Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    Would absolutely not take that. Bourjos would essentially be the centerpiece of the deal and he profiles as a 4th OF at best, not the main piece in a package for the reigning NL Cy Young winner. I'm not sold on Richards, and Lindsey is a nice complimentary piece.

Would much rather Olt + than that.
    This. Except according to MetsBlog, Sandy doesn't like Olt and doesn't think his game could transition to the CitiField ballpark.

http://metsblog.com/rumors/ra-dickey...on-the-angels/
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Would absolutely not take that. Bourjos would essentially be the centerpiece of the deal and he profiles as a 4th OF at best, not the main piece in a package for the reigning NL Cy Young winner. I'm not sold on Richards, and Lindsey is a nice complimentary piece.

How is Bourjos a 4th OF at best? He was a very good CF in 2011.

Richards is a power arm that could use a change of scenery and opportunity, and Lindsey is a guy who could be our future 2B.

vCash
    Bourjos is not close to what we would need for Dickey. Trumbo and we can talk./...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Sign Michael Bourn, Scott Hairston, Kelly Shoppach (or another powerful righty catcher), and bullpen help. Trade Niese, Valdespin, mid level prospects for Justin Upton.

Bourn
    Tejada
    Wright
    Davis
    Upton
    Duda/Hairston
    Murphy
    Thole/Shoppach (or whatever catcher we sign)

Dickey
    Johan
    Harvey
    Gee
    Mejia

That's a playoff team and these moves aren't that far fetched.

vCash

Actually, Bourjos, Richards and Lindsey isn't all that far from the deal I think is best for the Mets. Switch Kole Calhoun for Lindsey and you have a very acceptable package. Bourjos isn't the centerpiece in either deal, he's an add in.

I'm not sold on the long term value of either Bourjos or Olt (or Gose, for those who are still looking for a deal with Toronto) so we would need other key players from each team to make a deal work. With the Halos, it's Calhoun that I really want. The guy is major league ready, plays all 3 outfield positions, and has some speed and pop. His offensive numbers may be somewhat inflated by playing in high altitude towns, but he can still flat out hit. So the deal I'd be looking for from the Angels would be:

Calhoun, Bourjos (but I'd accept Travis Witherspoon instead) and either Nick Maronde or Garrett Richards. If I had to add a prospect or two the get that deal, I'd do it.

Similarly, from Texas, Leonys Martin is the essential part of the deal for me. I am concerned that, having lost Hamilton they may not want to part with Martin, but I don't think I'd do a deal with them without him. I'd certainly take Martin and Olt, but I wouldn't be disappointed if they refused to give up Olt, Since I'd just as soon get a package of Martin, Luis Sardinas and one of either Martin Perez, Cody Buckel or Wilmer Font. (That is, if Font still projects as a starter.)
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash

What the Hamilton could mean to the Mets

Trumbo, Cogner, Bourjos
    Dickey, Duda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    Trumbo, Cogner, Bourjos
    Dickey, Duda
    I'd like Trumbo, but they're not going to give him up, so you need to move on.
    Conger just isn't that good. We'll need to find our catcher elsewhere in the trade market.
    Better retool your package.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    I think we should trade for both Trumbo and Bourjos. Angels need pitching so I am thinking Dickey and Santana, with the Mets obviously paying a huge chunk of Johan's remaining salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    Bourjos is not close to what we would need for Dickey. Trumbo and we can talk./...
    Give Bourjos 500 AB's and you will see what this kid can do. I am excited about his defense and speed at the top of the lineup plus he's under control for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I think we should trade for both Trumbo and Bourjos. Angels need pitching so I am thinking Dickey and Santana, with the Mets obviously paying a huge chunk of Johan's remaining salary.
    I hate to say it, but this would be perfect for both sides. We can get two cost controlled outfielders, while we get to see what Mejia and Familia can do in the rotation for 3+ months(basically both of them play until Wheeler forces one of them out, or they both play assuming Niese; Gee, or Harvey get injured). If the Mets have no interest in re-signing Dickey, then I do this in a heartbeat.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Give Bourjos 500 AB's and you will see what this kid can do. I am excited about his defense and speed at the top of the lineup plus he's under control for a while.

They did already. He was meh......

Our offense stinks. If we had offense in the corner outfield, then it would make sense to get Bourjos, but he's not the player we need, and if he is the piece for Dickey then we lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    They did already. He was meh......

Our offense stinks. If we had offense in the corner outfield, then it would make sense to get Bourjos, but he's not the player we need, and if he is the piece for Dickey then we lose.
    His OPS+ was 116, better than meh.

Our defense and speed stinks too. At least we fill in two of those holes.

We can get Bourjos now, then sign a guy like Corey Hart next off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    I hate to say it, but this would be perfect for both sides. We can get two cost controlled outfielders, while we get to see what Mejia and Familia can do in the rotation for 3+ months(basically both of them play until Wheeler forces one of them out, or they both play assuming Niese; Gee, or Harvey get injured). If the Mets have no interest in re-signing Dickey, then I do this in a heartbeat.
    I'm not a fan of this trade at all. Tumbo is good, but he is really not too different than Ike Davis (30 HR, .250 avg, high strikeouts). It's like.....meh.

But if you're going to send Dickey and Johan (w/ salary paid), I want Mike Trout here!!!! I know it sounds crazy, and I can imagine the laughter from all of you, but we're giving the Angels two aces and they're in "win-now" mode.

If Johan is healthy, he is an ace. Look at how he pitched before July. Heck, both Dicky and Johan were carrying this team the first half. We actually had a winning overall record in June having the worst bullpen in baseball and a mediocre offense. Guess why we won games??????........it was because we had two aces on top of their games carrying us. That is valuable. We're potentially giving that to the Angels. We're giving the Angels two aces that had this 4th place Met team thinking playoffs back in June.

If the Angels had Johan and Dickey, along with Weaver, they wouldn't have to start Joe "overrated time infinity" Blanton. They could have him in the bullpen. Think Tommy Hanson and C.J. Wilson switch between 4 and 5 (yikes). With this potential situation in mind, I say if we hand them Dickey and Johan (w/ salary paid), I want Mike Trout. Please begin to yell at me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    His OPS+ was 116, better than meh.

Our defense and speed stinks too. At least we fill in two of those holes.

We can get Bourjos now, then sign a guy like Corey Hart next off-season.
    .............4th place.

vCash
    LOL Mike Trout??? He's literally untouchable. I think you are dreaming, time to go back to sleep.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast