Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread II

vCash
    Trenches or trade

(Star)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    Make sure to watch our newest member of the Raider Nation tonight. He'll be wearing number 5, with the gold helmet, in the middle, of the nations #1 defense.

That #5 will turn into #55 next year and look damn good in the Silver N Black. Take a peek at him tonight, & see what we haven't seen on this team in years....

*Strong wrap-up tackler who drives through & finishes
    *Lateral movements are NFL caliber at its best
    *Ray Lewis type instincts
    *Disciplined against the run
    *Never out of his gap assignment
    *Uses his hands well to shed & get to the ball

So the Raiders are drafting Notre Dame's QB Golston? I didn't know that QB #5 could do all these.........because after tonight, there's no way Te'o is worthy of a 1st rd pick......let alone top ten.

vCash
    'teo at 3 lol

vCash
    Te'o looked bad but you cant judge him on 1 game. That is how we ended up with Jaffatty who did nothing but was great in the Sugar Bowl. Te'o will be a great NFL player. Future HOF'er probably not. Make a couple of pro-bowls? yes. If he worth the top 3? probably not mid 1st round you are getting yourself a ball player. You guys should wait till his career is over before you judge him. 1 game doesnt make you great and 1 game doesnt make a you a 5th round talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    And two of those guys are amongst our very best players.

Drafting oline consistently is a very smart course of action.

-Stork
    Yeah, if you can field a better-than-high school-level-defense, it's very smart. But if you can't, then I think we should draft defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Te'o looked bad but you cant judge him on 1 game. That is how we ended up with Jaffatty who did nothing but was great in the Sugar Bowl. Te'o will be a great NFL player. Future HOF'er probably not. Make a couple of pro-bowls? yes. If he worth the top 3? probably not mid 1st round you are getting yourself a ball player. You guys should wait till his career is over before you judge him. 1 game doesnt make you great and 1 game doesnt make a you a 5th round talent.
    Maybe you can't, but I can. This was far and away the best team Notre Dame has faced all year, and it's not even really close. Te'o was MIA all night and couldn't handle the big boys on the Alabama OL, much less five NFL linemen.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    I'm not judging him off one game. I've said he had good leadership abilities, but would be a solid starter. I think the florida mlb can be just as good production wise in the 3rd/4th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    Maybe you can't, but I can. This was far and away the best team Notre Dame has faced all year, and it's not even really close. Te'o was MIA all night and couldn't handle the big boys on the Alabama OL, much less five NFL linemen.
    Are you saying suddenly Te'o has to take on 5 lineman by himself???? Are you saying of all the teams Notre Dame has played not 1 offensive lineman will be an NFL player. He looked bad plain and simple but so did every ND player. Now none of them are worthy of the NFL???

vCash
    Are you saying suddenly Te'o has to take on 5 lineman by himself???? Are you saying of all the teams Notre Dame has played not 1 offensive lineman will be an NFL player. He looked bad plain and simple but so did every ND player. Now none of them are worthy of the NFL???
    No, but he will take each of them on individually at some point in the game most likely. He was unable to shed almost every block put on him tonight. I can't remember him making a single solo tackle.

No, I'm saying that he got devoured by a line that likely does not have five NFL starters on it. What will happen we he does?

Yes he did, and yes they all did. Some of them will play in the NFL, including Te'o, but none of them are worth a top 3 pick, also including Te'o.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Alabama does have the best guard in CFB (#65) and he's probably better than most guards in the NFL right now. So I don't think the talent difference of the NFL OLs you see is that much better than what he brought to the table.

Te'o love has definitely hit an all time low, with good reason, because he had a bad game on the biggest stage. I'm still confident Te'o becomes a very good NFL player because he has the talent, instincts and drive to continue getting better. Top 3 draft pick? No, not enough of a playmaker. Good inside LB? Yes, he'll start and make a team happy for many years.

vCash
    Well, Te'o shot the wrong gap quite a bit, got swallowed up by the OL, missed a lot of tackles, looked lost in coverage. Other than that, he looked like he could go #1 overall....and maybe someone would be willing to trade up to that spot to take him.

No way does his name need called the 1st night, period.

vCash
    Teo was exposed guys, dont take it personally, mcclain was hyped and stunk as well.He is not a top 5, and we should by no means select him unless weve traded down to 32 and hes still on the board.

DE, or Oline, Alabama center looked great. Hes not mocked very high , if nor O-line then DE, but please RM do your ususal stuff and trade down, pick up a 2nd or two so we can fill out this roster.

vCash
    After tonight I want either star, joekel, or jones

vCash
    I think we all need to be patient and see how these guys grade out after the combine.

vCash
    In all fairness ND sucked as a team last night, and didn't belong on the field with Bama. But at the same time, you are right, all 5 of those Bama linemen will play in the NFL and he did not look good against that level of competition. Needs to play against more SEC and less of that PAC12 crap football.

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast