Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    This.

Canelo should honestly be fighting at 160 and maybe even 168.
    Yes, he can hit like a mofo. And yes, his boxing IQ is very high.
    But the work that needs to get done MUST be done... or he
    will go nowhere with the more experienced fighters and boxers.
    Which, I know we all know this-- but some people (not you all,)
    talk about him like he's absolutely ready to go. And I just
    don't think he's quite there yet.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    He's not there yet, but 1 punch is all it takes.

He has terrific KO power and I think that's why people want him against Manny, Martinez orMayweather . Manny has already been KOed, Martinez has been dropped by Chavez and Mayweather can get rocked if Canelo gets past his defence.

vCash
    He has terrific KO power
    Have you watched his last few fights? As JMM has shown us in recent history, "one punch KO power"
    means NOTHING if you don't have great defense and can't land all the other punches besides the KO.
    Why does it matter? Because Alvarez has that calm, calculated fighting style that judges never give points for. He doesn't throw a LOT of punches, and he doesn't make a big show of it. But the thing is, he's still mighty slow on the counterpunches when he even attempts them, and when there's stuff going on like Hatton wrapping his left mitt around Alvarez' neck the then punching the back of his head... Alvarez isn't able to get those body punches in or uppercuts that need to be happening when he's facing pressure and neat tricks.

"IF CANELO GETS PAST HIS DEFENCE" is a HUGE *IF*, IMO. I didn't see him getting past Mosley's or Hatton's defence anywhere near often enough. The Lopez fight looked a little better, but Lopez looked like a deer in the headlights out there. I think an Alvarez/Trout fight would be preeeetty close to call right now. I haven't seen huge improvement in Canelo between fights. I just don't think you can base a whole career on hoping you can get that "one punch" in there.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    He has terrific KO power
    Have you watched his last few fights? As JMM has shown us in recent history, "one punch KO power"
    means NOTHING if you don't have great defense and can't land all the other punches besides the KO.
    Why does it matter? Because Alvarez has that calm, calculated fighting style that judges never give points for. He doesn't throw a LOT of punches, and he doesn't make a big show of it. But the thing is, he's still mighty slow on the counterpunches when he even attempts them, and when there's stuff going on like Hatton wrapping his left mitt around Alvarez' neck the then punching the back of his head... Alvarez isn't able to get those body punches in or uppercuts that need to be happening when he's facing pressure and neat tricks.

"IF CANELO GETS PAST HIS DEFENCE" is a HUGE *IF*, IMO. I didn't see him getting past Mosley's or Hatton's defence anywhere near often enough. The Lopez fight looked a little better, but Lopez looked like a deer in the headlights out there. I think an Alvarez/Trout fight would be preeeetty close to call right now. I haven't seen huge improvement in Canelo between fights. I just don't think you can base a whole career on hoping you can get that "one punch" in there.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Check this out though. Man... if only FOX or someone would start carrying those fights from Mexico. THat would be so cool:

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-go...-events--61394
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Take this as you want, but here's a tweet by Floyd mayweather sr.

“@FJMayweather: Yes I can confirm Lil Floyd will face Saul Canelo Alvarez next on May 4th! #MayeatherAlvarez”

Edit: nm it's a fake account.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Take this as you want, but here's a tweet by Floyd mayweather sr.

“@FJMayweather: Yes I can confirm Lil Floyd will face Saul Canelo Alvarez next on May 4th! #MayeatherAlvarez”

Edit: nm it's a fake account.
    **** those people and their fake Twitter accounts! *laughing* I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Via Mayweather fb page "me and guerrero just a rumor, I don't know who I'm fighting in May"
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    Dan Rafael thinks Bradley could be in the mix. But I doubt that happens since he's a TR fighter and a horrible draw.

vCash
    Dan also says golden boy reached out to kostya Tszyu. WTF

vCash
    Lol I had to Google who he was. The guy is retired and 43 years old. Hasn't had a fight since 2005.

vCash
    Lol I had to Google who he was. The guy is retired and 43 years old. Hasn't had a fight since 2005.
    Aww man, you had to google kostya Tszyu? Come on man...

At the time when Floyd was coming up, he was one of the pfp kings. Insanely good, just a picture perfect fighter, he had it all. He's considered one of if not the best 140 lbers ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hjqw...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by AddiX; 01-24-2013 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Aww man, you had to google kostya Tszyu? Come on man...

At the time when Floyd was coming up, he was one of the pfp kings. Insanely good, just a picture perfect fighter, he had it all. He's considered one of if not the best 140 lbers ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hjqw...e_gdata_player
    The first boxing match I saw was Mayweather-DLH. I had only started watching boxing a couple of years before it. So I must've missed him.

vCash
    The first boxing match I saw was Mayweather-DLH. I had only started watching boxing a couple of years before it. So I must've missed him.
    Damn I'm 22, but I remember seeing Chavez Sr fights from before he fought DLH lol. I seen way too many fights haha
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    It's all good, I was just messing with ya, kostya is one my favorite fighters of all time. Instead of chasing $, and doing this catchweight bs, he stayed at 140 and dominated his entire career, until he went to England and lost to Ricky hatton in a fight where Ricky would of been deducted a million pts in any other country.

Even as a amateur kostya was incredible, he had a style where he stayed right outside of his opponents reach, about a inch, if you went backwards he attacked, if you came forward he countered, he was a brilliant fighter.

Here's a amateur fight he had with Vernon Forrest, notice the size difference, and notice just how damn good kostya is, fight doesn't get heated until end of the 1st round. You'll also realize the difference in ability in fighters back than and today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFqzr...e_gdata_player

2nd round Tszyu just goes to work. This is the proper way to fight defensively, not this being 5 feet away from your opponent bs you see today.
    Last edited by AddiX; 01-25-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast