Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Thread II

vCash
    and yes, McFadden for multiple picks, 2nd and 3rd or third and 4th is like trading him for a happymeal.
    WE got a fourth for a guy who quit on the team in his 10th season.
    Mcfadden is a rare talent in the eyes of NFL GMs and players even if you guys in here have lost faith in him.

vCash
    Teams just dont trade players for picks often....especially heading into the draft...i cant think of the last time

vCash
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...Y_AraZMfV1jkJQ

here you go guys....take a look at 2006 and 2007...11 picks each year.
    multiple 2nds, 3rd,4th,5ths...thats what reggie does.
    also notice Games collumn. look how many draft picks GB has had in the last 5-6 seasons and how many 40 or less games from 2006-2010 19 of 43 players have not played any kind of consistent playing time in the nfl, so a little better then 50% success rate.
    But it doesnt stop there becasue many of those players that have managed to stick around the NFL wind up not being signed to the team that drafted them so of those 24 draft picks since 2006 that have been in more then 40 of the 96 games played since the begining of the 2006 season only 22 players are still packers and 13 of them are on their rookie contracts. so from 2006-2010 the packers found 9 players that they wanted to keep or less then two a draft.

Thats what good "drafting " teams do, they pick up as many picks as possible, as often as possible, commit to very few long term, and trade vets for picks when ever they can.

vCash
    @ pablo, yeah heading into a draft teams ususally wait until afterwards to make a play for a guy that might round out their roster, thats true, but not to often does a team offer quality players for less then premium picks.

If we trade down and get a 2nd and a fourth
    IM willing to bet that Reece would net a 2nd round pick.
    Moore or Ford would net a 3rd
    Mccalin should net a 5th, from a 34 team.
    Dmac? getting a third and a fourth for him isnt ridiculous.
    and that would do it
    1st
    two seconds
    three thirds
    three fourths
    even if I remove one or two players from my scenario, you can take your pick as far as who we couldnt get and replace that name with a FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    @ pablo, yeah heading into a draft teams ususally wait until afterwards to make a play for a guy that might round out their roster, thats true, but not to often does a team offer quality players for less then premium picks.

and that would do it
    1st
    two seconds
    three thirds
    three fourths
    even if I remove one or two players from my scenario, you can take your pick as far as who we couldnt get and replace that name with a FA.
    Why would any team give up a 2nd for Reece? U can't just assume every team is as dumb as the raiders
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    wow, most people really like reeces versatility...We have vastly missused him this year, but in so doing showed that not only can he be a lead Blocking back, or a pass protector, or split out as a Slot reciever, or leak out into the flat, or over the middle...(all things we found out in 2010 and 2011) but he can also be a primary running back and be effective.

Hes the most versatile player Ive seen in a very very long time.
    Ive seen guys that can do a couple of things better then he does, but no one who can do ALL the things he does, as well as he does.
    Wait till he lines up at TE, like some people have suggested(lol, Im not one of em), but Im starting to think he could do that too.
    a second RD pick isnt that valuable to a playoff team.
    But Like I said, you are picking at straws.
    If you feel that my projections are too hyperbolic as to what we could acquire then replace one or two of the selections with a FA of your choosing, it really doesnt change the flavor of what I would try to do with the roster.
    No Kyle Long?...then Bergstrom, or barnes starts if we dont sign another name FA.
    No Barner? then taylor, goodson, and Jones are the RBs.
    No datone jones, then we need another FA de...maybe OSI, or Avril.

If you want me to prioritize my slections then here you go

TEO
    BARR
    Holmes
    Mccullers
    Taylor
    Mathieu
    williams
    fauria

that would be our draft plus a second and a third. Im sure we could pull that much off.
    Then we need to focus on DE in FA.

vCash
    When Oakland becomes a winner down the road, no one is gonna know how to act in this forum, most everyone is gonna have to go to rehab lol

Oh and for the record you`re all missing the most critical pick, which doesn`t shock me.

I know it doesn`t make sense to go get what New England wants, they don`t win games lol.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 12-23-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    what r u talking about Firm?

vCash
    what r u talking about Firm?
    I`m talking about the most important leader on the field, the qb.

The Patriots have been in town since week 5 of the College Campaign, when they grab Nassib and put him underneath Brady, the Patriots will be in good position for 2017 - 2030.

Oakland no doubt will blow this one, they will draft short term players without long term impact. This miss is gonna be very very big.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 12-23-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash

Talking

and that would do it
    1st
    two seconds
    three thirds
    three fourths
    Like i said i just dont see it..maybe im wrong but i cant see any gm in the league giving up a 2 for a fullback..ford has missed like the last year and a half due to injury..moore might net a 3 but i doubt he will be traded..mcclain we'll see teams will just wait for him to be cut...not willing to pay him whats left on his deal..your overvaluing the tradable assets on the raiders imo...and its very unlikely to pick up a 2 and a 4 by trading back in the first unless your doing a move like the browns and bucs did..and they had to trade out of the top 15... so getting teo woudnt happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Why would any team give up a 2nd for Reece? U can't just assume every team is as dumb as the raiders
    I guess I am super Dumb. I wouldn't give up Reece for a two. Since there aren't a lot of elite picks this draft I would trade down from our #3 pick
    I do not CHEER when a RAIDER is HURT
    I will always respect & admire Al Davis
    Win, Lose, or Tie; Raider Fan Till I Die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by butta81 View Post
    Here is a possibity that we could try. St Louis Rams have two first rounds picks the 15, 17. I would say trade down and pick up a second round pick. If St Louis Rams let us trade down then I would say lets pick up Milliner with the 15 pick, whatever DT that can play in the 3-4 system and in the 4-3.. With the second round pick we should pick up Alec Olgtree. I would say keep McClain, have him come back with a fresh ATTITUDE and ready to play. Just a thought what do u guys think.
    I believe McClain is gone....period. I would shop the heck out of our #3 pick and keep shopping for a while. If we get in the mood and can find buyers; I would like to see us trade 2 or three times.
    Now comes the long wait

vCash
    even though I'd love for us to get Star or Chandler Jones....best bet is to trade down if you can. We do need all the help we can get. I just hope one of them can really rush the passer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    Yeah man, everyone thinks teams are dying to move up and give away loads of picks for...I really don't know for who because both top QBs are not even worth a top 25 pick IMO.
    I agree with where you are coming from. I have 2 questions to ask.
    If you pick third---as we will---who would you pick?
    What do you think we can get for the 2013 #3 pick?

vCash
    here is my pointless mock draft 3.0.
    rather the offer trade ideas that everyone will find fault with, I will simply say that I have 5 players I would keep.
    Veldheer
    Wis
    Palmer
    Burris
    Houston.
    Everyone is trade eligible and Trades must be made to get the number of picks Ive identified.
    ok ?,so Dmac, ford, moore, Mclain, a trade down, reece,it doesnt matter who for what as long as I get my picks.

1st RD. Manti Teo-ND
    Im not in love with this guy like some of you, but Our 43 will suck until we have a true mike so, I trade down and take him somewhgere like 5-10th and get picks(see above(.

2nd Rd(trade pick up) Eziekel Ansah-DE BYU

Anash is ranked as the 6th best DE by cbs. what he does offer that the other DEs dont is size. Hes the biggest of the top 6, and makes TFL if not a bunch of sacks.I dont want Undersized DEs.

2nd rd B(trade pick up)
    Anthony Barr- OLB UCLA

this kid is a player.hes undersized at 238, but he can rush from the Will spot.
    hes had an excellent JR year leading the Pac-12 in sacks with 13.5.

This would make our LBErs look like...43...Wheeler ,Teo, Barr
    34... wheeler, teo, Burris, barr.

That is pretty solid.
    3rd round(our own)

Kahleed Holmes-Center.USC
    he is the second ranked center and comes from a true pro system that runs quite a bit of ZBS, he comes in and moves wis back to guard, making our left side imposing once again.

3rd RD.(trade)
    Datone jones-UCLA

He is the only other DE ranked as a top 10 prospect that has 3 down size@ 275.
    resigning Carter and shaunessy rounds out our DE rotation. all four are 270+, can provide some pass rush, AND play the run.

3rd(trade)-Daniel MC Cullers-DT Tenn.-

this guy is HUGE 377 lbs, Nose tackle, but can play in a 43 as well. This will help ourt Multiple sets. In this mock, I have us moving Houston Inside and signing FA DT randy starks (miami) and Bring Bryant back as well.

That means tolefson,Crawford,Kelly and Seymour are gone., and our d-line features a great mix of young and old,..Ansah(R) Jones(R) Shaunessy carter,Houston, Mccullers(R)
    Starks(Fa) Bryant(Fa) bilukidi.

4th rd -Kyle Long OT-Oregon

Everyone wants to see howies kid in silver and black.Im no different, hell maybe we could pry chris away at some point too. Oregon runs ZBS almost exclusively, Kyle is rated around 10th on the positional rankings, but is the best available at this point so its not like a reach for name value.
    to complete my O-line make over I sign Chris Spencer who has started two seasons for the Bears after washing out as a 1st round pick in Seattle.Chicago is obviously a ZBS team with forte running for huge yardage, so my 2013 o-line:
    Veldheer-wis-Holmes-Spencer-Long. goodbye carlisle, smith and Breisel(keep) bergstrom, parsons,and Barnes(Fa).this should actually be a cost savings considering Breisels 4 million salary.

4th RD. B(trade) Stepfon Taylor RB stanford.
    he is a shifty 215 lb ZBS back (in this scenario, weve traded Dmac for picks)

4th RD C(trade) Kenyon Barner RB Oregon. between the two of these guys you have more then 3000 rushing yards this year.add Taiwan Jones and bring back Goodson and we go four with three ZBS rbs, and we are younng at the position.

5th rd (from panthers) Tyrann Mathieu-CB-LSU
    a great value this late in the draft considering some sites have him off the board for behaviour issues, he has a chance to jump up after the combine but 5'09" corners arent that desirable..CBS lists him 178th overall as a prospect.

6th Rd- C.J. Barnett- F.S. Ohio ST.
    Hes had a solid season for bowl ineleigible OSU, dont understand his ranking, but ill take him as the 322 player on the big board, we have been beat over the top too many times, this guy can play the deep ball.

In this scenario we need to sign a couple of FAs.
    Dashon Goldson, and Q.jammer., that makes our stable look likie this:
    CBs:
    Jammer
    Mathieu(R)
    Adams
    Chekwa

safeties
    Huff
    Goldson
    Branch
    barnett(R)

and finally 7th round-Joe fauria TE UCLA- I dont get why they have him ranked so low either ,but when i put these pointless games to gether i simply play by the rules the different sites have provided.
    6-7 with soft hands and speed, makes Myers a luxury if he tries to ask for Too much.
    The kid can play both facets of the game, and hefar from Green.
    this model signs a LIMITED amount of FA talent none of whom will be a bank breaker, and is a good foundation for 2014 and beyond.
    I was thrilled by the concept of getting your 2nd best center prospect and moving Wiz back to be paired with his buddy Jared again.

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast