Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 658
  1. #616
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    4,829
    vCash
    1500
    I'll say this. I'm not necessarily upset about losing Sanchez but more so about how twitter has exploded into this center of misinformation and journalists wanting to break a story without having concrete information.

    Losing Sanchez does hurt, but it's not like it was Felix Hernandez. I just wish the media would actually care more about credibility instead of just being the first to break a story.

  2. #617
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,368
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ​​​​ View Post
    Porcello on the block:
    I wish the cubs would trade for Casey Crosby. Hes a local boy and a cubs fan, fits perfectly.

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,830
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    6 years/$147M (2013-18)

    signed by LA Dodgers as a free agent 12/10/12
    $12M signing bonus
    13:$17M, 14:$24M, 15:$23M, 16:$24M, 17:$23M, 18:$24M

    - Nice try. There's the ACTUAL break down.

    That's some ******** website that says

    How is the cheapest year of his contract, in year 1, while years 2-5 are more, considered "front loaded"?

    I'll wait for your response.

    BTW, here's the "author" of that dumbass article. right there

    Awesome source though.
    This whole inane argument revolves around the bonus, which as best I can tell, nobody has figured out.

    Greinke's contract absolutely IS front-loaded if the entire bonus is paid this year. Or, say, over the next three years.

    If the signing bonus trickles out for 20 years a la Bobby Bonilla, then it's a back-loaded deal.

  4. #619
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    68,298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Not really. If the Tigers didn't go 5, Sanchez would be a Cub. They worked out a deal that his client would have accepted and been satisifed with, just another team that up to that point wouldn't budge, finally broke down. If anyone got played, it's Detroit...
    I kind of read it as if Det wasn't spending enough money so he got the cubs involved and he said see they'll give us that give us more money. So both got played

  5. #620
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16,962
    vCash
    1500
    you specifically said there is zero reason to do this. This is one reason why you would do it. Soriano would be so much easier to trade if his salary was 10 million instead of 18 million.
    He would also be much harder to sign.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,974
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsunami View Post
    You almost never front load a contract. It's called the time value of money. It's like Finance 101.
    look up compounding interest and get back to me... you talk to me about finances? haha

  7. #622
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,411
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I'll say this. I'm not necessarily upset about losing Sanchez but more so about how twitter has exploded into this center of misinformation and journalists wanting to break a story without having concrete information.

    Losing Sanchez does hurt, but it's not like it was Felix Hernandez. I just wish the media would actually care more about credibility instead of just being the first to break a story.
    This. I'm sick of these "reports" jumping the gun before actually having a credible source confirm it. Nightingale had nothing credible to state that the cubs had signed Sanchez. It's f*cking bullsh*t

  8. #623
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    33,951
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ​​​​ View Post
    Porcello on the block:
    Would be ironic if the Cubs ended up trading for Porcello after the Tigers sign Anibal.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  9. #624
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    33,951
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    This. I'm sick of these "reports" jumping the gun before actually having a credible source confirm it. Nightingale had nothing credible to state that the cubs had signed Sanchez. It's f*cking bullsh*t
    I actually disagree on this one. Nightengale is one of the good guys.

    If the guys agent comes to you and says "Hey, we're signing with the Cubs for 5/75. Wanted you to be the first to know it." whats he supposed to do? I'm sure his other sources verified that the Cubs were in serious talks.

    His agent is a sleazeball, but I dont blame Nightengale here.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    62,744
    vCash
    1500
    Well.... might as well hope he gets injured so we get the last laugh!

  11. #626
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    978
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    look up compounding interest and get back to me... you talk to me about finances? haha
    1) 20 million dollars today has more buying power than 20 million dollars in 3 years, i.e the effects of inflation. I'd hope we could agree on something that simple.

    2) Ok what about compounding interest? Are you assuming the Cubs issue a 200M contract and throw that entire 200M into some investment pulling out whatever they need on an annual basis to pay the contract?

  12. #627
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    647
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Wasn't the money- Once Detroit went five, it was all over. Heard Dombrowski was overruled by ownership (something that always works out well) and still isn't thrilled he had to go the extra year...
    Isn't that how Soriano got 2 more years?

  13. #628
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Jerry Hairston
    Posts
    52,152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    I actually disagree on this one. Nightengale is one of the good guys.

    If the guys agent comes to you and says "Hey, we're signing with the Cubs for 5/75. Wanted you to be the first to know it." whats he supposed to do? I'm sure his other sources verified that the Cubs were in serious talks.

    His agent is a sleazeball, but I dont blame Nightengale here.
    I've always thought Nightengale was garbage.

  14. #629
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,599
    vCash
    1500
    How many ****ing times is this gonna happen?

  15. #630
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    42,293
    vCash
    500
    Did he really re-sign with Detroit? lulz to the lulz.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •