Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hamilton to Angels/ who has the best line-up in baseball?

Who do you guys think have the best line-up in baseball. Personally i think top 3 are Tigers, Angels, and Dodgers.

Tigers
    Austin Jackson
    Torii Hunter
    Miguel Cabrera
    Prince Felder
    Victor Martinez
    Andy Dirks
    Jhonny Peralta
    Alex Avila
    Omar Infante

Angels
    Mike Trout
    Erick Aybar
    Albert Pujols
    Josh Hamilton
    Kendrys Morales
    Mark Trumbo
    Howie Kendrick
    Alberto Callaspo
    Chris Ianetta

Dodgers
    Carl Crawford
    Andre Ethier
    Matt Kemp
    Adrian Gonzalez
    Hanley Ramirez
    Mark Ellis
    Luis Cruz
    A.J. Ellis
    Jerry Hairston

yes I added Hairston as a DH for Dodgers to make it a little fair. But who do y'all think has the best line-up one of these three or somebody else?
    Last edited by rellime; 12-13-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Isaiah 40:30-31

vCash
    Depends on if you're asking which will be better or which has the potential to be better.

I still want to see Jackson hitting 2nd, Hunter 5th, and VMart 6th, it's not that AJax isn't a good leadoff hitter, but I think with his power it would be better if he moved down.

vCash
    This should go on the MLB forum. Be funny to see what people say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    This should go on the MLB forum. Be funny to see what people say.
    It wouldn't be funny. The level of hyperbole in such a thread because of the Hamilton signing being so recent would just be suicide level stupidity.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    As of right now I think its the Angels but on opening day I believe the tigers will have it. What the tigers have right now will not be the same as what they will have in a couple months. I expect Peralta to be swapped out for a much better hitting and defending SS. I saw one trade that I believe now will happen because of the Josh Hamilton signing. It was a three way with Arizona, Texas, and Detroit. Texas will now heavily pursue Upton but don't have the prospects to get him by themselves. Detroit needs a SS and Elvis Andrus is expendable for them. Arizona is also interested in Peralta and Detroit has the prospects in the outfield to cover for Upton. The trade would be:

Texas gets: Justin Upton
    Detroit gets: Elvis Andrus and pitching prospect from Arizona
    Arizona gets: Peralta, Garcia or Castellanos, Porcello, another pitching prospect from detroit, and a pitchinig prospect from texas.

That makes our lineup:
    1. Jackson CF
    2. Andrus SS
    3. Cabrera 3B
    4. Fielder 1B
    5. Martinez DH
    6. Hunter RF
    7. Dirks LF
    8. Avila C
    9. Infante 2B

That for me would be the best lineup in baseball. But with Peralta in there and Hunter forced to bat second we are second to the Angels.

vCash
    If Avila and Peralta's bats are similar to the 2010 season and not the 2011 season I'd say the Tigers do.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    As of right now I think its the Angels but on opening day I believe the tigers will have it. What the tigers have right now will not be the same as what they will have in a couple months. I expect Peralta to be swapped out for a much better hitting and defending SS. I saw one trade that I believe now will happen because of the Josh Hamilton signing. It was a three way with Arizona, Texas, and Detroit. Texas will now heavily pursue Upton but don't have the prospects to get him by themselves. Detroit needs a SS and Elvis Andrus is expendable for them. Arizona is also interested in Peralta and Detroit has the prospects in the outfield to cover for Upton. The trade would be:

Texas gets: Justin Upton
    Detroit gets: Elvis Andrus and pitching prospect from Arizona
    Arizona gets: Peralta, Garcia or Castellanos, Porcello, another pitching prospect from detroit, and a pitchinig prospect from texas.

That makes our lineup:
    1. Jackson CF
    2. Andrus SS
    3. Cabrera 3B
    4. Fielder 1B
    5. Martinez DH
    6. Hunter RF
    7. Dirks LF
    8. Avila C
    9. Infante 2B

That for me would be the best lineup in baseball. But with Peralta in there and Hunter forced to bat second we are second to the Angels.
    There's a slight chance it could happen, but I think Arizonamade their big deal already and I'm not sure if they are interested in Peralta anymore.

vCash
    It's too early to tell. I really like the Rays lineup with a healthy Longo and the addition of Myers and the loss of Upton. Yankees will still mash, the Rangers will still be good when they get Profar in there, the Dodgers are going to be very deep, and the Phillies could be dangerous if they can stay healthy. Can't sleep on the Nationals or Braves also.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Our lineup is not the best in the league, HELL no.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    Calvin Johnson is the worse decoy to ever put on football pads they should have drafted a big play reciever years ago. Golden Tate is a good side piece but I wouldnt have him as my full time number 1 WR.

vCash
    Our rotation might be though. With stellar pitching and good offense, this team should pick up where we left off.

vCash
    I think we have the best rotation but with our defense it doesn't look like we do on paper.

vCash
    true, but I'll take sanchez and his 45% ground ball ratio and kick porcello out of the rotation along with his 52%. I agree with you but it could be a lot worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    If Avila and Peralta's bats are similar to the 2010 season and not the 2011 season I'd say the Tigers do.
    You can't say that. Because you could say the same about Hamilton and Albert . Or anybody else. It can't be just the Tigers bats.
    I think I want to see one more year of Jackson. Peralta gave us last year what will be a norm for him. Peaks an valleys.Avila cam crashing back to earth. Could be another season like last.
    I think the Angels and Tigers are too close to call. With the Dodgers not far behind.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Yeah I think we saw the true Jhonny last year. I almost expect Avila to kick it up a tad this year

vCash
    So you guys believe the real jhonny peralta is worse than his career averages and will once again have one of the worse batting averages on balls in play?
    Isaiah 40:30-31

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast