Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Memphis Grizzlies (14-5) @ Denver Nuggets (11-12) 12/14 10:30 PM ET ESPN

(14-5) Memphis Grizzlies @ Denver Nuggets (11-12)

Friday, December 14th
    10:30 PM ET ESPN

Pepsi Center
    Denver, CO

Grizzlies Starters

Mike Conley-Tony Allen-Rudy Gay-Zach Randolph-Marc Gasol

Grizzlies Reserves

Jerryd Bayless-Tony Wroten-Jeremy Pargo-Wayne Ellington Josh Selby-Quincy Pondexter-Marreese Speights-Darrell Arthur-Hamed Haddadi

Denver Nuggets Starters

Ty Lawson - Andre Iguodala - Danilo Gallinari - Kenneth Faried - Kosta Koufas

Nuggets Reserves

Wilson Chandler - Timofey Mozgov - Anthony Randolph - Julyan Stone- Andre Miller - JaVale McGee - Jordan Hamilton - Evan Fournier - Quincy Miller- Corey Brewer

vCash
    Should be a fun one. How about we actually win a nationally televised game?

vCash
    Andre Iguodala at the wrong position? Former NBA coach thinks so

Now, right away, the wing spot in the Nuggets’ flowing offense is played by both shooting guards and small forwards.

But Flip Saunders had some curious thoughts about the Nuggets this week on the Minneapolis radio station, KFAN 100.3 FM.

Asked about the Nuggets, Flip said, “Their biggest thing which hurt them was they got rid of Arron Afflalo, who could knock down 3s, gave them a toughness, and they brought in Andre Iguodala — but he’s really not a two, he’s more of a three. So what happened is they don’t have that solid two. I’ve never liked him as a two, I always thought he was better at a three. So they have a little bit of a logjam.”

Dre had a nice explosive stretch earlier this season, but lately, yikes.

As I wrote in today’s paper, in the past half-dozen games, including the road trip, Dre shot 26.7 percent from the field. He was 7-for-14 from inside the paint and 9-for-46 (19.6 percent) from everywhere else. During this stretch, Iguodala has averaged 4.2 turnovers per game, as well.

“The system we play, sometimes we’re making them play in a non-comfortable zone,” Nuggets coach George Karl said of Iguodala. “But he does so many good things. His numbers offensively stand out, but A.I. does a lot of basketball stuff out there that helps us be successful.”

I think what Flip meant was by having Dre at the two, it keeps another player (perhaps a better shooter) from being slotted at shooting guard.

Saunders also summed up his former player, JaVale McGee, quite accurately: “You’re going to see a couple highlights tonight, both good and bad. But it’ll be entertaining.”
    DP

We sure like to put people out of position. The biggest one is our 2 PG set. Neither Ty or Dre are SG but they continually play that spot daily.

How about we throw around the idea of having Jordan Hamilton play a dahnty jones role? Have him start off both halfs that way he gets consistent playing time then we can go to the bench and bring in energy like Faried or so..

It makes the most sense. If you want to make the dribble drive offense work, like it's suppose to, then you need to have actual shooters out there.

J-ham at the 2, Igua at the 3, Gallo at the 4....that's plenty of spacing..

vCash
    flip out coaching and out GM'ing this staff from the couch

#flipforHC
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    Are there major differences for the SG and SF in this system? I have not seen many. On the defensive end a coach can match up anyone regardless of if they play SG or SF.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Well difference between SG and SF is in letter "S"...For SG it's for someone who can actually shoot(Shooting (Guard)) the ball,and for SF it stands for Small(Forward)-he can shoot but he doesn't have to...so if you have E.Gordon type of SG,Iggy can play his position(SF) and care more about defense,passing,rebounding and some scoring...but we all expect from him to score big numbers on good %...

vCash
    I think you are kidding about the initials.

SFs also shoot a lot. KG plays SF. Nothing stopping him from shooting. Iggy can play defense on anyone the coach chooses no matter what position he plays on offense. There is no rule that he has to guard the SG SF PG etc based on his position on offense. In many of today's systems the SG and SF's are both wings on offense and often considered near interchangeable.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I think you are kidding about the initials.

SFs also shoot a lot. KG plays SF. Nothing stopping him from shooting. Iggy can play defense on anyone the coach chooses no matter what position he plays on offense. There is no rule that he has to guard the SG SF PG etc based on his position on offense. In many of today's systems the SG and SF's are both wings on offense and often considered near interchangeable.
    100% agree I never got why people made a huge deal out of SG vs SF. They're both wing players. Iggy and AA both shot 39% from 3 last year so saying that that Iggy should be playing SF because he's not good enough of a shooter is incorrect. Iggy just needs to stop turning the damn ball over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    DP

We sure like to put people out of position. The biggest one is our 2 PG set. Neither Ty or Dre are SG but they continually play that spot daily.

How about we throw around the idea of having Jordan Hamilton play a dahnty jones role? Have him start off both halfs that way he gets consistent playing time then we can go to the bench and bring in energy like Faried or so..

It makes the most sense. If you want to make the dribble drive offense work, like it's suppose to, then you need to have actual shooters out there.

J-ham at the 2, Igua at the 3, Gallo at the 4....that's plenty of spacing..
    Flip Saunders hit it on the head. I have echoed his exact statements in the past regarding Iggy. I wish Denver would've kept AAA. He brings much more to a team than Iggy. He always plays his heart out we were wrong to trade him. Iggy isn't a bad player, but I don't think he's All Star/ Olympic material. He's not even the best player on the team. Iggy has the body of a sg/sf but he lacks the skilll set for the position. Outside of his defense he is an average player. Seeing that Denver doesn't play defense that really doesn't matter. Everyone thought he would fit perfectly in our run and gun style offense, but he just doesn't. Every time he drives to the basket he gets ripped. Iggy cannot create a shot off the dribble and when he tries he always ends up with an extremely diffcult shot. Even when lawson draws two defenders and kicks it out to Iggy wide open he rarely hits his shots. I think our best bet is to package Iggy, Mozgov or koufos, and miller and try to trade for an all star. We need a lights out shooter...

vCash
    I guess its just me in here tonight lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Should be a fun one. How about we actually win a nationally televised game?
    You probably will
    Denver has our number now
    Plus THE ALTITUDE.......bet you guys get sick of that excuse!
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    For just one game, can we have good defense while putting the ball in the basket?

vCash
    Our defense is a lost cause.

vCash
    We're looking like crap right now...what's new

vCash
    Boards!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast