Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 132
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    Some 'experts' are saying the market for Bourne has dried up so much that he might sign a 1-year contract so that he can hit FA again next year.
    I could see that. If I was him I would probably do the same, he had good numbers last year but nothing really that great. I don't get the fascination behind him really.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,947
    vCash
    1500
    Vigilante, where did you get that sig? lol. I made that exact one and posted it to the mlb memes page when the Rangers said they'd only go 3 years.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Everyone here knows why I didn't want him back and I've provided a long list in the past.

    That said, I've also said that the guy has talent. After whiffing on Greinke and Upton, this team really needed to re-sign Josh.
    In regards to your long list you've posted before, fair enough. I wouldn't want to retype it either. As for people saying he quit, tell me how he quit people? He dropped the ball last game of the season? I remember matt holiday dropping a fly ball in the bottom of top of the 9th in the playoffs against the dodgers, the dodgers came back and won. Did that make him a quitter? No. It means he effed up at a bad time bsame with Hamilton. As for the 0-4 against the orioles in the playoffs, that's how he always hits. He's not patient or selective. But when it's all said and done he produces monster numbers and is a top hitter in the game. I just feel you guys bought too much into the old school comments and train of thought ways of Nolan Ryan and his two month drought. Even with that drought he still gave you guys killer numbers Hamilton did you guys really good for 3-5 years. Would have won a world series if Nelson Cruz would have caught that ball. Oh well. I'm sure your rivals will appreciate him. As lame as I think angel fans are, they are very supportive of players who did good things for them

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    What I am mad about is that 2 weeks ago, the Rangers had several options that would have made the team better. To strike out on all of them is what is driving me nuts. When Hicks was here, the Rangers had an excuse to not do something. Right now we have a passionate fan base, 2 billionaires for owners, a deep farm system, a HUGE tv contract about to kick in. Yet we are operating like a bunch of chicken *****.

    The other thing that is worrying me is that not only did Hamilton not want to play here, neither did Lee, Young bashed the front office, CJ bashed the front office. One player doing that is one thing, but a pretty bad pattern is developing here. There is a lot of smoke surrounding the front office, and where there is smoke there is fire.
    This is what is seriously worrying me.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tbarb20 View Post
    In regards to your long list you've posted before, fair enough. I wouldn't want to retype it either. As for people saying he quit, tell me how he quit people? He dropped the ball last game of the season? I remember matt holiday dropping a fly ball in the bottom of top of the 9th in the playoffs against the dodgers, the dodgers came back and won. Did that make him a quitter? No. It means he effed up at a bad time bsame with Hamilton. As for the 0-4 against the orioles in the playoffs, that's how he always hits. He's not patient or selective. But when it's all said and done he produces monster numbers and is a top hitter in the game. I just feel you guys bought too much into the old school comments and train of thought ways of Nolan Ryan and his two month drought. Even with that drought he still gave you guys killer numbers Hamilton did you guys really good for 3-5 years. Would have won a world series if Nelson Cruz would have caught that ball. Oh well. I'm sure your rivals will appreciate him. As lame as I think angel fans are, they are very supportive of players who did good things for them
    The thing is, it was never just one screw up with Josh. With Josh it was:

    Get caught falling off the wagon. "I'm sorry." Hides behind religion...okay, moving on.

    "The sun hurts my eyes, so that's why I can't hit during the daytime." Experts laugh.

    Gets caught in Phoenix drunk again with a bunch of women. "I'm sorry." Hides behind religion again.

    Gets injured running home. Publicly blasts coaches. Doesn't seem his fault, but have to question him for publicly trashing coaches.

    Goes on a tear first two months of season. Goes cold afterwards. Shrugs shoulders, laughs at reporters when they ask for a reason, then makes dumb comments on air.

    Reports come out about him with a chick in a restroom at a local bar. "I'm sorry." Hides behind religion.

    Needs time off because he's had too much caffeine.

    And so on....

    That's why I didn't like the guy. That's why I didn't want him back. In a perfect world, we would've signed Greinke and traded for Upton and improved this team while watching Josh ride into the sunset. As is, the Rangers FO couldn't sign Greinke, were stubborn with Arizona/Cleveland on the trade front, whiffed on Shields, missed on Torii Hunter, didn't try to re-sign Napoli and dealt Young on the pretense that we were saving money to spend on other players.

    Had I known that our front office was completely inept at doing their jobs, then I might've changed my mind about keeping Josh. As is, they made it public that he was "Plan C" and treated him like the ugly stepchild most of the offseason. In a way, I'm glad Josh shot them the middle finger and signed with this teams rival. In another way, my favorite team is now looking like a 3rd place team in their division because of this.

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Vigilante, where did you get that sig? lol. I made that exact one and posted it to the mlb memes page when the Rangers said they'd only go 3 years.
    Really? It was on another Rangers forum someone posted it a few days ago!
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Really? It was on another Rangers forum someone posted it a few days ago!
    Yeah, MLB Memes didn't share it and told me "your meme is bad, and you should feel bad."

    haha
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,627
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Tom Hicks would have given Hamilton 10 years for $200 million.

    You guys are failing to realize that Hamilton is simply replacing Torii Hunter. Compare their WAR from last year:

    Hunter - 5.3
    Hamilton - 4.4

    Hunter actually had a full win above Hamilton last year. The Angles are still the same team they were last year.
    He had a .389 BABIP and his WAR was highly defense inflated.

    It was a fluke, Hamilton is the far better player.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,947
    vCash
    1500
    I like how Y2K is basically telling us to calm down it's no big deal. Kind of ironic coming from you bud. Just saying lol.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,559
    vCash
    1500
    desperation move sori garza 4 olt, perez+, gotta chance? youd have to miss out on dicky

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    He had a .389 BABIP and his WAR was highly defense inflated.

    It was a fluke, Hamilton is the far better player.
    That's beside the point. Fluke year or not, what Hunter did last year is what people can expect Hamilton to do next year.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,425
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    desperation move sori garza 4 olt, perez+, gotta chance? youd have to miss out on dicky
    Soriano was already run out of this town once. No way would he be welcome here after the crying he did when the Rangers asked him to change positions.

    Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,425
    vCash
    1500
    From ESPN Stats & Information: Over the past three seasons, only two outfielders (minimum 80 percent of games played in OF) have had more Wins Above Replacement than Hamilton: Ryan Braun and Andrew McCutchen. However, from Elias: Hamilton's .260 lifetime batting average in Anaheim is his second-lowest at any stadium where he has at least 75 at-bats. He has hit .224 at Safeco Field in Seattle.

    Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    From ESPN Stats & Information: Over the past three seasons, only two outfielders (minimum 80 percent of games played in OF) have had more Wins Above Replacement than Hamilton: Ryan Braun and Andrew McCutchen. However, from Elias: Hamilton's .260 lifetime batting average in Anaheim is his second-lowest at any stadium where he has at least 75 at-bats. He has hit .224 at Safeco Field in Seattle.
    Well that's including Hamilton's ridiculous MVP season where his WAR 8.4, which, excluding that MVP season, is more than twice his career average. I doubt at his age and with his injury history that he'll ever come close to replicating that.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,438
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    I like how Y2K is basically telling us to calm down it's no big deal. Kind of ironic coming from you bud. Just saying lol.
    Considering how off my rocker I can get, it should tell you how you are all acting right now. It's actually disgusting how many people I know are saying this team sucks, and the front office doesn't know what they are doing.

    3 playoffs in a row, 2 world series trips(i know these aren't ultimate goals, but still) and we can't give this franchise a little ****ing credit?

    Sheesh, sounds like a punch of whiney *** Yankee fans

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •