Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That was implied.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Why would the Phils want Ryan Theriot? There isn't room for him, Fradsen and Galvis (who is a much better fielder). He's nothing more than some has been... nothing, just another useless guy, don't even know why we kick the tires on these retreads.

vCash
    Galvis coming off a broken, what was it... oh yeah, BACK! Maybe a little extra insurance isn't a bad idea.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Exactly. Retreads = depth and depth = good, therefore it's good to hire retreads. It's bad to actually play the retreads, but that's a separate issue.

Frandsen is hardly a guarantee to be rosterable in addition to any question marks around Galvis.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I agree with the retreads equal depth, I'm a fan if he's signed to a minor league contract. I just don't want a commitment that he'll be on the big league roster. If it's just a spring training invite type of deal than I'm fine with it as a depth move.

I know Galvis has question marks with his bat, but are there any question marks with his glove? I'm fine with Galvis replacing Rollins in a year or two. Not that I'm ready to get rid of Rollins, with all his faults, he's still one of the top 3 shortstops in the league. It's much easier to fill offense in other positions than it is to find a gold glove caliber shortstop.

vCash
    $1.4million for bastardo? Guess its not bad but I think I would've went to arb or let him walk

vCash
    It's a good deal

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    I saw an article on philly.com the other day that suggested they'd probably meet at about $1 million, so based on that it is high.

I absolutely would not have let him walk, though. He showed enough in 2011 that $1.4 mil isn't crazy. Frankly, he'd have probably gotten at least that much in arbitration, which seems like it's become a player-friendly procedure.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    $1.4 million is fine for Bastardo, seeing as how he's probably our second-best reliever in terms of talent. Jury's still out on Adams for me.

vCash
    Control is what hurt tony last year. Actually that was the whole pen. They can't be as bad this year IMO.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Control is what hurt tony last year. Actually that was the whole pen. They can't be as bad this year IMO.
    His BB rate was 4.03 in 2011 and 4.5 last year. Worse, yes, but not a huge spike. The difference was a 130-point jump in BABIP. His homer rate was up as well. It's reasonable to expect a little positive regression for him, and not crazy to think he'll have an elite season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Exactly. Retreads = depth and depth = good, therefore it's good to hire retreads. It's bad to actually play the retreads, but that's a separate issue.

Frandsen is hardly a guarantee to be rosterable in addition to any question marks around Galvis.
    Saw someone on twitter say they could see Frandsen being the 3B in 2014. Then he said Asche will take over because he's a "phenom"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Saw someone on twitter say they could see Frandsen being the 3B in 2014. Then he said Asche will take over because he's a "phenom"
    Haha gotta love a good joke

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    Control leads to higher babip as well as hr rate too.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    http://sportsgalorenews.wordpress.co...inners-losers/

An article I wrote on the Marlins/Blue Jays trade

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast