Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Wait.. what?
    You're confused too? I thought I was drunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Didn't they just get a SS from Cleveland?
    I haven't really been keeping up with other MLB transactions so they might have. I just know they have wanted a SS and pitching for Upton.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Rangers/Mets/D-Backs 3 team trade. With Upton going to the Rangers, Dickey to the Angels and the Mets getting Olt, Sardinas and Bourjos, sign me up.
    Sounds like a great trade for the Angels, but a terrible trade for the D-Backs.

vCash
    Angels say they won't trade Trumbo (I wouldn't either). D'Backs have said they've already acquired the pieces they needed so now they will hold on to Upton. I think this leaves the Rangers having to trade for Dickey and spending on a FA like Bourn.

vCash
    For the record, Bourne would be pretty nasty in Texas.

vCash
    If we can not get Trumbo then for get the Angels. Hopefully the Rangers will throw in another major league ready prospect to maybe get a deal done. Unless Toronto or another team jobs into the mix for Dickey. Either way I think we have tot trade Dickey to get some outfield help. Unless teams start showing interest in Niese, But I rather trade Dickey anyway then Niese.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    For the record, Bourne would be pretty nasty in Texas.
    He'd be good in the short term, but his whole game is his speed, and those dog days in the Texas heat could age him quick.

vCash
    I doubt there is anyway the Rangers give up Olt and Martin now. They have a major hole in the outfield. Murphy isn't an everyday player.

Personally I don't have much interest in Bourjos. He is to similar to MDD and I think their production would be similar.

Angels prospects that do interest me however are

Kaleb Cowart - Plays third but has more then enough speed to play outfield.

Randal Grichuk - Corner outfield prospect could be a 20-20 .270 guy.

Travis Witherspoon - Plus tools but needs his hitting to develop more.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    He'd be good in the short term, but his whole game is his speed, and those dog days in the Texas heat could age him quick.
    Since you've been a fan since 1963 maybe you remember Otis Nixon. Didn't he steal like 50 bags in that Texas heat at the age of 73? Maybe he just looked 73.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    Since you've been a fan since 1963 maybe you remember Otis Nixon. Didn't he steal like 50 bags in that Texas heat at the age of 73? Maybe he just looked 73.
    That was for 1 year. I said Bourne would be good short term, 5 years like he wants would be a bad idea.

vCash
    It either means we hold onto Dickey or we get a monster deal from Texas who get desperate

vCash
    I'd do a Trumbo and Calhoun or Randal Grichuk so if it is Trumbo and calhoun for Dickey and say Majia Trumbo and Randal Grichuk i'd send Dickey and Mazzoni

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oshman800 View Post
    Yes. I don't know if I'm allowed to post this but whatever lol.

For the second straight year, the Los Angeles Angels have swooped in to land the biggest free agent out there, signing Josh Hamilton to a five-year deal worth $125 million.

The Angels got incredible production from Torii Hunter last year, so Hamilton will fill the void Hunter left when he signed with the Detroit Tigers a few weeks ago. However, signing Hamilton creates the same problem the Angels had last year: too many outfielders.

As I see it, the Angels have three options for handling this logjam.

1. Trade for R.A. Dickey

The New York Mets have to be thrilled about Hamilton's signing with the Angels. They've been shopping Dickey all winter, and the Texas Rangers have been the main suitor. Now the Rangers might feel more desperate to get Dickey after losing Hamilton, which gives the Mets more leverage.

What also helps the Mets is that the Angels' surplus of oufielders might put them in the mix for Dickey because the Mets need outfield help desperately. A package of speedy center fielder Peter Bourjos and right-hander Garrett Richards might be enough to get the Dickey conversation started. The Halos could go so far as to throw in catcher Hank Conger (another Mets need) to get the deal done, though the Mets would probably need to include a second player in such a scenario. The Angels have a weak farm system and are clearly in win-now mode, so they might as well try to put themselves over the top. Also, they lost both Ervin Santana and Dan Haren this winter, so they need some pitching depth. Dickey would make them the clear favorite in the AL West.

Having the Angels in the mix for Dickey could help the Mets in forcing the Rangers to increase their offer, going so far as to part with lefty Martin Perez and infielder Mike Olt for the knuckleballer.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 12-13-2012 at 06:24 PM.

vCash
    Keith Law thinks that we can get a package of Bourjos, Conger, and a prospect like Taylor Lindsey in a deal for Dickey. Honestly, I would sign up for that package, Bourjos is what we need in CF, he will save so many runs for the pitching staff, but isn't useless with the bat like Ben Revere is. He's actually got some pop and potential, and moving out of Anaheim might help.

Conger would develop into a nice option at catcher, and Lindsey would give us a nice 2B prospect to look forward to sometime in 2014. A good batch of young players for Dickey would jump start the rebuilding process.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast