Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Angels to Sign Josh Hamilton! :(

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-hamilton.html

For the second time in as many offseasons, the Angels have signed the top free agent position player to a surprising long-term contract. The Angels have agreed to sign Josh Hamilton to a five-year deal, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter). Moye Sports Associates represents Hamilton, the top free agent position player available.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...5ULBq9qkiky.99

vCash
    Yup

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Angels have signed Josh Hamilton to a five-year contract.
    CBS Sports' Jon Heyman says the deal is worth a total of $125 million. The Halos weren't even mentioned as a potential suitor for Hamilton until a couple of hours ago, though that shouldn't surprise anyone given how last year's Albert Pujols negotiations went down. Anaheim has now landed the top position player on the free agent market two offseasons in a row. Hamilton, who turns 32 years old in May, slugged 43 home runs and tallied 128 RBI this summer for the division-rival Rangers. Dec 13 - 2:23 PM
    Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    I am disgusted, and appalled that this has happened again.This offseason has been quite possibly the worst in Rangers history.

Words can't even describe how furious I am that this has happened, let alone letting him walk to the Angels.

If the Rangers do have to start rebuilding, the rebuilding needs to start at the top with Daniels getting the axe. He has no business losing our top free agent every season for 3 straight years.

This nickel and dime garbage is what has caused us to be on the brink of rebuilding mode.

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

vCash
    A Tiger fan here. what do you think about Fielder for either Profar or Andrus ? You get that power bat at first base.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    A Tiger fan here. what do you think about Fielder for either Profar or Andrus ? You get that power bat at first base.
    Show me where to sign sir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I wanted Fielder last year. Nobody else did. The Rangers are too cheap to take on his contract, so that won't happen.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    This is the final nail in our coffin for this crappy off season way to go JD and Nolan Ryan the most ever attendence the huge television deal coming and being cheap cheap cheap and losing without a doubt the 3 most popular players on the team.I guess the youngsters are going to get to play a bunch and hopefully we can win 80 games this year.What a joke of a off season this has been you two should be really proud of the worst winter that i can remember the Ranger's have had in a very long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parman4818 View Post
    This is the final nail in our coffin for this crappy off season way to go JD and Nolan Ryan the most ever attendence the huge television deal coming and being cheap cheap cheap and losing without a doubt the 3 most popular players on the team.I guess the youngsters are going to get to play a bunch and hopefully we can win 80 games this year.What a joke of a off season this has been you two should be really proud of the worst winter that i can remember the Ranger's have had in a very long time.
    Agreed

vCash
    I wouldn't be comfortable going over 4 years for Josh. We all know the impact his style of play and checkered past might have had on his body. Its disappointing Josh didn't come down from his 5 year demands, but I'm glad his contract is something the Rangers don't have to worry about it. Yes, now an impact bat becomes a priority, but the Rangers have the pieces to go and get pretty much any available player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    I wouldn't be comfortable going over 4 years for Josh. We all know the impact his style of play and checkered past might have had on his body. Its disappointing Josh didn't come down from his 5 year demands, but I'm glad his contract is something the Rangers don't have to worry about it. Yes, now an impact bat becomes a priority, but the Rangers have the pieces to go and get pretty much any available player.
    Meh. Everyone knows I didn't want Josh back.

That said, I wanted an impact something here. As is, we've lost way too much this offseason for "any available player" to just step in and fill their shoes.

You could sign Swisher, Pierzynski AND Sanchez and still be no better off than what we had at the end of last season when we had Hamilton, Napoli and Dempster on this team (not to mention the relievers like Uehara and Adams).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Meh. Everyone knows I didn't want Josh back.

That said, I wanted an impact something here. As is, we've lost way too much this offseason for "any available player" to just step in and fill their shoes.

You could sign Swisher, Pierzynski AND Sanchez and still be no better off than what we had at the end of last season when we had Hamilton, Napoli and Dempster on this team (not to mention the relievers like Uehara and Adams).
    Dodger fan here. Why wouldn't you want Hamilton back? Easily top 5 player in MLB, he was very good to the fans, and so what if he dropped the ball in that game. It happens. I think that sentiment us going to hurt the organization for years to come. To be honest, the things that Nolan Ryan said about Hamilton was stupid. When he questioned the timing if him quoting chewing tobacco in the middle if the season, very insensitive. If someone is doing something unhealthy and it's something that makes him feel religiously guilty, he should quit. It's integrity. I feel bad for rangers fans, but the arrogance of the rangers front office got what they asked for. Questioning Napoli as a catcher? He did good for you guys. He left. Doing Michael young dirty 4 years in a row? He couldn't wait to leave. Aaaaaaaand thinking 1. You can easily trade for upton? Hasn't happened 2. Acting like upton is half the hitter Hamilton is. You guys should run Ryan and Daniels out of town

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbarb20 View Post
    Dodger fan here. Why wouldn't you want Hamilton back? Easily top 5 player in MLB, he was very good to the fans, and so what if he dropped the ball in that game. It happens. I think that sentiment us going to hurt the organization for years to come. To be honest, the things that Nolan Ryan said about Hamilton was stupid. When he questioned the timing if him quoting chewing tobacco in the middle if the season, very insensitive. If someone is doing something unhealthy and it's something that makes him feel religiously guilty, he should quit. It's integrity. I feel bad for rangers fans, but the arrogance of the rangers front office got what they asked for. Questioning Napoli as a catcher? He did good for you guys. He left. Doing Michael young dirty 4 years in a row? He couldn't wait to leave. Aaaaaaaand thinking 1. You can easily trade for upton? Hasn't happened 2. Acting like upton is half the hitter Hamilton is. You guys should run Ryan and Daniels out of town
    While you raise fair points, my initial response - like many other Ranger fans is, Hamilton didn't want to be here. His drama ,especially last year was off the chain.

In terms of arrogance of the front office, that is possible. However I am of the opinion that Ryan is too persnickety/picky and Daniels is in over his head. Both individuals comprise a toxic mix of sorts. As stated earlier monkeys and footballs come to mind...

Trading for Upton should have been out of the question based upon what the D Backs supposedly wanted. It is/was robbery. No way is Upton worth Andrus or Profar and Olt+ prospects. While I am not the most baseball savvy, even I can see that.

In any case, this off season has been a disaster considering what we've lost collectively. Greinke is a headcase IMO regardless of what people on this board seem too wish otherwise. His relapse last season would give anyone pause. Yet I would have paid him 145m, just not the 160+. Clearly Texas management screwed that opportunity, just like it did over the last three FA's we had....

Arrogance? Possibly? Incompetence? Possibly as well. Our FO just can't seem to close the deal when it counts, just like the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbarb20 View Post
    Everyone here knows why I didn't want him back and I've provided a long list in the past.

That said, I've also said that the guy has talent. After whiffing on Greinke and Upton, this team really needed to re-sign Josh.

vCash
    Everyone here knows why I didn't want him back and I've provided a long list in the past.

That said, I've also said that the guy has talent. After whiffing on Greinke and Upton, this team really needed to re-sign Josh.
    Yet they didn't and certainly didn't need to be in a position where they had to sign him. That is exactly what they did to themselves.

Daniels is looking like an amateur- which he probably is and Nolan is looking old.

Here in Dallas word is, it appears Texas has totally pissed off most of the MLB with their antics and are getting exactly what they asked for.

vCash

In regards to your long list you've posted before, fair enough. I wouldn't want to retype it either. As for people saying he quit, tell me how he quit people? He dropped the ball last game of the season? I remember matt holiday dropping a fly ball in the bottom of top of the 9th in the playoffs against the dodgers, the dodgers came back and won. Did that make him a quitter? No. It means he effed up at a bad time bsame with Hamilton. As for the 0-4 against the orioles in the playoffs, that's how he always hits. He's not patient or selective. But when it's all said and done he produces monster numbers and is a top hitter in the game. I just feel you guys bought too much into the old school comments and train of thought ways of Nolan Ryan and his two month drought. Even with that drought he still gave you guys killer numbers Hamilton did you guys really good for 3-5 years. Would have won a world series if Nelson Cruz would have caught that ball. Oh well. I'm sure your rivals will appreciate him. As lame as I think angel fans are, they are very supportive of players who did good things for them

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast