Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dickey seeking 3-yrs, $45M, agent wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded

R.A. Dickey’s agent, Bo McKinnis, told ESPN New York that he would not be surprised to see Dickey get traded.

“We have enough of a difference of opinion that if R.A. does get traded, I can’t say I would be surprised,” McKinnis said. “I’m not saying that’s our first choice, but if it happens, I’m not going to be surprised.”

Dickey is seeking three-years and $45 million, according to an on-air report from Jim Bowden with MLB Network Radio.
    http://metsblog.com/rumors/ra-dickey...-a-standstill/

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    See ya lol.

vCash
    Thats not a bad contract. He's proved he's worth that. If we're not overwhelmed with an offer we should resign him.

Also since he's seeking that contract, that should increase his trade value. Whoever trades for him has a pretty good chance at signing him to that team friendly extension.

The league knows R.A. is a great character guy and can lead a staff just by work ethic and personality. Someone will want him to carry their staff.

Royals ray:

vCash
    We better get a goddamn good return if he gets dealt.

vCash
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Agent Bo McKinnis, who represents R.A. Dickey, said talks with the Mets have been cordial. Still, McKinnis added, the knuckleballer getting traded would not surprise him in the least.

“It’s hard to gauge,” McKinnis told ESPNNewYork.com about projecting a resolution. “We have enough of a difference of opinion that if R.A. does get traded, I can’t say I would be surprised. I’m not saying that’s our first choice, but if it happens, I’m not going to be surprised. There will be no hard feelings with it, either. Certainly, if it were to happen, R.A. would like to go to a winning, successful club. But it’s just part of the business.

“Sandy and I have had good talks,” McKinnis added. “And he’s let it be known that they have interest in R.A. being with the Mets long turn. And we’ve let it be known that R.A. has interest in being with the Mets long term. If there’s a difference of opinion on the contract, now that’s just something for us to continue to talk about.

“It’s kind of been a slow process, but that may be a product of Mr. Wright’s deal this past week. I know that had to occupy their time significantly. But there has not been anything confrontational between Sandy and myself. And I feel as though he’s been very forthright on their side. And we have on ours.”

McKinnis said it's the dollars, not years, on the contract extension that are the stumbling block.

“As we’ve spoken of number of years, I think we’re both in a general area,” McKinnis said. “We’ve talked about various proposals and different structures and there’s multiple that I think we both could be happy with. That’s definitely not the issue. It would definitely go back to the actual dollars.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...-dickeys-agent

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Holy what?

Dickey + Murphy + Flores for Myers + Ordozzi
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Wilpons won't do that, you can only backload a 3 year contract so much
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Sandy Alderson confirmed he met with agent Bo McKinnis briefly in parking lot yesterday. (It was 75 degrees.)

vCash
    I am sure those are just negotiating tactics...

If the Mets don't deal him, i still see them bringing him back for less than 3yrs/45 million.

vCash
    Depends on how much of a hard stance RA and his agent take.

I think he's worth it, but if he insists on the number listed above, I'd say there's a better than fair chance he gets moved. And depending on the haul in return, I can't say that would be the wrong move.

If he wants to budge somewhat and agrees to a 2 year deal for about $28-30 million, is that really a reason to trade him? That would still be a bargain for the guy.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash

Dickey seeking 3-yrs, $45M, agent wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded

IMO Dickey has earn that with his performance the last 3 years period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    IMO Dickey has earn that with his performance the last 3 years period.
    I doubt the Mets will give him that, and I think they'll balk at 3 years extension unless it destroys the option.

vCash
    The mets will never come close to that demand. I say lets trade him this week no mattter what

vCash
    Pettitte got $12 million, Haren gets $13 million, and Grienke probably will get 6-7 years at probably at least $19-$20 million per. Dickey and his agent know he's worth 3 years $45 million, so I doubt he comes off that price. Either the Mets pay him or trade him, this info may just speed things up.

vCash
    Well thats a long way from what we're told about 12 mill per. Maybe its a ploy? 3 yrs at 45 mill would be nice payday!
    " You seek Yoda!

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast