Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread II

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    Those are all good points, which is why I want a middle linebacker ideally.

But our secondary is soooooooo weak. And corners have to be able to tackle, too. I mean, how many times have I see our corners miss tackles on run plays. Those are the runs that turn out to be the real long ones that kill us.

At least we have two decent linebackers and some decent linemen. But our dbs are atrocious.............all of them.
    I absolutely agree. Our CB's are terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    I absolutely agree. Our CB's are terrible.
    I agree with this 100%. They are beyond terrible, they are atrocious. CB will have to be addressed either via free agency or the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Star 2013 Clowney 2014
    So we get the #1 pick next year?

vCash
    What bothers me is that they were atrocious coming into this year. I read a review of each team's defense before the season, and the writer actually laughed at the starters we had coming into the season.

Then, we cut two of our youngest prospects, only to bring back one of them recently to replace the guy who supposedly beat him out at the beginning of the year.

To me, it was obvious that they were making a huge mistake with our secondary personnel. Now, Chekwa comes back with no learning experience, he will get burnt, and then cut again because he's not performing well.

In other words, the Raiders are seemingly good at ruining young players' careers

vCash
    What bothers me is that they were atrocious coming into this year. I read a review of each team's defense before the season, and the writer actually laughed at the starters we had coming into the season.

Then, we cut two of our youngest prospects, only to bring back one of them recently to replace the guy who supposedly beat him out at the beginning of the year.

To me, it was obvious that they were making a huge mistake with our secondary personnel. Now, Chekwa comes back with no learning experience, he will get burnt, and then cut again because he's not performing well.

In other words, the Raiders are seemingly good at ruining young players' careers
    Change that to "were"

vCash
    I'd be happy to trade down.....no doubt about it.
    But if we keep the top pick, I think Te'o would be great for the Raiders.
    We need character on this team, and that's what you get with Notre Dame players.
    And how much of that "character" will help him if we don't address the defensive line first? When the o-line has blown up our d-line, there's no room for Te'o, or any ILB to make a play. We need some "big nasties" up front that actually engage the o-line, so that the LBs can make plays. Without a competent d-line, it doesn't really matter whose the LBs.

IOW, go DL(especially DT/NT), early and often.
    Last edited by N. Cog Neato; 12-14-2012 at 05:52 AM.

vCash

That's not true about Chekwa. He has been on the Raides practice squad all season long. He has been getting experience just by being on the practice squad, getting a little more seasoning.

The guys they cut last year sucked BAD. With the crappy salary cap situation Al got the Raiders in and not having a draft pick until the end of the 3rd round, McKenzie didn't have much options for bringing in quality CB's. That's the reason why they were signed to one year deals because I think we all know they were just a stop gap until this next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    That's not true about Chekwa. He has been on the Raides practice squad all season long. He has been getting experience just by being on the practice squad, getting a little more seasoning.

The guys they cut last year sucked BAD. With the crappy salary cap situation Al got the Raiders in and not having a draft pick until the end of the 3rd round, McKenzie didn't have much options for bringing in quality CB's. That's the reason why they were signed to one year deals because I think we all know they were just a stop gap until this next year.
    Exactly!...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    sorry, i said it one way and changed it incompletely. i meant 'we won't tank because we have pride.' my original point still stands though. sell-outs want the raiders to tank. them, and donkey fans. which one are you? i have less than 0 respect for tanking supporters.
    This x1000! **** all that tanking noise. No HC WANTS their team to lose. That's just dumb.

That's like saying your boss doesn't want to make those 3 huge sales by the end of the year just so the company doesn't have to do all the paperwork.

Come on now. Be realistic.

Thank GOD tank supporters aren't HC's in real life.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    I really would rather them drat Luke Joeckel and sure up the O-line for a long time. I know defense is our biggest need, but that right side has been garbage for quite some time now and needs to be addressed.

Star: Great run defender but lacks skills to pressure the QB.

Te'o: Good in all areas.

Werner: To me this is just another Shaunassey, he has really good speed but doesn't seem to have that elite pass rush needed in the NFL.

Another than that, I'd be cool with Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Bills are looking to trade up to draft a QB. Possible trading partner?

vCash
    ^ Link? Where did you hear this? It's just too early to believe these rumors...
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    ^ Link? Where did you hear this? It's just too early to believe these rumors...
    In what has become a weekly discussion of his franchise's quarterback situation, Bills GM Buddy Nix suggested Friday that he's keen on trading up to address the position in this year's draft.
    "Let me say this: I think there's a time that in the era that you're in and the development of your team, there's a time when you can move up a round to take a quarterback," Nix said. "And I think the time's now for us ... We need a good, young quarterback, and we're going to do our best to get him." Nix has waffled a bit on the issue, but has essentially conceded that Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the solution.
    -Rotoworld

vCash
    Hmmm interesting
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Trade down to the bills go dline,cb, montae ball

props to sfgiants5518 for the sports userbar.props to vick for other user bar.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast