Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Wait, the Dubs have a weakness?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Center til Bogut gets back, and consistency shooting and staying out of foul trouble if I had to nitpick. Hard to nitpick at 15-7 though.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    our biggest weakness is turnovers... too many empty possessions... We also need to improve our outside bench scoring to give curry and thompson a rest. Probably when jefferson comes back, we will solve that. but this whole "2nd" unit can't just depend on landry in the post and jack driving, we need someone on the outside that isn't curry or Klay. Jenkins just isn't the consistent 3pt shooter same with green. When we get Jefferson back, i dont see why we can't continue winning.
    Jefferson isn't coming back. He's healthy right now, but Green has taken his spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    They have me believing!!! We can do this! Dubs are back!

vCash
    So the motto for this season is "We Belong". I didn't come up with it, but it's pretty much adopted already.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    We Deceived

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Weaknesses? Three come to mind and I think they need to be addressed at some point if we ever want to be considered as serious contenders.

1.) Penetration
    2.) Athleticism/explosiveness
    3.) Ball Security

Based on all those words, I think everyone knows where I think we are weak going into any game. If our FO could successfully address these three things and have them last for a while, we could be looking at a very long and prosperous time for Warriors basketball.
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 12-14-2012 at 04:48 AM.

vCash
    based on all those words.....i think you have trouble having sex.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GSWJunkie View Post
    Weaknesses? Three come to mind and I think they need to be addressed at some point if we ever want to be considered as serious contenders.

1.) Penetration
    3.) Ball Security

Based on all those words, I think everyone knows where I think we are weak going into any game. If our FO could successfully address these three things and have them last for a while, we could be looking at a very long and prosperous time for Warriors basketball.
    I actually agree with everything you said. In the future, I think Harrison Barnes helps to solve the penetration and athleticism issues. But we need more than one threat to penetrate the lane. I think Curry has done a good job of penetrating when the opportunity presented itself. But in my opinion this is where Thompson really needs to improve. If he can start to drive the ball more and more, with his height, length, and touch around the rim, we could have a balanced attack as far as shooting and penetrating goes. As for ball security, most of that goes on Curry since he's the Point Guard, and his assist to turnover ratio isn't really what it should be. But this is really his first year of playing Point Guard full time, so I expect his assist to turnover ratio to get better as the season goes on. And to add on to that point, were a young team, and for a young team I don't think we've been that bad with the ball. Yeah were turning the ball over more than you would like, but it's not effecting us to the point were it's costing us games. So look for these issues to get solved as the year goes on, and as our young players gain experience.

vCash
    The weakness positionally is center and small forward. Draymond Green has been great, but we are being killed by other small forwards as we are being killed by centers as well.

Offensively, it's turnovers. I am not sure why anyone is complaining about the offense other than that because if you disregard the first two weeks of the season as outliers to our offense, we are a top five offensive team.

Defensively, we are 17th in the league, which is great for this team, but that is in fact the weakness. A weakness that would/will be fixed when/if Bogut comes back.

I know this forum overvalues slashing now because of this thread, the fact we watched Monta for five years, and that you guys wanted/want to(?) to trade Klay Thompson for Tyreke ****ing Evans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    The weakness positionally is center and small forward. Draymond Green has been great, but we are being killed by other small forwards as we are being killed by centers as well.

Offensively, it's turnovers. I am not sure why anyone is complaining about the offense other than that because if you disregard the first two weeks of the season as outliers to our offense, we are a top five offensive team.

Defensively, we are 17th in the league, which is great for this team, but that is in fact the weakness. A weakness that would/will be fixed when/if Bogut comes back.

I know this forum overvalues slashing now because of this thread, the fact we watched Monta for five years, and that you guys wanted/want to(?) to trade Klay Thompson for Tyreke ****ing Evans.
    I disagree. I think right now of course were losing the battle at Small Forward and Center on most nights, which is to be expected when your starting rookies at both positions. But like I said as the season goes on, I expect Barnes to be more aggressive, and I expect his three point shot to improve as well. And as far as the battle at Center goes, we just have to wait for Bogut to return. Ezeli has done a great job so far this season, helping the team defensively and on the boards, but he's not Andrew Bogut offensively, defensively, or on the boards.

I agree with turnovers being a problem, but look at my previous post.

Defensively we will improve allot when Bogut comes back. He's the guy that's going to hold other guy's accountable, he's the guy that's going to talk the most on defense, an he's the guy that's going to keep people from even driving into the lane (Out of fear that they might get blocked).

vCash
    I agree somewhat on the second part. But guys are already not coming in the lane against.

Second in preventing shots at the rim, but sixteenth in letting shots at the rim go in. The latter would increase with Bogut. I believe we can have elite interior defense as soon as Bogut comes back and slashing teams would have extremely difficult times with us. Such as the Heat or the Spurs.

I also agree that Barnes and Green will improve, but I wouldn't be against trading Green for a bonafide SF that made us better.

And Bob Meyers in an interview said he is looking to add players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GSWJunkie View Post

1.) Penetration
    3.) Ball Security

This

THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

vCash

Domnic McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Bayareaboy View Post
    This
    Heard he was available, my take is that he adds to toughness the warriors have ... he cud easily be a back up for someone like Landry. The penetration issue can be solved if Jenkins got some more minutes cause he does like to go into the Paint. Wondering what Monta will be thinking in Milwaukee ... this cud have easily been his team .... I need to see Bogut come back fully fit and that wud scare the helll out of the opposition cause suddenly the floor will open up for Klay and Step .....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Center
    Nuff said! It's our only weak position. Ezeli has struggled a bit recently.

We should try and trade Biedrins or Jefferson and picks/Tyler for Gortat. Gortat is really unhappy in Phoenix and would be a great fit for us. He would provide us with insurance until Bogut comes back, or if he doesn't come back. If Bogut does return, he'll be on short minutes and Gortat would allow us the luxury of easing Bogut back into the mix. They could even play together at times.

Curry/Jack
    Thompson/Jenkins
    Barnes/Green
    Lee/Landry
    Bogut/Gortat
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast