Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I think a name not mentioned is Havens, he will be in the 5-8 range. The kid can play could be our 2b real soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINFAN69 View Post
    I think a name not mentioned is Havens, he will be in the 5-8 range. The kid can play could be our 2b real soon.
    Unless he recovers this year his days are numbered as a possible major league second baseman.

Either way he is not a top 10 spec in this organization anymore.

vCash
    1. Wheeler
    2. Nimmo
    3. Flores
    4. Fulmer
    5. Familia
    6. Cecchini
    7. Montero
    8. Tapia
    9. Mateo
    10. Plawecki

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash

2013 Baseball America top 10 Mets Prospects

I edited my original post and changed Puello for Rodriguez, I think the tools he has will still make him a top 10 prospect, unlike Rodriguez who is a one tool guy.

vCash
    I take it we're all agreed Mejia is NOT considered a prospect then? What exactly is he?
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I edited my original post and changed Puello for Rodriguez, I think the tools he has will still make him a top 10 prospect, unlike Rodriguez who is a one tool guy.
    I think the system has improved to the point where neither are in the Top 10.

vCash

Actually no, looking back at last years top 10 he was still considered a prospect by baseball America and nothing happen this year to change that. If indeed he is still considered a prospect by them, he will likely still be in the top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I think the system has improved to the point where neither are in the Top 10.
    the system also lost a few guys who graduated, but Peullo is a guy that again because he has five tool potential will likely make it.

vCash

If Mejia is still considered a prospect, then this is how it will look like IMO.

1. Zack Wheeler
    2. Wilmer Flores
    3. Michael Fulmer
    4. Jenrry Mejia
    5. Jeurys Familia
    6. Domingo Tapia
    7. Brandon Nimmo
    8. Gavin Checchini
    9. Rafael Montero
    10. Cesar Puello

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINFAN69 View Post
    Hmmm...so many doubts about him, it's impossible to discount them.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Except with Pelfrey, it's easy to tell why he never made it big in the majors: his secondaries were hilariously terrible. That sinker/fb could have carried him to greatness with even above average secondaries.
    I think it was more of mental makeup than everything else with Pelfrey. Excluding the one half of a season where he pitched lights out, the guy was as inconsistent as they come. He lacked confidence on the mound...never really thought his "stuff" was an issue.

vCash
    I still believe Matz can be a stud.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    I think it was more of mental makeup than everything else with Pelfrey. Excluding the one half of a season where he pitched lights out, the guy was as inconsistent as they come. He lacked confidence on the mound...never really thought his "stuff" was an issue.
    Come on man, did you watch him throw his slider? It was awful. He was basically a fastball/slider pitcher, and his slider was nearly worthless. "Stuff" was a huge issue.

vCash
    Yeah and his fastball was nowhere near as good as advertised either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Unless he recovers this year his days are numbered as a possible major league second baseman.

Either way he is not a top 10 spec in this organization anymore.
    Yeah I agree he was off but I have watched him the last 2 years and I think he is gonna be the real deal @ 2b. jmo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12