Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Look at this angels fan trying to troll. I'm not even a Rangers fan, in fact, I'm an A's fan, but you're making yourself look stupid bud. Gotta play the game, championships can't be bought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Meh. Everyone knows I didn't want Josh back.

That said, I wanted an impact something here. As is, we've lost way too much this offseason for "any available player" to just step in and fill their shoes.

You could sign Swisher, Pierzynski AND Sanchez and still be no better off than what we had at the end of last season when we had Hamilton, Napoli and Dempster on this team (not to mention the relievers like Uehara and Adams).
    Dodger fan here. Why wouldn't you want Hamilton back? Easily top 5 player in MLB, he was very good to the fans, and so what if he dropped the ball in that game. It happens. I think that sentiment us going to hurt the organization for years to come. To be honest, the things that Nolan Ryan said about Hamilton was stupid. When he questioned the timing if him quoting chewing tobacco in the middle if the season, very insensitive. If someone is doing something unhealthy and it's something that makes him feel religiously guilty, he should quit. It's integrity. I feel bad for rangers fans, but the arrogance of the rangers front office got what they asked for. Questioning Napoli as a catcher? He did good for you guys. He left. Doing Michael young dirty 4 years in a row? He couldn't wait to leave. Aaaaaaaand thinking 1. You can easily trade for upton? Hasn't happened 2. Acting like upton is half the hitter Hamilton is. You guys should run Ryan and Daniels out of town

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bearfanrp View Post
    I'd start looking at Bourne, adds outfield defense and some speed in the lineup. Beyond a trade (Olt or Elvis), there is really not much else out there. Obviously there is a big drop in power, but Bourne's D and SBs would help.
    Elvis for Ellsbury straight up.

vCash
    I'd rather sign Bourne and try to turn Elvis into a firstbaseman/starter.

vCash
    I hope Hamilton fails his sobriety. According to reports he didn't even give us a chance I match the offer. I'm sick of him and don't really care that we lost him, it sucks he went to the angels though. I hope he sucks! I'm hoping we use some of the money we didn't this year to grab a true ace next year.
    Fck the Heat
    Go Mavs

vCash
    Again, don't bite into the Kool-Aid Jon Daniels is going to try to spread on this.

Hamilton didn't owe the Rangers anything. They made no desire to make resigning him a priority. Ultimately they hoped he wouldn't get the offer he wanted and come crawling back. They explored alternative options before he even came close to signing with another team. They made signing Greinke and trading for Upton a priority over Hamilton every minute of the way.

Then they are flabbergasted when he signs with another team? The Rangers wanted to nickel and dime him all the way on years and dollars, he had no reason to offer them anything really.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    People were booing him, cussing him, and most on here wanted no part of him when the season was ending. Now we are gonna throw a fit because he signed a FIVE YEAR deal? I know it's the Angels, but their pitching still sucks.

People don't see that there is a way of doing things changing in Texas. No longer will we rely on the longball to beat teams into submission. Speed, defense, and sound pitching, that's what wins.

Sucks to see that kind of production leave, but at that price im ok with

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Again, don't bite into the Kool-Aid Jon Daniels is going to try to spread on this.

Hamilton didn't owe the Rangers anything. They made no desire to make resigning him a priority. Ultimately they hoped he wouldn't get the offer he wanted and come crawling back. They explored alternative options before he even came close to signing with another team. They made signing Greinke and trading for Upton a priority over Hamilton every minute of the way.

Then they are flabbergasted when he signs with another team? The Rangers wanted to nickel and dime him all the way on years and dollars, he had no reason to offer them anything really.
    According to reports, Texas offered Hamilton a deal close to or even above what the Angels did. He chose the Angels because he wants to play there, not because JD didn't want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbarb20 View Post
    Dodger fan here. Why wouldn't you want Hamilton back? Easily top 5 player in MLB, he was very good to the fans, and so what if he dropped the ball in that game. It happens. I think that sentiment us going to hurt the organization for years to come. To be honest, the things that Nolan Ryan said about Hamilton was stupid. When he questioned the timing if him quoting chewing tobacco in the middle if the season, very insensitive. If someone is doing something unhealthy and it's something that makes him feel religiously guilty, he should quit. It's integrity. I feel bad for rangers fans, but the arrogance of the rangers front office got what they asked for. Questioning Napoli as a catcher? He did good for you guys. He left. Doing Michael young dirty 4 years in a row? He couldn't wait to leave. Aaaaaaaand thinking 1. You can easily trade for upton? Hasn't happened 2. Acting like upton is half the hitter Hamilton is. You guys should run Ryan and Daniels out of town
    While you raise fair points, my initial response - like many other Ranger fans is, Hamilton didn't want to be here. His drama ,especially last year was off the chain.

In terms of arrogance of the front office, that is possible. However I am of the opinion that Ryan is too persnickety/picky and Daniels is in over his head. Both individuals comprise a toxic mix of sorts. As stated earlier monkeys and footballs come to mind...

Trading for Upton should have been out of the question based upon what the D Backs supposedly wanted. It is/was robbery. No way is Upton worth Andrus or Profar and Olt+ prospects. While I am not the most baseball savvy, even I can see that.

In any case, this off season has been a disaster considering what we've lost collectively. Greinke is a headcase IMO regardless of what people on this board seem too wish otherwise. His relapse last season would give anyone pause. Yet I would have paid him 145m, just not the 160+. Clearly Texas management screwed that opportunity, just like it did over the last three FA's we had....

Arrogance? Possibly? Incompetence? Possibly as well. Our FO just can't seem to close the deal when it counts, just like the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    People were booing him, cussing him, and most on here wanted no part of him when the season was ending. Now we are gonna throw a fit because he signed a FIVE YEAR deal? I know it's the Angels, but their pitching still sucks.

People don't see that there is a way of doing things changing in Texas. No longer will we rely on the longball to beat teams into submission. Speed, defense, and sound pitching, that's what wins.

Sucks to see that kind of production leave, but at that price im ok with
    OK, .......so? They paid for their tickets and thus the right to express themselves.

Hamilton clearly did not want to be here last year, or this year for that matter. Perhaps I am too old school but no way do I kiss someone's backside pay them what they want and beg them to go to work for me. Especially when a five year contract could put my team in jeopardy.

Hamilton did not want to be here - period. So IF a player doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here.

That stated this is very similar to the Mavs meltdown. Daniels is underwhelming at best( that's being nice) and Texas is in big trouble with their current roster .

That's the bottom line
    Last edited by waveone; 12-13-2012 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    Is Tom Hicks still associated with our ball club? Because it sure freaking feels like it.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post

Well said, when I heard that the Rangers front office was pissed that he didn't call them what you said is exactly what I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Well said, when I heard that the Rangers front office was pissed that he didn't call them what you said is exactly what I thought.

OK- again, but the ladder goes both ways here. The Rangers paid Hamilton and didn't owe him anything either.

This guy quit on his team. His drama about contacts, dipping, sinuses ad nauseum is ridiculous. It will be interesting to see what happens in Anaheim.

Regardless of these FACTS Hamilton was a risk at 5 years, most likely at 4 years , so I wouldn't risk my teams future for some headcase that wanted his backside kissed and didn't want to play here.

That's coming from someone who really likes Hamilton too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbarb20 View Post
    Everyone here knows why I didn't want him back and I've provided a long list in the past.

That said, I've also said that the guy has talent. After whiffing on Greinke and Upton, this team really needed to re-sign Josh.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Is Tom Hicks still associated with our ball club? Because it sure freaking feels like it.
    Amen. Can anyone make me a "Rangers fans against Nolan" logo for me to use as my avatar?

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast