Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Everyone here knows why I didn't want him back and I've provided a long list in the past.

That said, I've also said that the guy has talent. After whiffing on Greinke and Upton, this team really needed to re-sign Josh.
    Yet they didn't and certainly didn't need to be in a position where they had to sign him. That is exactly what they did to themselves.

Daniels is looking like an amateur- which he probably is and Nolan is looking old.

Here in Dallas word is, it appears Texas has totally pissed off most of the MLB with their antics and are getting exactly what they asked for.

vCash
    We have one of the best front office/minor league/scouting/leadership group in baseball, and you clowns act like we are the Mets or Marlins.

2 months ago not a single ****ing person here wanted Josh back on this kind of deal. ****ing calm down with the knee jerk ********, if Josh had signed with ANYONE but the Angels, we would all be sitting back saying...WOW that is too much to give Josh, he's too injury prone, etc. But since the wounds are fresh, we must hang the first person we can blame.

The guy, from all reports, didn't want to play here anymore. So other than GROSSLY overpay for him, what would you have the front office do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    We have one of the best front office/minor league/scouting/leadership group in baseball, and you clowns act like we are the Mets or Marlins.

2 months ago not a single ****ing person here wanted Josh back on this kind of deal. ****ing calm down with the knee jerk ********, if Josh had signed with ANYONE but the Angels, we would all be sitting back saying...WOW that is too much to give Josh, he's too injury prone, etc. But since the wounds are fresh, we must hang the first person we can blame.

The guy, from all reports, didn't want to play here anymore. So other than GROSSLY overpay for him, what would you have the front office do?
    I personally didn't want Hamilton back only if the Rangers had a plan that could REPLACE him and be better.

Despite what anyone thinks about him our team was obviously better off with him on it. I don't want to just let him walk away and say hey, hes getting overpaid to our arch rival but I'm ok with being in last place, because we didn't spend the money? The only person that wins in this deal is the ownership of the team!
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash

Frankly I was on the fence- and I like Hamilton. IF he would have signed 4 /100m that would have been acceptable. Five /125 based his antics last year on this team is a risk.

In either case it didn't happen and I am alright with it I suppose. He should do well with the Angels since he is surrounded by sluggers. We'll see. Collectively this off season is a disaster at this point. Anyone who disagrees is smoking crack

In terms of best front offices in baseball- That friend is knee jerk. Great front offices do not screw the pooch on some of the trades and losses of FA's like this one has.

They will have to overpay to get any frontline talent or even possibly a lateral replacement talent. Great front offices don't get in that position.

vCash
    And again, three weeks ago when I thought signing Greinke was a possibility I was all for letting Hamilton walk because I knew that despite losing Hamilton, we could still get a bat via trade or whatnot and then be better because pitching wins championships.

Now, we have no ace, and just lost 77 Homeruns and 260 RBI's out of our lineup.

So now what? Daniels is going to have to overpay for some garbage guy like Adam Laroche and AJ Perzenzkzkskzksiskdi anyway!

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bearfanrp View Post
    I'd rather sign Bourne and try to turn Elvis into a firstbaseman/starter.
    i'de love Bourne.

But no way Elvis will play any position other than SS/2nd

vCash
    And AGAIN, what makes all of this worse is the fact that he signed with our #1 rival.

Lets put it this way? Who all here wouldn't pay an extra $25 million for one year to GUARANTEE they knock us out of first place in our division? Anyone?

vCash
    If Elvis isn't going to be packaged for a big impact player, I'd like to see him locked up long term. Him playing 1B might be the silliest thing ever said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydawla View Post
    Look at this angels fan trying to troll. I'm not even a Rangers fan, in fact, I'm an A's fan, but you're making yourself look stupid bud. Gotta play the game, championships can't be bought.
    Giants spent 140 mill last year...
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Again, don't bite into the Kool-Aid Jon Daniels is going to try to spread on this.

Hamilton didn't owe the Rangers anything. They made no desire to make resigning him a priority.
    Ultimately they hoped he wouldn't get the offer he wanted and come crawling back. They explored alternative options before he even came close to signing with another team. They made signing Greinke and trading for Upton a priority over Hamilton every minute of the way.

Then they are flabbergasted when he signs with another team? The Rangers wanted to nickel and dime him all the way on years and dollars, he had no reason to offer them anything really.
    Good point, i think it's weird that Daniels is complaining about loyalty, but just shipped off young who had been with this organization for 15 years. It has to go both ways, and Hamilton doesn't owe the rangers anything he was paid to play baseball and he did just that.

vCash
    And again, three weeks ago when I thought signing Greinke was a possibility I was all for letting Hamilton walk because I knew that despite losing Hamilton, we could still get a bat via trade or whatnot and then be better because pitching wins championships.

Now, we have no ace, and just lost 77 Homeruns and 260 RBI's out of our lineup.

So now what? Daniels is going to have to overpay for some garbage guy like Adam Laroche and AJ Perzenzkzkskzksiskdi anyway!
    The notion galls me. IMO it would be better to suck it up, go with what you got and take the licks next year. What is left is truly bottom of the barrel.

Texas is desperate, teams know it and will try to take advantage of that.

vCash
    And AGAIN, what makes all of this worse is the fact that he signed with our #1 rival.

Lets put it this way? Who all here wouldn't pay an extra $25 million for one year to GUARANTEE they knock us out of first place in our division? Anyone?
    Angels are gonna win the division blah blah blah. Just like last year, blah blah blah. They "won" the offseason last year and it got the dick in a box. Now their pitching is even worse...hooray for them.

Texas will be right there in the division until the end, this team is really talented.

vCash
    Angels are gonna win the division blah blah blah. Just like last year, blah blah blah. They "won" the offseason last year and it got the dick in a box. Now their pitching is even worse...hooray for them.

Texas will be right there in the division until the end, this team is really talented.
    Just Not as talented as last year. In fact they lost a boat load of HR's and RBI's that at this point are not being replaced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Is Tom Hicks still associated with our ball club? Because it sure freaking feels like it.
    Tom Hicks would have given Hamilton 10 years for $200 million.

You guys are failing to realize that Hamilton is simply replacing Torii Hunter. Compare their WAR from last year:

Hunter - 5.3
    Hamilton - 4.4

Hunter actually had a full win above Hamilton last year. The Angles are still the same team they were last year.
    Last edited by Jack of Blades; 12-13-2012 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bhooks80 View Post
    i'de love Bourne.

But no way Elvis will play any position other than SS/2nd
    I meant trade him for one

vCash

What I am mad about is that 2 weeks ago, the Rangers had several options that would have made the team better. To strike out on all of them is what is driving me nuts. When Hicks was here, the Rangers had an excuse to not do something. Right now we have a passionate fan base, 2 billionaires for owners, a deep farm system, a HUGE tv contract about to kick in. Yet we are operating like a bunch of chicken *****.

The other thing that is worrying me is that not only did Hamilton not want to play here, neither did Lee, Young bashed the front office, CJ bashed the front office. One player doing that is one thing, but a pretty bad pattern is developing here. There is a lot of smoke surrounding the front office, and where there is smoke there is fire.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast