Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    vCash
    I'll say this. I'm not necessarily upset about losing Sanchez but more so about how twitter has exploded into this center of misinformation and journalists wanting to break a story without having concrete information.

Losing Sanchez does hurt, but it's not like it was Felix Hernandez. I just wish the media would actually care more about credibility instead of just being the first to break a story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ​​​​ View Post
    Porcello on the block:
    I wish the cubs would trade for Casey Crosby. Hes a local boy and a cubs fan, fits perfectly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    6 years/$147M (2013-18)

signed by LA Dodgers as a free agent 12/10/12
    $12M signing bonus
    13:$17M, 14:$24M, 15:$23M, 16:$24M, 17:$23M, 18:$24M

- Nice try. There's the ACTUAL break down.

That's some ******** website that says

How is the cheapest year of his contract, in year 1, while years 2-5 are more, considered "front loaded"?

I'll wait for your response.

BTW, here's the "author" of that dumbass article. right there

Awesome source though.
    This whole inane argument revolves around the bonus, which as best I can tell, nobody has figured out.

Greinke's contract absolutely IS front-loaded if the entire bonus is paid this year. Or, say, over the next three years.

If the signing bonus trickles out for 20 years a la Bobby Bonilla, then it's a back-loaded deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Not really. If the Tigers didn't go 5, Sanchez would be a Cub. They worked out a deal that his client would have accepted and been satisifed with, just another team that up to that point wouldn't budge, finally broke down. If anyone got played, it's Detroit...
    I kind of read it as if Det wasn't spending enough money so he got the cubs involved and he said see they'll give us that give us more money. So both got played

vCash
    you specifically said there is zero reason to do this. This is one reason why you would do it. Soriano would be so much easier to trade if his salary was 10 million instead of 18 million.
    He would also be much harder to sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsunami View Post
    You almost never front load a contract. It's called the time value of money. It's like Finance 101.
    look up compounding interest and get back to me... you talk to me about finances? haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I'll say this. I'm not necessarily upset about losing Sanchez but more so about how twitter has exploded into this center of misinformation and journalists wanting to break a story without having concrete information.

Losing Sanchez does hurt, but it's not like it was Felix Hernandez. I just wish the media would actually care more about credibility instead of just being the first to break a story.
    This. I'm sick of these "reports" jumping the gun before actually having a credible source confirm it. Nightingale had nothing credible to state that the cubs had signed Sanchez. It's f*cking bullsh*t

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ​​​​ View Post
    Porcello on the block:
    Would be ironic if the Cubs ended up trading for Porcello after the Tigers sign Anibal.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    This. I'm sick of these "reports" jumping the gun before actually having a credible source confirm it. Nightingale had nothing credible to state that the cubs had signed Sanchez. It's f*cking bullsh*t
    I actually disagree on this one. Nightengale is one of the good guys.

If the guys agent comes to you and says "Hey, we're signing with the Cubs for 5/75. Wanted you to be the first to know it." whats he supposed to do? I'm sure his other sources verified that the Cubs were in serious talks.

His agent is a sleazeball, but I dont blame Nightengale here.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Well.... might as well hope he gets injured so we get the last laugh!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    look up compounding interest and get back to me... you talk to me about finances? haha
    1) 20 million dollars today has more buying power than 20 million dollars in 3 years, i.e the effects of inflation. I'd hope we could agree on something that simple.

2) Ok what about compounding interest? Are you assuming the Cubs issue a 200M contract and throw that entire 200M into some investment pulling out whatever they need on an annual basis to pay the contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Wasn't the money- Once Detroit went five, it was all over. Heard Dombrowski was overruled by ownership (something that always works out well) and still isn't thrilled he had to go the extra year...
    Isn't that how Soriano got 2 more years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    I actually disagree on this one. Nightengale is one of the good guys.

If the guys agent comes to you and says "Hey, we're signing with the Cubs for 5/75. Wanted you to be the first to know it." whats he supposed to do? I'm sure his other sources verified that the Cubs were in serious talks.

His agent is a sleazeball, but I dont blame Nightengale here.
    I've always thought Nightengale was garbage.

vCash
    How many ****ing times is this gonna happen?

vCash
    Did he really re-sign with Detroit? lulz to the lulz.

OK Nick, you see that over there? That's what used to be of our playoff chances.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to screw you over.

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast