Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Watching MLB network live show and they are talking about the extra Angels outfielders, and them needing starting pitching, and they don't even mention Dickey.

Many here are talking about how Bourjos isn't enough for Dickey, while I haven't heard any where else that Dickey would be enough for Bourjos.

Could it be that we have a much higher opinion of Dickey than the rest of baseball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    Watching MLB network live show and they are talking about the extra Angels outfielders, and them needing starting pitching, and they don't even mention Dickey.

Many here are talking about how Bourjos isn't enough for Dickey, while I haven't heard any where else that Dickey would be enough for Bourjos.

Could it be that we have a much higher opinion of Dickey than the rest of baseball?
    If that's the case then we sure as hell better not deal him. He's only been among the best pitchers in all of baseball ever since he was promoted from Buffalo in May 2010.

You don't trade one of baseball's best pitchers for anything less than absolutely stellar prospects. Otherwise you're getting ripped off.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Bourjos, Randal Grichuk, Conger and Lindsay for Dickey and Familia. That would be sweet.

Anyone look into Randal Grichuk? I really like him as a player from what I have read and looked at.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Anibel Sanchez just re-signed with the Tigers for 5 years $80 million. So 1 less pitcher available.

Also if Sanchez, who has never won more than 13 games, and never pitched 200 innings in a single season, is worth $16 million for 5 years, how is Dickey not worth $31 million for 3 years.

vCash

Also if Sanchez, who has never won more than 13 games, and never pitched 200 innings in a single season, is worth $16 million for 5 years, how is Dickey not worth $31 million for 3 years.
    He is. I think if his story had played out in the Bronx, or Philadelphia, he'd already have his extension. But because he's here, on a losing team with limited funds (thanks, Bud Selig) his greatest value to the Mets at this moment is as trade bait.

vCash
    Anibel Sanchez just re-signed with the Tigers for 5 years $80 million. So 1 less pitcher available.

Just because the Tigers overpaid for Sanchez does that set the new high water mark for middle of the road starters???? And dies that mean we should overpay for Dickey????

In a couple of years does Strasburg set the new mark at $30 million a year????How high does this stuff go????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Just because the Tigers overpaid for Sanchez does that set the new high water mark for middle of the road starters???? And dies that mean we should overpay for Dickey????

In a couple of years does Strasburg set the new mark at $30 million a year????How high does this stuff go????
    If he stays healthy Kershaw breaks the $30 million per mark.

I wasn't asking the Mets to pay Dickey $80 million, but why would the Mets think that Dickey is worth 2 years $20 million (or 3 years for $25 million) unless they really had no plans to re-sign him, and have planned all along to flip him for young position players.

vCash
    Fans fall in love with prospects, so do ballclubs. The difference in the eyes of most; (including the blue jays themselves) between Arencibia and D'arnaud is a chasm, they were quite similar in their last 2 years in minor league ball, both in their 22nd and 23rd years. My point being Arencibia is a proven major leaguer, D'arnaud is a prospect, we can get Arencibia for alot less than Dickey because they cherish D'arnaud. Here are the stats for both players in their last 2 minor league seasons Arencibia BA-.270/AB-959/2B-68/HR-53/RBI-160/BB-64/K-199/OBP-.340/SLG-535/OPS-.860.....D'arnaud BA.320/AB-769/2B-54/HR-37/RBI-130/BB-52/K-159/OBP.370/SLG-.567/OPS-.942. Yes D'arnaud's numbers are slightly better overall, especially in batting average(which some may say is an overrated stat). However Arencibia is a proven commodity on the major league level who is strong enough to be undaunted by the citifield dimensions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    They did already. He was meh......

Our offense stinks. If we had offense in the corner outfield, then it would make sense to get Bourjos, but he's not the player we need, and if he is the piece for Dickey then we lose.
    See post #68. I want Bourjos but I also want Trumbo who would be the centerpiece of the trade. I know offense is king but we desperately need a gold glove caliber outfielder since Beltran left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    With the Rangers disaster of an offseason I'm surprised that Dickey is still a Met. Fans in the Ranger forum are already freaking out, imagine if the Angels beat them to RA!
    If the Rangers don't trade for Upton it won't matter if they land Dickey. If Anaheim gets one more legit starting pitcher and stays healthy they win 100 games and that division because I don't see Oakland repeating now that everyone will expect 90+ wins out of them. It was just a perfect storm last year like during that season in Moneyball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    I'm not a fan of this trade at all. Tumbo is good, but he is really not too different than Ike Davis (30 HR, .250 avg, high strikeouts). It's like.....meh.

But if you're going to send Dickey and Johan (w/ salary paid), I want Mike Trout here!!!! I know it sounds crazy, and I can imagine the laughter from all of you, but we're giving the Angels two aces and they're in "win-now" mode.

If Johan is healthy, he is an ace. Look at how he pitched before July. Heck, both Dicky and Johan were carrying this team the first half. We actually had a winning overall record in June having the worst bullpen in baseball and a mediocre offense. Guess why we won games??????........it was because we had two aces on top of their games carrying us. That is valuable. We're potentially giving that to the Angels. We're giving the Angels two aces that had this 4th place Met team thinking playoffs back in June.

If the Angels had Johan and Dickey, along with Weaver, they wouldn't have to start Joe "overrated time infinity" Blanton. They could have him in the bullpen. Think Tommy Hanson and C.J. Wilson switch between 4 and 5 (yikes). With this potential situation in mind, I say if we hand them Dickey and Johan (w/ salary paid), I want Mike Trout. Please begin to yell at me.
    I ain't going to laugh at that but there is no way in f-ing Hell that the Angels even consider doing a trade for Trout. If someone wanted to take Johan off our hands and give us something in return right now I am all for it. Johan will never be the same again and Dickey is all but getting run out of town so at this point he has to be moved.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567