myself rooting for RGIII and the Redskins the past couple weeks. This really sucks to see the Giants, Cowboys, and Skins fight it out for the NFC East, the same NFC East that we have basically dominated since like 2000. I hate the basement

vCash
    I'll take tha forskins

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I'll take tha forskins
    I bet you would.

vCash
    Is it wrong that I don't HATE the Redskins? They have been so irrelevant for the past decade, I've really almost forgot they existed.

It's going to be hard to hate them wanting to have RGIII's babies and all.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Is it wrong that I don't HATE the Redskins? They have been so irrelevant for the past decade, I've really almost forgot they existed.

It's going to be hard to hate them wanting to have RGIII's babies and all.
    If RG3 is hoisting a Lombardi trophy 2 months from now, and D.C. gets a parade after "being so irrelevant" for so long, while we were dominant for so long and are still sitting here waiting to win our FIRST, I bet you'll be singing a different tune.

Honestly I'd rather the Giants win another one before Washington wins one. We've already seen them win 2, adding a 3rd wouldn't hurt that much more. But if the ****ing Redskins leap frog us after all these years and get one before we do, that would be a new low imho.

Eight years ago, if I would have told you the Redskins would win a super bowl before we do, you probably would have laughed at me. The fact that it is now actually even a realistic possibility is bad enough.

You may not hate them because they've been so irrelevant for so long. I share that sentiment. But they are still a division foe, and believe me, if they somehow DID go on to win the super bowl this year, it would not take long for that hatred to be rekindled.

I like RG3 as a player as well, but that hibernating hatred for the Skins plays a role in that. If he were drafted by the Cowboys, I'd despise him. But this guy is surely going to be a thorn in our side for many years to come, it's not long before we hate him too. I'll always respect him, but I highly doubt I'll be able to "like" him. Demarcus Ware is an absolute beast and very fun to watch, but I still hate him with a passion. If he played anywhere else (outside of the division) he'd probably be one of my favorite players. That's just how it goes. I'm sure the same thing will apply to RG3 in a couple years.

vCash
    I hated Romo from day 1, sane with Eli.

I will learn to hate him, but now, it's sheer, sweet, unadulterated love.

vCash
    So does that mean we can have this win????

vCash

Redskins at Eagles IGT - Week 16

I love RG3 as well but if we dont manage to bounce back next year then it becomes a real possibility that we trade places with them as bottom feeders in the division and they could very well win a super bowl before us, maybe multiple ones, but if foles works out then all that becomes irrelevant and it'll be quite the rivalry between us and the skins while the giants find a replacement for eli and the cowboys wait til jerry goes senile and gives up the team. I really hate that griffin went to washington lol

vCash
    Let's not forget that this Sunday could be Andy's last home game. That alone constitutes a win. If he's on his way out, he deserves to go out with a little dignity. I didn't even think about that before. That still might not be more important than our draft position to some, but **** it. We'll pick where we pick.

Just win.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast