Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    I'm a Rangers fan but my loyalty goes to the Houston Astros. I just have a lot of friends who are Rangers fans and I know how much they loved Ham Bone in Arlington. I've been to that stadium once, Minute Maid Park is my home
    My bad. To answer the question though, I'm perfectly fine with stars leaving their teams through FA. (or requesting a trade, if they've earned it) I would much rather see my favorite players get a chance at winning it all before their careers end, then have their twilights wasted on a team that can't compete, even if that team is my own.

I understand that isn't really the case here but that doesn't change how I feel. I can't say I feel bad for Rangers fans either cause their team is still amazing with a fantastic farm and an ownership that is clearly committed to winning.

vCash
    the thing is the rangers organization didn't seem like they wanted him long term, so he went somewhere that did. What's wrong with that.

vCash
    I like seeing player movement, to be honest. It leaves open a window of optimism for some teams to improve. Of course it's nice to see some players stay with one organization their entire career (hoping it happens with Lawrie for example) but it doesn't really bother me to see players like Hamilton accept a contract from a rival when it likely far exceeded what anyone else was offering. I'd do the same if I were him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    My bad. To answer the question though, I'm perfectly fine with stars leaving their teams through FA. (or requesting a trade, if they've earned it) I would much rather see my favorite players get a chance at winning it all before their careers end, then have their twilights wasted on a team that can't compete, even if that team is my own.

I understand that isn't really the case here but that doesn't change how I feel. I can't say I feel bad for Rangers fans either cause their team is still amazing with a fantastic farm and an ownership that is clearly committed to winning.
    Whoever that is whose in your gif is taking that arm bar like a champ man lol. Can't stop looking at it.

vCash
    as a question, is Micheal Young unloyal because he let himself be traded? this is a guy who has been with this organization since 1997.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    as a question, is Micheal Young unloyal because he let himself be traded? this is a guy who has been with this organization since 1997.
    He doesn't get to play, I think it was a "Do you want to stay and sit or would you prefer to start for a contender" type thing.

vCash
    David Wright ftw

vCash
    Hamilton prob saw what happened with his boy Young and returned the favor

vCash
    Teams trade away their stars all the time without batting an eye. And hey, these billionaires have every chance to offer these guys the money that other teams give them. This contract is Hams only monster he will get, it sets up his family for life.

The Rngers in my opinion didn't show him near enough respect and certainly didn't make him feel like the star priority that warrants loyalty.

vCash
    The player doesn't owe the team anything

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    This is why they should of hoped Cuban bought the team. He would of never let Lee, Lewis and Hamilton all get away.

vCash
    All about money
    Future Ace

vCash
    I am all for player loyalty, but I really have trouble not feeling that Hamilton was completely in the right here. Everything I have read suggests that they made it clear that they wanted a right to match any offer Hamilton got but didn't step up to the plate with a comparable deal. They seemed to be telling him to try to do better -- so he did. Throw in the trade of a good friend in Young (who, as Ciaban said, had been loyal to the team for years), the fact that they openly drooled over Upton, the failure to make any moves this offseason to improve the team, the offers with a below-market term, the fans booing him last season, etc. and it is pretty hard to not see why Hamilton wanted out.

vCash
    we're talking about 10s of millions here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dballss View Post
    we're talking about 10s of millions here
    Agreed and a division rival.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast