Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by axstone26 View Post
    It's interesting, the PED use is from 2009-2012 (not necessarily for Gio but thats the time for the records). However, Gio went from a below average starter to an above average starter in 2009, coincidence? So even after his suspension maybe he falls back to that 5.70 ERA
    Balco was down the block, and he didn't do too well in OAK. I think Gio improved his accuracy more so than his velocity, but you never know...He was exceptionally bad in AAA-Sacramento, so last year was abig surprise for me.

vCash
    He won't get a day suspension
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Compared to the other guys named, it doesn't sound like there is enough evidence linking Gio to actually using PEDs to get him suspended. Much more circumstantial.

The report also links Washington Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez to Bosch, though the five mentions of him in the records are less specific. While they include a $1,000 charge, Gonzalez's father, Max, said he was the one working with Bosch to lose weight.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alex-ro...143803741.html

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Look into that more. None of the substances tied to him are banned.
    I can't find a list of any substances tied to him other than what ESPN has said about him being linked to the PED clinic. What a buzz kill.

vCash
    They're listed somewhere. I got them from a twitter link originally so search there.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Ha. Joe Table...

Guy had a vendetta against Omar Vizquel on his way out. If I can remember correctly, I think he tried to plunk Omar Vizquel in his last year with us. And was successful, what a prick!
    He threw at him many times and never even denied it. If I recall he said he would keep doing it every time he faced him and he wanted to kill him. Vizquel wrote in his book that Mesa looked scared when he took the ball in Game 7 of the World Series vs. The Marlins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=2458797

vCash
    http://www.the700level.com/baseball-philadelphia-phillies/news/Whats-With-All-the-Negativity-over-the-P?blockID=828123&feedID=8510
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    http://www.the700level.com/baseball-philadelphia-phillies/news/Whats-With-All-the-Negativity-over-the-P?blockID=828123&feedID=8510
    I agree with a lot in that article, but he defends the Young acquisitions entirely on what they might do offensively. He calls Michael Young an upgrade over Polanco at third without even acknowledging that a gimpy Polanco is leaps and bounds better with the glove than Young. He talks about Delmon Young as a guy who, if he beats out Brown, is poised for a .290, 100 rbi season. What he ignores is that the OBP will be .295, and that anyone--and I mean anyone--would be a better option in the field.

There is some merit to the argument that with a healthy core, this team can compete for at least one more year, but the author believes that the team has unequivocally improved this offseason. I agree that the bullpen should be better, but the major concern about this team is justified.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    I agree with a lot in that article, but he defends the Young acquisitions entirely on what they might do offensively. He calls Michael Young an upgrade over Polanco at third without even acknowledging that a gimpy Polanco is leaps and bounds better with the glove than Young. He talks about Delmon Young as a guy who, if he beats out Brown, is poised for a .290, 100 rbi season. What he ignores is that the OBP will be .295, and that anyone--and I mean anyone--would be a better option in the field.

There is some merit to the argument that with a healthy core, this team can compete for at least one more year, but the author believes that the team has unequivocally improved this offseason. I agree that the bullpen should be better, but the major concern about this team is justified.
    Polanco, as much as I hated his bat at 3B, is a far better option than Young. He signed for less than $3 mil with Miami and he probably wanted to go there, but I can't help but wonder why he isn't back with Philly for that price. That's a legit, elite fielding 3B/2B who has a career OBP only 3 points lower than M. Young. How Amaro doesn't make that happen is beyond my understanding. If you are going to surround your great pitching staff with players that can't hit you best make sure they can field well.

vCash
    Fun fact about Delmon Young: he had less walks in 400 more PA than Dom Brown

vCash
    Nobody cares about walks, it's all about production you dummy

vCash
    Polly's been barely active and never health over the past 2 years. That's why he wasn't re-signed.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    I don't know if Ruckus is being sarcastic or not, but the focus on walks is overwrought. They are an important component of an ideal, elite hitter, but they aren't a be all end all. The lack of walks aren't why Delmon Young isn't a good hitter, it's because he has a terrible plate approach and/or struggles with pitch identification. The lack of walks is a symptom, not the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    He threw at him many times and never even denied it. If I recall he said he would keep doing it every time he faced him and he wanted to kill him. Vizquel wrote in his book that Mesa looked scared when he took the ball in Game 7 of the World Series vs. The Marlins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=2458797
    What an idiot

I just looked it up, Mesa did plunk Vizquel several times that year. He connected with a head shot.
    Terrible!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Polly's been barely active and never health over the past 2 years. That's why he wasn't re-signed.
    Correct and I agree with letting him walk. I just think that a platoon that includes 80-100 games of Polanco at 3B is better for this team than 150+ games of Young at 3B.

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast