Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Damn I'm 22, but I remember seeing Chavez Sr fights from before he fought DLH lol. I seen way too many fights haha
    My dad watched boxing since the 80's but I never actually went with him. Maybe I went with him but probably din't remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    It's all good, I was just messing with ya, kostya is one my favorite fighters of all time. Instead of chasing $, and doing this catchweight bs, he stayed at 140 and dominated his entire career, until he went to England and lost to Ricky hatton in a fight where Ricky would of been deducted a million pts in any other country.

Even as a amateur kostya was incredible, he had a style where he stayed right outside of his opponents reach, about a inch, if you went backwards he attacked, if you came forward he countered, he was a brilliant fighter.

Here's a amateur fight he had with Vernon Forrest, notice the size difference, and notice just how damn good kostya is, fight doesn't get heated until end of the 1st round. You'll also realize the difference in ability in fighters back than and today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFqzr...e_gdata_player

2nd round Tszyu just goes to work. This is the proper way to fight defensively, not this being 5 feet away from your opponent bs you see today.
    Yea, I looked him up on a bunch of his fights, he's pretty good. He seems to have flown under the radar a lot not getting much recognition.

vCash
    It's a great sport. I want real boxing back, too bad it will never happen.
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    B quality fighters can get million dollar fights now. Back then, you were forced to fight the best if you wanted to get the money. It'll never be the same.

vCash
    Fighters still ducked, thats always been a part of the sport. Just not as completely blatant and obvious as it is now. And you still had to earn your way up, not like the way canelo is. Some of the guys that were considered bums back Than would be b level today, and guys who were considered b level would be champs today.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678