Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rays offseason Thread

We are a top 5 team in the MLB we need to be active!! Post any and all news that has to do with the great TB RAYs. RAYS FANS UNITE!

vCash
    The Padres acquired left-hander Chris Rearick from the Rays in exchange for infielder Vince Belnome, reports MLB.com's Corey Brock (via Twitter).
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/tampa_...o4Du3Rd4btS.99

Minor move. Belnome is a left handed bat who played 2nd base and 1st base at AAA in 2012.

vCash
    I'm curious to see if the Rays sign some cheaper relievers and turn them into gold like the last few seasons. Rodney, Benoit, Peralta, etc.

We traded away Badenhop and Davis, so there are at least two openings. I suspect we'll see more of Brandon Gomes and Cesar Ramos.

vCash
    im interested to see where wil myers will fit into the lineup, i dont think madden believes in him quite yet to put him in the 2 hole but i think his bat is too good to start off in the 7th-8th spot.

vCash
    I think Myers makes it to the big leagues about mid season this year. Maddon says he'll start in the minors, but Maddon has a thing for making players who start in the minors shine come midway point.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    From Rotoworld:

Rays signed RHP Roberto Hernandez to a one-year, $3.25 million contract.
    The deal includes $1.85 million in incentives based on innings pitched and relief appearances. Hernandez -- formerly known as Fausto Carmona -- posted a 7.53 ERA in three starts with the Indians in 2012 and owns a 4.64 ERA over seven seasons in the majors. He'll function as depth for the Rays' starting rotation and bullpen.
    The agent for Kyle Farnsworth says he's "very open" to returning to the Rays.
    Farnsworth missed the first two months of 2012 season due to injury, but posted a 4.00 ERA and 25/14 K/BB ratio over 34 appearances in a setup role behind Fernando Rodney. He's seems likely to be retained by the Rays on a short-term deal, though the 36-year-old has also received interest from the Brewers this offseason.

vCash
    Also from Rotoworld:
    Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune writes that Wil Myers "will most surely" begin next season at Triple-A Durham.
    The Rays want to delay Myers' arbitration clock, and manager Joe Maddon also thinks it's better for young players to break into the majors with a season already in progress. "I've always felt that it should be easier for a young player to make the team season in progress as opposed to out of spring training," Maddon said. "When they make the team out of spring training expectations get raised even higher, and I think if you're really looking for a young man to apply pressure to himself it's then, when he makes it out of camp and Opening Day comes and all the stuff is being written and it's tough." While it looks like Myers will begin the year at Durham, he'll undoubtedly spend most of the season in Tampa.

vCash
    I'm excited to see Myers. While I don't think the Shields deal was as big of a win as some people in the main forum do, it was still a hell of a lot of value. Ibdont think we can accurately assess the deal until we see some major league impact from the pieces the Rays received.

I look at the Garza trade and see the same thing; a trade that was immediately a big win, and until Archer and Lee showcase their ability on the major league level, the jury is still out. Being a Cubs fan made it a win/win though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    I'm excited to see Myers. While I don't think the Shields deal was as big of a win as some people in the main forum do, it was still a hell of a lot of value. Ibdont think we can accurately assess the deal until we see some major league impact from the pieces the Rays received.

I look at the Garza trade and see the same thing; a trade that was immediately a big win, and until Archer and Lee showcase their ability on the major league level, the jury is still out. Being a Cubs fan made it a win/win though.
    I really think it was the piece the rays needed. He is going to be the perfect guy to protect Longoria in the Line-up
    Future Ace

vCash
    Rays have been looking good so far in spring training. Ryan Roberts and Escobar have really been showing off. I'm excited about Escobar, think he may be the best FA signing.

D Jennings already has 5 SB in 11 AB's. Thats nuts. Looks like he hasn't missed a step.

I'm excited we signed Jason Bourgeois, dude is a speed demon. We could use a great speed pinch runner.

vCash
    Myers, archer, beckham should all see the line-up before the year is over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    Rays have been looking good so far in spring training. Ryan Roberts and Escobar have really been showing off. I'm excited about Escobar, think he may be the best FA signing.

D Jennings already has 5 SB in 11 AB's. Thats nuts. Looks like he hasn't missed a step.

I'm excited we signed Jason Bourgeois, dude is a speed demon. We could use a great speed pinch runner.
    Yeah Escobar has been a great signing.

And if Jennings stays healthy

Future Ace

vCash
    CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Angels, Pirates, Rays and Phillies are interested in Ramon Hernandez.
    The Rockies would surely love to get out from under Hernandez's $3.2 million salary since they have other options to back up Wilin Rosario in Yorvit Torrealba and Jordan Pacheco. The Rays and Phillies would probably be the best spots for Hernandez in terms of potential playing time, as Tampa is slated to use Jose Molina as its regular catcher and Philly could use him as a fill-in while Carlos Ruiz serves his suspension.
    Thoughts on adding Hernandez?

vCash
    Hernandez is a lot better then Molina IMO. Id do it.

vCash
    Geez, this board is dead. You-guys signed reliever Grant Balfour for a cheap amount and nobody's talking about it here.

Despite being a jerk on the mound, I wanted Grant on the Tigers next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast