Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    vCash
    1500

    Nelly is Done in 2013

    Cruz is getting banned 50 games. He's not going to appeal the suspension, which means his season is over.

    In much more important news, this means Sevilla was right. That bastard. Deets:

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nesis/2619221/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    Have a nice life Cruz. Nothing but a low down lying cheating bastard. I'm so sick of this PED crap. He personally put the Rangers in this position now where they should be pushing for the playoffs but will struggle to even make the playoffs now. All because he is greedy.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dallas Tx.
    Posts
    580
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    Cruz is getting banned 50 games. He's not going to appeal the suspension, which means his season is over.

    In much more important news, this means Sevilla was right. That bastard. Deets:

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nesis/2619221/

    Feels great to be right!! lmao

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,439
    vCash
    1500
    He will be back for the playoffs. Hope he can stay focused enough to be ready.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    803
    vCash
    1500
    since he's never tested positive and they were talking deals yesterday I was hoping his suspension would have been less than 50 games. i'd like to know exactly what kind of proof they had against him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,691
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Have a nice life Cruz. Nothing but a low down lying cheating bastard. I'm so sick of this PED crap. He personally put the Rangers in this position now where they should be pushing for the playoffs but will struggle to even make the playoffs now. All because he is greedy.


    Get the sand out of your taint.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    since he's never tested positive and they were talking deals yesterday I was hoping his suspension would have been less than 50 games. i'd like to know exactly what kind of proof they had against him.
    He took HGH in the offseason to put on weight after a serious gastrointestinal issue. The MLB doesn't drug test out of season. But the evidence is massive, apparently name specific dosage regimens and payment receipts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    160
    vCash
    1500
    vigilantex69 View Post

    Have a nice life Cruz. Nothing but a low down lying cheating bastard. I'm so sick of this PED crap. He personally put the Rangers in this position now where they should be pushing for the playoffs but will struggle to even make the playoffs now. All because he is greedy.

    .


    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post


    Get the sand out of your taint.
    Exactly. Agreed, but I wouldn't have stated as nicely. It happens and will continue whether MLB admits it or not. He got what he deserved, now it's time to move on. The only reason this is a big deal now is because they were embarrassed then punked last year.

    What bothers me almost as much is Daniels ineptitude or lack of foresight in seeing this coming. He did not even attempt to sign a bat and the Rangers are currently contenders. This could cost the team the post season

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    1500

    Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by waveone View Post
    .




    Exactly. Agreed, but I wouldn't have stated as nicely. It happens and will continue whether MLB admits it or not. He got what he deserved, now it's time to move on. The only reason this is a big deal now is because they were embarrassed then punked last year.

    What bothers me almost as much is Daniels ineptitude or lack of foresight in seeing this coming. He did not even attempt to sign a bat and the Rangers are currently contenders. This could cost the team the post season
    Wow, it must be refreshing that some posters here are perfect. Cheating has and will last in sports and business forever. Its PC on jump on a band wagon and look good, but I had rather not. Remember when Gaylord Perry was putting everything he could on the ball and got away with it everybody thought that was funny and cute, it was cheating. How many pitchers have had thumbtacks, sandpaper or other items on the mound, cheating again. How many players have used corked bats and never got caught, again cheating or is it only cheating if you get caught? Look at yourself in the mirror and be honest and say, I was speeding today but didn't get caught or even worst, drove while DWI or DUI, but made it home without hurting anyone. Again cheating the laws. I tend to not get worked up about it, because its the world we have to live in and this isn't going to stop PEDS, Bud isn't PC about that. Carry on

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    vCash
    1500
    I think its as much the fault of baseball as it is the players who are using PEDs. By not using enough preventative measures, they are allowing some players with questionable integrity get a competitive leg up. Normally honest players are faced with the dilemma of losing their livelihood to cheaters, or sacrificing their sense of morality and stay in the majors. Once this culture permeates a sport, its very hard to clean back up.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by texranger View Post
    Wow, it must be refreshing that some posters here are perfect. Cheating has and will last in sports and business forever. Its PC on jump on a band wagon and look good, but I had rather not. Remember when Gaylord Perry was putting everything he could on the ball and got away with it everybody thought that was funny and cute, it was cheating. How many pitchers have had thumbtacks, sandpaper or other items on the mound, cheating again. How many players have used corked bats and never got caught, again cheating or is it only cheating if you get caught? Look at yourself in the mirror and be honest and say, I was speeding today but didn't get caught or even worst, drove while DWI or DUI, but made it home without hurting anyone. Again cheating the laws. I tend to not get worked up about it, because its the world we have to live in and this isn't going to stop PEDS, Bud isn't PC about that. Carry on
    Again, refer to jack of blades post. That would be good advice for you- IF I am reading the tone of your post correctly, which is not difficult.

    While I am not going to get into the flaws and utterly patent naivete' of your post concerning laws...., take 2A for instance which is part of the Supreme Law of this land yet has been abridged by @ 3000 laws which essentially paper over that Right, or the lack of Speeding Laws in Europe, or the previous 55 mph which is now 75 here in Texas and could reach over 80mph.....you might get the point.

    This will continue- period. Baseball made a big deal of it b/c they got punked. Both MLB and it's teams benefit handsomely by players using PED's. Players take care of themselves because teams will not. THey are a commodity that is used up and then spit out. Period.


    No one condones the use, nor is sympathetic. Yet people make mistakes. If they do the crime they do the time. Once they do the time, it is over. Get over it and lighten up... Frances....
    Last edited by waveone; 08-07-2013 at 01:55 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    803
    vCash
    1500
    i hope texas makes it to the playoffs and that Nellie return's to help them win it all!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    Cruz upsets me because again, this isn't 2002 anymore. These guys have been warned, and have watched some of the most hallowed players in the history of the game be drawn up and shunned because of steroids.

    These guys aren't doing for the love of the game or to break records, they are doing it for money, plain and simple. Why not dump some roids in your body to get that extra $5 million a year? Who cares? It's not like you can get cut like in football. Look at A-Rod? Do you think he really honestly cares? He's going to get paid $60 million to do nothing for over a year and a half....

    You want to make the argument that "back in 1999 we all had to use them because everyone was" "If I didn't take them then I would have been overplayed by the person that did use them".

    That's a valid excuse, and I can understand that back then. We gave them a decade of nonsense, and a decade to get out of it. Guys like Braun and Cruz continued on this trend to make $$$.

    Cruz especially upsets me because in a time where the Rangers should be challenging for the World Series, one of their top offensive weapons is now shelved.

    Maybe if he cared he would have appealed it and kept playing throughout the year (A-Rod's appeal won't be heard until November) But would he? Of course not. Why? Because he wants his new contract and $$$ the following year.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,755
    vCash
    1500
    Mets fan here,

    Was looking at the fact that Cruz has 17 games on his suspension left, and the Rangers have 17 games left in the season. Assuming the Rangers make the playoffs, and Cruz is on the playoff roster, what would your lineup look like. Just curious who gets the bump. David Murphy, or Berkman?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,932
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Mets fan here,

    Was looking at the fact that Cruz has 17 games on his suspension left, and the Rangers have 17 games left in the season. Assuming the Rangers make the playoffs, and Cruz is on the playoff roster, what would your lineup look like. Just curious who gets the bump. David Murphy, or Berkman?

    1. Kinsler- 2B (R)
    2. Andrus- SS (R)
    3. Rios - RF (R)
    4. Beltre- 3B (R)
    5. Pierzynski- C (L)
    6. Cruz- LF (R)
    7. Moreland- 1B (L)
    8. Profar- DH (S)
    9. Martin- CF (L)


    That would be what I'd roll with.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •