Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Tom Hicks would have given Hamilton 10 years for $200 million.

You guys are failing to realize that Hamilton is simply replacing Torii Hunter. Compare their WAR from last year:

Hunter - 5.3
    Hamilton - 4.4

Hunter actually had a full win above Hamilton last year. The Angles are still the same team they were last year.
    The Angels are not the same team. They lost a couple pretty good starting pitchers. However, if you take out the first 6 weeks of the last year the Angels were pretty good.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash

You guys are failing to realize that Hamilton is simply replacing Torii Hunter. Compare their WAR from last year:

Hunter - 5.3
    Hamilton - 4.4

Hunter actually had a full win above Hamilton last year. The Angles are still the same team they were last year.
    I would consider Josh Hamilton an extreme upgrade over Tori Hunter. Not really even in the same boat.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    I haven't been this pissed about the Rangers since the ARod days.

As far as the Angels go, I hope the follow the same path that the Lakers are taking this year.

The Dodgers and Angels might be the first rivalry where the teams don't even play each other.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Angels are gonna win the division blah blah blah. Just like last year, blah blah blah. They "won" the offseason last year and it got the dick in a box. Now their pitching is even worse...hooray for them.

Texas will be right there in the division until the end, this team is really talented.
    In fairness the angels were 90 win ball club from MAY going forward, april just killed us.

Hunter - 5.3
    Hamilton - 4.4

Yeah but what are the odds that they replicate their war next years? Hamilton probably will, Hunter probably wont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    There is a lot of smoke surrounding the front office, and where there is smoke there is fire.
    This is texas that smoke could just be coming from a BBQ
    The Angels are not the same team. They lost a couple pretty good starting pitchers. However, if you take out the first 6 weeks of the last year the Angels were pretty good.
    Well Haren didn't pitch well last year that was part of the problem, and Grienke wasn't in LA long enough to really quantify his impact, and the guys we have will be pitching in front of a very very good defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    I would consider Josh Hamilton an extreme upgrade over Tori Hunter. Not really even in the same boat.
    Hunter had a better year last year in terms of overall production, including defense. Yes, Hamilton is of course the better option going forward because Hunter is in his late 30s, but that's not my point. Somebody in the Hamilton to LAA thread in the MLB forum put it perfectly: the Angels are better than they were yesterday but not two months ago. When you take into account that Hamilton is clearly a lateral move because of his streakiness, injury problems, off the field drama, and the fact that he's gonna be stuck in a corner OF position, and also that the Angels lost Greinke and Haren, they're no better than they were last year. I honestly believe the Angels are an 85-90 win team going into 2013 as of right now.

vCash
    http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...bermetrics-war

This article goes into much greater detail about the Angels total WAR going into next season. At best, they're a 92 win team. That's assuming Trout continues to be amazing, Hamilton stays healthy, Pujols doesn't decline, and CJ Wilson doesn't walk everybody. 92 seems pretty generous to me.

vCash
    http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...bermetrics-war

This article goes into much greater detail about the Angels total WAR going into next season. At best, they're a 92 win team. That's assuming Trout continues to be amazing, Hamilton stays healthy, Pujols doesn't decline, and CJ Wilson doesn't walk everybody. 92 seems pretty generous to me.
    The Rangers are about an 82 win team right now

vCash
    The Rangers are about an 82 win team right now
    There's no way of knowing that because the Rangers are gonna be playing some young guys that have no previous statistics to base that off of, guys like Profar, Perez, and Martin. If Texas can acquire Upton, I would think they'd be just as good if not better than last year (in this assumption I'm predicting Darvish has a breakout year because I truly believe he will). God forbid we land Stanton in a trade; we'd be a 100 win team

vCash
    I would like your pot if I could waveone haha
    Fck the Heat
    Go Mavs

vCash
    Stanton? Price? Upton? SOMETHING FFS!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Post*
    Fck the Heat
    Go Mavs

vCash
    The only way we could even halfway make up any of this is to sign Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher, AND AJ Perzensksisnzskkkii.

Michael Bourn

Teams interested: Mariners, Rangers, Indians

Market value: 5 years, $90 million

Outlook: Pardon Bourn if he despises the Minnesota Twins, trading two of their center fielders to kill Bourn's market in Washington and Philadelphia. The Seattle Mariners appear to be the best fit, with the greatest need, but the Rangers could be interested if Hamilton doesn't return.

Nick Swisher

Teams interested: Indians, Mariners, Red Sox, Rangers

Market value: Four to five years, $65 million to $80 million

Outlook: Swisher is a consistent, dynamic player whose energy alone can sell tickets. New Indians manager Terry Francona saw plenty of him in the AL East.

A.J. Pierzynski

Teams interested: Yankees, Rangers, White Sox

Market value: One or two years, $11 million to $20 million

Outlook: Pierznyski has been an iron man behind the plate, ranking among the top three in games played among catchers every year since 2007. He also is coming off his finest offensive season with 27 homers and 77 RBI. Yet he turns 36 in three weeks. The White Sox can't afford him, the Yankees have the most need, but the Rangers might make the most sense, DHing on days he doesn't catch.
    We are so ****ed next season
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    The only way we could even halfway make up any of this is to sign Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher, AND AJ Perzensksisnzskkkii.

We are so ****ed next season
    Some 'experts' are saying the market for Bourne has dried up so much that he might sign a 1-year contract so that he can hit FA again next year.

vCash
    What if we trade Olt + others to the Mets for Dickey. Then trade Holland + to the Blue Jays for one of their better catchers. Then sign Bourne and LaRoche, plus a reliever.

vCash
    What if we trade Olt + others to the Mets for Dickey. Then trade Holland + to the Blue Jays for one of their better catchers. Then sign Bourne and LaRoche, plus a reliever.
    Holland alone is too much unless we are getting TDA. JPA isn't worth Holland. I like those other moves, minus LaRoche...don't consider him much better than Moreland

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast