Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1005

Thread: Draft Thread II

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    17,165
    vCash
    1500

    Draft Thread II

    First Draft Thread

    Carry on.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,991
    vCash
    1500
    Say no to Teo! LOL

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Say no to Teo! LOL
    yeah because we need more potential players. Teo is a football player. A smart, hard working, good player. You rarely get a whole package in a player. Its time we draft a ****ing football player not some speedster or guy with potential to be great. We have shown time after time we cant develop our players. Exception being Nnamdi but it took him 7+ years to be good. Teo or bust. We cant miss on this years draft or Lee will be ours next year even if we dont plan to suck we will just suck.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,776
    vCash
    950
    Star 2013 Clowney 2014

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,176
    vCash
    1500
    we won't take because we have pride. we're not the damn g.s. whore-iors. ever heard of competitive integrity? i'll cease rooting for the raiders if the whole organization tanks for a whole season.

    you have serious issues.

    btw, no te'o.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS




    "We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    we won't take because we have pride. we're not the damn g.s. whore-iors. ever heard of competitive integrity? i'll cease rooting for the raiders if the whole organization tanks for a whole season.

    you have serious issues.

    btw, no te'o.
    English pls. I am saying if we miss on the draft this year we wont have to tank next season because we will still suck. Teo will make everyone around him better. And for Clowney how are we going to take him unless we have a top 5 pick again?Which is very likely considering some of the trash players we have here and coaches cough Knapp cough.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,991
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    yeah because we need more potential players. Teo is a football player. A smart, hard working, good player. You rarely get a whole package in a player. Its time we draft a ****ing football player not some speedster or guy with potential to be great. We have shown time after time we cant develop our players. Exception being Nnamdi but it took him 7+ years to be good. Teo or bust. We cant miss on this years draft or Lee will be ours next year even if we dont plan to suck we will just suck.


    He's a reach at top five.....


    Look up the bust rate for top five LB's...all guys whom fit the Teo mold lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,030
    vCash
    1500
    It's a very good year to go defense.

    I'm still sticking with Star or trade down.

    ....but that's me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,649
    vCash
    1500
    I'd be happy to trade down.....no doubt about it.
    But if we keep the top pick, I think Te'o would be great for the Raiders.
    We need character on this team, and that's what you get with Notre Dame players.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    I'd be happy to trade down.....no doubt about it.
    But if we keep the top pick, I think Te'o would be great for the Raiders.
    We need character on this team, and that's what you get with Notre Dame players.
    Many people talk about "character" as if Manti Te'o is the only player in this draft that has it.

    Plenty of players have "character". Plenty.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,649
    vCash
    1500
    Yes, but how many LB's are projected to go in the top 7 or 8? Also, some guys appear to have character, but then turn into complete a-holes. Or, some are just plain stupid (see Rolando and JaMarcus).

    I think we should round out the LB corps IF we keep our top pick. If we trade it, then go with CB first and maybe DL or OL second

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,180
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, I seem to recall McClain being touted as an emotional leader at Alabama. We see how that turned out.

    Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

    2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    Yes, but how many LB's are projected to go in the top 7 or 8? Also, some guys appear to have character, but then turn into complete a-holes. Or, some are just plain stupid (see Rolando and JaMarcus).

    I think we should round out the LB corps IF we keep our top pick. If we trade it, then go with CB first and maybe DL or OL second
    Usually about one every year.

    Hey I agree he appears to have his head on his shoulders, but I'm not ready to anoint him the next coming of greatness quite yet.

    I disagree about drafting a CB any where near the first 3 rounds, and here's why:

    If we can't stop the run, why draft a CB?
    If we can't defend the short passes, why draft a CB?
    If we can't get pressure on the QB on passing downs, why draft a CB?

    We have to build the lines first.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,176
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    English pls. I am saying if we miss on the draft this year we wont have to tank next season because we will still suck. Teo will make everyone around him better. And for Clowney how are we going to take him unless we have a top 5 pick again?Which is very likely considering some of the trash players we have here and coaches cough Knapp cough.
    sorry, i said it one way and changed it incompletely. i meant 'we won't tank because we have pride.' my original point still stands though. sell-outs want the raiders to tank. them, and donkey fans. which one are you? i have less than 0 respect for tanking supporters.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS




    "We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,649
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    Usually about one every year.

    Hey I agree he appears to have his head on his shoulders, but I'm not ready to anoint him the next coming of greatness quite yet.

    I disagree about drafting a CB any where near the first 3 rounds, and here's why:

    If we can't stop the run, why draft a CB?
    If we can't defend the short passes, why draft a CB?
    If we can't get pressure on the QB on passing downs, why draft a CB?

    We have to build the lines first.
    Those are all good points, which is why I want a middle linebacker ideally.

    But our secondary is soooooooo weak. And corners have to be able to tackle, too. I mean, how many times have I see our corners miss tackles on run plays. Those are the runs that turn out to be the real long ones that kill us.

    At least we have two decent linebackers and some decent linemen. But our dbs are atrocious.............all of them.

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •