Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    I wanted him. Oh well...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    It's nice to see the Cubs offer 5/75 for him. Hopefully now some of our posters will stop saying our FO is only about $$. I'm not majorly upset about losing him, but he is a decent arm.
    expect the cubs to go after david price next year....they are saving money for the future

vCash
    Good signing for the Tigers...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    expect the cubs to go after david price next year....they are saving money for the future
    I think you're right. A lot of things have to go right for it to happen. I'd have to think Baez will have to make strides, and TB will have to fall in love with a couple other guys as well. I could see a Price and Jennings for Baez, Vogelbach, Ben Wells ++ type deal. Of course Vogel will have to keep destroying the ball, as well as Wells starting to show is promise. But I agree that Price is one of the true wants of this FO.

vCash
    Am I the only one who thinks 16M a year is kind of a lot for a #3 or so pitcher?

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Dirks is a gamer and a scrappy baseball player, definitely earned a starting job. Boesch and Berry are 4th and 5th OF types of guys. Why would you add in another lefty and have 0 right handed OFs on the bench? Hamilton makes 0 sense to the Tigers.
    Because I don't know if Berry is deserving of a roster spot and Boesch is most likely going to be traded. So as of right now, without Hamilton, you have one lefty that is sure to be on the team of those three.

And you're right, Dirks is a gamer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks 16M a year is kind of a lot for a #3 or so pitcher?
    16 x 3 would be ok. He's thrown good innings, but to date at best he's a 3A sort of pitcher.

he's fairly small frame wise so there has to be concern about his longevity.

not much out there this year, so it's not awful, but it's far from great.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    Because I don't know if Berry is deserving of a roster spot and Boesch is most likely going to be traded. So as of right now, without Hamilton, you have one lefty that is sure to be on the team of those three.

And you're right, Dirks is a gamer.
    Also DD has been saying many times they are looking for a right handed OF bat to platoon with Dirks.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    I think you're right. A lot of things have to go right for it to happen. I'd have to think Baez will have to make strides, and TB will have to fall in love with a couple other guys as well. I could see a Price and Jennings for Baez, Vogelbach, Ben Wells ++ type deal. Of course Vogel will have to keep destroying the ball, as well as Wells starting to show is promise. But I agree that Price is one of the true wants of this FO.
    You will likely have to give up some more specs on Baez level if you want both Jennings and Price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You will likely have to give up some more specs on Baez level if you want both Jennings and Price.

If Shields can get the Royals top prospect (who's a top 5 in all of baseball) I can only imagine what they'd get for David Price.
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 12-14-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    As long as it wasnt Texas or Anaheim, im good
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    if you noticed...the cubs trimmed their salaray..in 2010..their roster was worth 146 million..now,they are worth 80 million..i believe that epstein is building a better farm system in order to acquire a superstar...i could picture price and hellickson for baez, vizcaino, soler, and vogelbach...vogelbach needs to cut down a bit....the rays need a 1b prospect...they keep acquiring 1b during the off season from pena, kotchman, and now loney.....don't forget the red sox, yanks, rangers, braves, dodgers will be in the hunt.....i consider the jays a wild card...they have enough talent to acquire price
    Last edited by rockbottom2010; 12-14-2012 at 12:07 PM.

vCash
    I really like Sanchez but 5/80? In this market it's fair I guess

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    Expect the Dodgers to go after David Price next year...They have money for the future.
    *edited

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yea probably. Depends on a lot of things really. Probably way too premature to even talk about.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast