Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajecco View Post
    Correct and I agree with letting him walk. I just think that a platoon that includes 80-100 games of Polanco at 3B is better for this team than 150+ games of Young at 3B.
    That is one of the more insane comments in this thread full of insane comments.

Polly. Can't. Play.

Period. End of story.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    That is one of the more insane comments in this thread full of insane comments.

Polly. Can't. Play.

Period. End of story.
    Yet he was a better hitter and faaaaar superior fielder that Michael Young last season. They both stink, but at least one of them can field.

vCash
    And as Ender is pointing out, at least one of them can play.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Thanks.

It's not possible for anyone to be better than anyone at anything when only one person is able to do that thing.
    [

vCash
    Yet he was a better hitter and faaaaar superior fielder that Michael Young last season. They both stink, but at least one of them can field.
    Wait What?

vCash
    Yea, that wasn't quite true. Young was 23% worse than league average while Polanco was 29% worse. Different degrees of godawful.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    At least one of them enjoys the capacity to perhaps have a bounce back season. The other would have it bounce back, crack their elbow, and miss 6 weeks.
    [

vCash
    besides, if he isn't playing, maybe polly can work on deflating that huge noggin of his somehow

loved polly, time to call it a career methinks

vCash
    Hey, if he's still getting $3 mil offers, then play on.

vCash
    I agree, I just hope that it isn't in philly...we have enough geriatric issues

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Yea, that wasn't quite true. Young was 23% worse than league average while Polanco was 29% worse. Different degrees of godawful.
    True, but who had a more terrible offensive year is debatable. Despite having far less AB's than Young, Polly had a oWAR of 0 while Young was a more pitiful -1 (Baseball Reference).

Polanco was a better player according to Fangraphs (and anywhere else you choose to look) with a WAR of .6, Young? -1.4

They are both terrible and it's probably not worth arguing over. I just hope Young get's it together and hit's the ball well to make up for his God awful defense. He's a statue at 3B so everything not hit right at him is a hit. He is most likely the worst fielding full time 3B in MLB. At the other corner we have on of the 2 worst fielding 1B in MLB. Bad combination.

vCash
    True, but who had a more terrible offensive year is debatable. Despite having far less AB's than Young, Polly had a oWAR of 0 while Young was a more pitiful -1 (Baseball Reference).

Polanco was a better player according to Fangraphs (and anywhere else you choose to look) with a WAR of .6, Young? -1.4

They are both terrible and it's probably not worth arguing over. I just hope Young get's it together and hit's the ball well to make up for his God awful defense. He's a statue at 3B so everything not hit right at him is a hit. He is most likely the worst fielding full time 3B in MLB. At the other corner we have on of the 2 worst fielding 1B in MLB. Bad combination.
    Lets's not forget though, we can get a lead and pull Young for a defensive replacement in the late innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Lets's not forget though, we can get a lead and pull Young for a defensive replacement in the late innings.
    True. Is Kim Batiste available?

vCash
    Guy that gets on the field is better and more valuable than the guy that doesn't. So of course it's worth arguing.
    [

vCash
    The point worth arguing is why they would bother to roster either guy when Frandsen and Galvis are both near locks to outperform both of them. Polly needs to relearn health, while with Young the Phillies are hoping he shakes off an obvious decline like he did in 2011.

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast