Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Canelo Alvarez vs. Floyd Mayweather - May 4th 2012

Canelo's Facebook Confirms Fight with Mayweather is close to be Finalized.

By all accounts, this seems to be the big money fight of 2012 to unify Mayweather's WBA belt and Canelo's WBC belt @ 154.

Mexico's next billed superstar vs pay per view king on Cinco de Mayo weekend. Probably going to be the biggest prize fight ever.

Who's excited?

vCash
    Floyd Mayweather is expected back in the ring in May, and it could be a battle of unbeatens.

Mayweather's opponent could be Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez — at least according to Alvarez. And it would likely take place on Cinco de Mayo weekend.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...n-may/1768785/

Surprised Mayweather took this fight over Rebert Guerrero. But I guess he wanted a true Mexican for Cinco De Mayo. If he takes on Martinez in the 2nd half, he'd be the ****ing man.

vCash
    I would like to hear the contract is signed from a golden boy rep before I get to excited.

God I hope this is true.

vCash
    wow.

vCash
    good...Mayweather is going to teach this kid a lesson
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    Very surprising if Floyd does take this fight. He's had his toughest fights @ 154, so choosing to take on a young, fast, strong, HUNGRY fighter in Canelo. He's miles ahead of Ortiz. I really thing Canelo is a huge threat to Floyd. Ring rust would hafta play a factor, even though it didn't in his fight against Marquez. He's older now, fresh out the joint. I think Canelo beats him. When Tyson came outta jail, he was never the same. As much as I like Robert Guerrero, I don't thnk he'd even challenge Flody @ 147, Guerrero has no right hand. PBF would clown him.

Please make this fight. ray:

vCash
    Canelo is basically a 160er who comes in weighing unofficially near/over 170. Mayweather is going to have a tough time if he gets hit with a left. But I think his experience will get the better of Canelo. But I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo actually gace Mayweather his first official knockdown from an unexpected punch.

vCash
    Wow, this would be super exciting. Hope it happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    Very surprising if Floyd does take this fight. He's had his toughest fights @ 154, so choosing to take on a young, fast, strong, HUNGRY fighter in Canelo. He's miles ahead of Ortiz. I really thing Canelo is a huge threat to Floyd. Ring rust would hafta play a factor, even though it didn't in his fight against Marquez. He's older now, fresh out the joint. I think Canelo beats him. When Tyson came outta jail, he was never the same. As much as I like Robert Guerrero, I don't thnk he'd even challenge Flody @ 147, Guerrero has no right hand. PBF would clown him.

Please make this fight. ray:
    Canelo will not be a big challenge for Floyd, in my view. The way to get to Floyd is to pressure him like Cotto did (Castillo too earlier in his career.) Cotto just ran out of gas after the 6th. Canelo doesn't throw enough punches and is too conventional to challenge Floyd, even an older, slower Floyd. It seems to me that it will be an "easy" shutout-type of fight.

Floyd is too smart and has too much experience for Canelo. He will potshot him all night. In and out. Canelo has not really shown an ability to crank it up. He has not been faced with the necessity to date.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Canelo is basically a 160er who comes in weighing unofficially near/over 170. Mayweather is going to have a tough time if he gets hit with a left. But I think his experience will get the better of Canelo. But I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo actually gace Mayweather his first official knockdown from an unexpected punch.
    Yeah, when ppl say to me he's not ready, I don't think theyvrealize Tge size difference. Floyd can't sit on the ropes with a guy like canelo, he will punch through his guard, and if he hurts Floyd, he can finish.

vCash
    Yeah this fight is interesting. Canelo's never been in the ring with anyone that even comparable to Mayweather. But on the other hand, Mayweather's never been in the ring with someone so big.

If I had to guess an outcome, I think Floyd gets knocked down atleast once only to outpoint him to a decision.

vCash
    If Canelo does knock him down, Floyd's not getting up and coming back to win a decision IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Yeah, when ppl say to me he's not ready, I don't think theyvrealize Tge size difference. Floyd can't sit on the ropes with a guy like canelo, he will punch through his guard, and if he hurts Floyd, he can finish.
    He's a lefty too and Floyd's Philly Shell won't work as well against a left hander.

vCash
    Canelo is not a lefty.

vCash
    Lol my bad it was early in the morning. For some reason, I was thinking of Martinez.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast