Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Brewer interested in staying long term

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...-with-nuggets/

Brewer will be an unrestricted free agent next summer and figures to be one of the more coveted wings due to his strong ability to defend the perimeter. However, Brewer’s first choice is to sign a multi-year deal with the Nuggets and remain with the franchise long-term.
    “You know I’d love to be here,” Brewer said to HOOPSWORLD. “But you never know what’s going to happen, because it’s the NBA. I just take it day by day and hopefully this will be home.”
    Brewer is set to earn $3.2 million this season in the last year of his deal.
    The Nuggets are currently committed to $67 million in salaries for the 2013-14 campaign, which doesn’t include a potential qualifying offer to center Timofey Mozgov, who will also likely hit the free agent market. The Nuggets could find themselves in luxury tax territory barring any cap clearing deals on the horizon.
    Brewer is playing the best basketball of his pro career, averaging 11 points and three rebounds per game this season. The forward quickly credits Karl with his on-court development and helping him to carve out his role in the league.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday...9HIDZx8zSa2.99
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    this actually broke a few weeks back. As long as Karl knows how to handle him...I can deal with it but...that is a dilemma in itself.

vCash
    A lot may depend on Chandler. I think if Chandler is healthy we likely will trade one of them.

I have been mostly impressed with Brewer this season. He certainly has helped in situations where the team looked stagnant.

But I think his minutes would be reduced if Chandler were healthy. I think Ill Will has a more complete NBA game, though we have yet to really see it in Denver.

I also think Brewer is a great locker room guy, always upbeat and cant see him ever complain about minutes so hard to get rid of a guy who contributes and never expects anything. I truly believe him when he says he would like to stay here long term, not just saying it to be politically correct.

vCash
    idk what to think of chandler. His injury history is really concerning.
    Nuggets 2014-15 motto: Return to mediocrity

Hall & Oates - Melo come back
    Melo come back, any kind of intelligent fan could see
    There was something in everything about you
    Melo come back, you can blame it all George Karl
    He was wrong and I just can't live without you

vCash
    Brewer career stats: 41.6% FG, 31.1% 3pt, 69.7% FT

Brewer's has been hot in December but was shooting below 40% before that.

...and that part about Brewer being a "coveted wing defender"??? Who writes that crap!

No thanks, we don't need to overpay Corey Brewer so Karl can give him a mind numbing 23+ minutes a night.

Here's Brewers "coveted perimeter 'D':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yJ8MMoANRQ

vCash

vCash
    Chandler has more upside, but how do you pay a guy who can't stay healthy. Brewer plays with so much energy, very positive, and follwing Chandler on Twitter, I really am getting bad vibes from the dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    follwing Chandler on Twitter, I really am getting bad vibes from the dude.
    I dont actually follow follow him on twitter but I know what you mean. Some odd tweets i've seen
    Nuggets 2014-15 motto: Return to mediocrity

Hall & Oates - Melo come back
    Melo come back, any kind of intelligent fan could see
    There was something in everything about you
    Melo come back, you can blame it all George Karl
    He was wrong and I just can't live without you

vCash
    i like to see brewer sign a long term contract. hes such a energy player, its nice to see him on the court, i hope they do it!

he plays SG/SF...why would chandler even matter... we have such a diverse rotation it doesnt even matter imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    I dont actually follow follow him on twitter but I know what you mean. Some odd tweets i've seen
    Wilson is usually so quiet and mild mannered in interviews. I will go follow him on twitter. A lot of athletes say stuff on twitter that is surprising.

As far as Brewer goes it all comes down to price. I see him as an asset to the Nuggets team if the price is right.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.