Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,261
    vCash
    1500

    Do you think Mark Cuban would have let this happen

    Rangers lose Lee, Lewis and Hamilton in consecutive offseasons. I dont know how many of you pay attention to how good Cuban has been as an owner but he almost never loses and when he does he still wins and money is never the issue with him if its about a star player. Doesnt appear as Nolan has much of a bank roll either. Do you think Rangers fans are regretting Cuban didn't win the bid?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,717
    vCash
    1500
    No.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,254
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Rangers lose Lee, Lewis and Hamilton in consecutive offseasons. I dont know how many of you pay attention to how good Cuban has been as an owner but he almost never loses and when he does he still wins and money is never the issue with him if its about a star player. Doesnt appear as Nolan has much of a bank roll either. Do you think Rangers fans are regretting Cuban didn't win the bid?
    Didn't he lose out on D Will? He only has 1 championship.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    1500
    Cuban lost Tyson Chandler.

    He lost out on D Will.
    He lost out on Dwight Howard.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Not a clue
    Posts
    1,584
    vCash
    1500
    lol Cuban lost so hard this past offseason

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    22,619
    vCash
    1500
    The NBA is a different league. You can't just offer people more money. No way Cuban would have let them lose all those players. That's not to say he would be a better owner than the current group though. We'll have to see how those contracts play out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,288
    vCash
    1000
    No. But this isn't going to kill the Rangers like people are acting.

    The Rangers are run very well and have a nice system, that they continuously add more pieces to. Hamilton is going to age and is eating a lot of payroll. Unless the Rangers were going to raise payroll to the mid 150's, Hamilton would only be hurting them, not helping them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23,754
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    No. But this isn't going to kill the Rangers like people are acting.

    The Rangers are run very well and have a nice system, that they continuously add more pieces to. Hamilton is going to age and is eating a lot of payroll. Unless the Rangers were going to raise payroll to the mid 150's, Hamilton would only be hurting them, not helping them.
    mostly ranger fans

    would cuban have let it happen? no.but that doesnt mean he'd have put together a better team.rangers have done very well in recent years,why not show some trust that they might know what they're doing.signing hamilton to that contract probably wont be the smartest thing 3 years from now,and its not like its impossible make up that hr production in that ball park

    reminds me of last offseason with your cards after losing albert...and guess what,it didnt kill them
    Last edited by abe_froman; 12-13-2012 at 04:33 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,288
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    mostly ranger fans

    would cuban have let it happen? no.but that doesnt mean he'd have put together a better team.rangers have done very well in recent years,why not show some trust that they might know what they're doing.signing hamilton to that contract probably wont be the smartest thing 2-3 years from now,and its not like its impossible make up that hr production in that ball park

    reminds me off last offseason with your cards after losing albert...and guess what,it didnt kill them
    Yup

    People kind of over-react when you lose a star player in the MLB. But it doesn't mean it's going to necessarily hurt the team. Hell it keeps happening to the Rays, and they improve the damn team.

    Rangers will be fine, especially considering Daniels is their GM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,261
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper:24714789
    Cuban lost Tyson Chandler.

    He lost out on D Will.
    He lost out on Dwight Howard.
    He lost out on Tyson on purpose because the salary cap and Dwight and Chris Paul are still very much in play

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,254
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    He lost out on Tyson on purpose because the salary cap and Dwight and Chris Paul are still very much in play
    Not really

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    He lost out on Tyson on purpose because the salary cap
    no.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,261
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    no.
    Yes. He always had a bigger picture in mind thats why he broke up his 2011 champs. He had a plan for Deron/Dwight to both come play with Dirk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,864
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    no.
    Yes he did.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    3,104
    vCash
    1500
    I have a hunch Bora$ will make quite a hard push to get Bourn into a Rangers' uniform now. The Rangers have some money to spend and have a need for an outfielder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •