Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Pretty reasonable given the pitching market.

vCash
    Good:
    -For Anibal. He pitched very well leading to, and in the playoffs for the Tigers.
    -The Cubs. May have overspent, but now their Rotation looks decent.
    -The Rest of the AL Central, minus the Tigers.

Bad:
    -For the Tigers. Lost a key pitcher.
    -For the NL Central. Cubs might win some games.
    -For the Rangers, or any other team looking for a key pitcher. Options are dwindling.
    Last edited by Johann; 12-13-2012 at 06:00 PM.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Castro, Rizzo, Jackson, and Vitters are only going to get better. The Cubs arent as bad as people think after signing Sanchez and Baker.
    Well Jackson and Vitters can only get better.

But Sanchez anchoring that rotation will help them be more competetive sooner than later.

vCash
    I figured the cubs were waiting until next season to make a signing like this. They do have plenty of money though.

vCash
    JonHeymanCBS: anibal's agent Gene Mato said he's still talking to other teams. #tigers have been involved all winter, like cubs
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    What are the chances this falls apart?!

vCash
    Greinke isn't worth 10 million more a year than Sanchez.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    JonHeymanCBS: anibal's agent Gene Mato said he's still talking to other teams. #tigers have been involved all winter, like cubs
    so not official as of yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    15 million a year is good for Sanchez. Dembster just got 13 million a year at 35 years old. This guy is 28.
    I didn't say the contract was bad on it's own, I just don't understand why the Cubs were the one to give it.

Generally with contracts like these, you're going to see the best performance from the player in the first 45-60% of the contract's term and have to eat the remaining portion of the contract while the player declines. The Cubs were a 61 win team last year, I don't really think they're in position to surpass the Reds and Cardinals anytime soon (or even the Pirates).

vCash
    I actually think this DOES make sense for the Cubs. He's a solid starter and if he can be their #2 guy, they will have him throughout his prime.

So what if they aren't ready to compete next year? It's a 5 year deal - years 3 and 4 hopefully they'd be good enough to contend, and they'd still have him for 3 years at that point. If for some reason Theo can't right the ship and the Cubs keep sucking, he's an asset they can trade later down the road. Only costs them money, as long as he doesn't implode it'll be fine.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Pretty good since most Cubs deals seem to fall apart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Greinke isn't worth 10 million more a year than Sanchez.
    Aren't you the guy who said fans weren't supposed to talk about money or something like that?

vCash
    wow, that seemed to come out of nowhere.
    I guess the Cubs aren't rebuilding.
    they still need more offense in order to compete/contend.

if Scott Baker can come back healthy, he could be a plus in that rotation too.

a Cubs thread, so I guess I can talk Cubs. I recently saw there was talk about the Cubs trading Soriano. yes. the Cubs would eat a lot of salary. one rumour was Soriano to Philadelphia for Dom Brown.

vCash
    A properly mid-rotation deal for a guy who projects best as a solid mid-rotation arm. I like this move since it's a sign that this FO isn't planning on ******** on another season in place of The Right Way.

No to Soriano for Brown. A one for one is very one sided in favor of the Phillies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Castro, Rizzo, Jackson, and Vitters are only going to get better. The Cubs arent as bad as people think after signing Sanchez and Baker.
    Jackson apparently re tooled his swing this off season to cut the k rate I"ll wait to see how it is. Vitters is still young as well and everytime he moved up he played poorly then jumped up offensively iirc. Still a couple of years away

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast