Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ragman View Post
    I know I'm late posting on this, but here are some random thoughts:

1. After his farewell press conference, it's fairly obvious who wears the pants in that family. When has a player's wife been seen so much at a press conference?

2. For a man with personal demons like Josh has, NYC and LA are the worst places to go, IMO.

3. See if you can find an interview that Josh did a couple of weeks ago with Dan Patrick. Josh wasn't very complimentary about his time here.

4. Sometimes, the best deal is the one you DON'T make. It's like the Mavs and Deron Williams.
    I don't disagree with any of this. For me, this is why I was never much of a Josh Hamilton fan.

I'm interested to see where he is at the end of this contract. Having CJ will help him somewhat and honestly, LA isn't necessarily the worst place to be considering the healthy movement out there. It'll just be up to him what happens, but frankly, Josh doesn't have a history of making good short-term decisions. I also don't see guys like Pujols putting up with ****, so who knows...maybe on a team with players better/as good as he is, it will humble his mighty ego a bit.

I still wish him the worst either way.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    I don't disagree with any of this. For me, this is why I was never much of a Josh Hamilton fan.

I'm interested to see where he is at the end of this contract. Having CJ will help him somewhat and honestly, LA isn't necessarily the worst place to be considering the healthy movement out there. It'll just be up to him what happens, but frankly, Josh doesn't have a history of making good short-term decisions. I also don't see guys like Pujols putting up with ****, so who knows...maybe on a team with players better/as good as he is, it will humble his mighty ego a bit.

I still wish him the worst either way.
    I don't know, having to look at Jeff Weaver, expecially in the shower, every day would probably drive any man to drink.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    I don't know, having to look at Jeff Weaver, expecially in the shower, every day would probably drive any man to drink.
    Does he have a disfigurement or something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Does he have a disfigurement or something?
    Jeff Weaver is just one ugly lookin' dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDFan85 View Post
    Jeff Weaver is just one ugly lookin' dude.
    Good thing Jeff weaver hasn't been on the team since Jered took his job in 06

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Good thing Jeff weaver hasn't been on the team since Jered took his job in 06
    Haha you are correct. I had the wrong Weaver brother.

vCash
    Perhaps BigDfan has seen both brothers shower.. LOL

vCash
    Perhaps BigDfan has seen both brothers shower.. LOL
    Lol, fortunately, I have not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    Skizz, listen to what you're saying. You're just proving my point. The talent that won the Giants two WS titles is all home grown. They have no one in their core that they rely on heavily that came via free agency. The one guy they did break the bank for didn't pan out. What does that teach you? That spending money on expensive free agents, while making the fans happy, rarely turns into championships.

Oh, and I'll gladly take that bet.
    Just quoting this for prosperity. I'm sure you'll never pay, but just saying I told you so all off-season long. I called the crappy offense, the inconsistent pitching and the fact that...guess what? We're a worse team this year than we were last year (unless we go 12-2 over the next 14 games...then we can tie our 2012 record).
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    Just quoting this for prosperity. I'm sure you'll never pay, but just saying I told you so all off-season long. I called the crappy offense, the inconsistent pitching and the fact that...guess what? We're a worse team this year than we were last year (unless we go 12-2 over the next 14 games...then we can tie our 2012 record).
    Wow Skizzik - with this type of long term memory for small detail you must be a huge Breaking Bad fan. Yes it appears this thing is several bats light. It also appears we may have misplayed the Profar hand. Could he be overrated offensively relative to the "untouchable" status JD had apparently placed on him?

vCash
    Wow Skizzik - with this type of long term memory for small detail you must be a huge Breaking Bad fan. Yes it appears this thing is several bats light. It also appears we may have misplayed the Profar hand. Could he be overrated offensively relative to the "untouchable" status JD had apparently placed on him?
    Could you expand a little on what you mean by that? We all have to remember, he's only 20 years old. He's still developing, and his body is too.

Also, this team sucks!

vCash
    Funny because I'm watching Breaking Bad right now. But yes, I have an extremely strong long term memory. I don't really care about the bet. But I essentially predicted exactly what's happening and he was a jerk about it all off season just because I wasn't on board with all of his optimism. Funny how facts and statistics are much better ways of predicting future trends than blind optimism. People like him are why I stopped coming to this site. Too many people treating others like crap.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789