Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
    Three years. The one he has left on his deal and the 2 year extension. Not that it likely matters much in the sense of swaying opinions, an extra year won't change a fundamental belief like that. Especially when we're not going to be dealing with prospects, but rather proven young talent.
    I was talking about the rotation as a whole, Blanton is signed for only two years. Weaver/Wilson are under control for 4 years Hanson/Dickey 3 years
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eg714 View Post
    I'm on the trade trumbo wagon. I like him a lot but he is expendable now and still has some good value. I think we pretty much seen what we could expect from him, a lot of power but also a lot of strikeouts and low obp.

I can't believe we signed Hamilton, this offseason went from depressing to really good. The contract to me isn't really that bad at all. We are a 100 win team right now. If we could add another quality Sp then we are good for sure. Don't forget we get to beat up on the Astros now.

Ya we seen all we can from him. That 2year sample size was soo big. And he still regressed. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    I was talking about the rotation as a whole, Blanton is signed for only two years. Weaver/Wilson are under control for 4 years Hanson/Dickey 3 years
    Forgot about that, yeah we'd be set 1-through-5 for just the two years. My bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    Forgot about that, yeah we'd be set 1-through-5 for just the two years. My bad.
    The whole team (aside from the pen) would be pretty much set for the next 3 years

C Iannetta 3 years
    1B Pujols 9 years
    2B Kendrick 3 years
    3B Callaspo 1 year
    SS Aybar 4 years
    OF Trout 5 years
    OF Hamilton 5 years
    OF Bourjos/Trumbo 4 years

You have Blanton (replaced by Maronde/Richards) and Callaspo (replaced by Cowart) who are the only ones not under control over the next 3 years.
    __________________________________._________

vCash

Angels Sign Josh Hamilton 5 Years 125M

Coming from a Dodger fan congratulations on the Hamilton signing. If he stays clean he is going to continue to dominate for next several years. Trout-Pujols-Hamilton doesn't get better than that. After Weaver, your starting pitching is only question mark but no team is perfect. Here's to a 2013 Freeway World Series!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    Ya we seen all we can from him. That 2year sample size was soo big. And he still regressed. Lol
    That and his entire minor league career stats is enough for me. Still can't hit a breaking ball and probably never will. I want him to be great but I'm not convinced he can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fabian43 View Post
    here's to a 2013 freeway world series!
    yes!

vCash
    Wow great deal for the Angels heard the news at work and I was shocked. Angels the only team that gives me heart attacks and headaches. I love you Angels

The Future is NOW!

vCash
    Dodgers/Angels WS ray:ray:ray:

vCash
    ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Dodgers/Angels WS ray:ray:ray:
    I been praying for a Freeway World series for a longtime. I hope this happens

The Future is NOW!

vCash
    The chances look better they have at any point EVER

Quite frankly on paper Dodgers and Angels might be the best teams in each respective league, hope both teams make the playoffs and make a run at the series... God losing it would be bad though, because I'm a OC guy buncha Angel fans Lol

vCash
    This season's gonna be ****ing epic

vCash
    I thought you were referencing a more current Adam Dunn. Even then, I really don't see the comparison, seeing how Dunn is a walk machine, and especially more recently does not hit very well. I also don't expect Trumbo to hit around the .250 mark, he improved by 14 points this year and I'd expect him to level off around .270-.275, or right around his minor league numbers, and 30-to-35 points higher than Dunn's career mark. Again, they're not very similar at all, other than power and their truest position on the field. There aren't many great comparisons to Trumbo, and a walk-machine like Adam Dunn certainly isn't one of them.
    Low average, high power, high strikeouts. It's only the walks that differentiate them, as a type, and thus why I referred to Trumbo as a poor man's Dunn.

And you really don't know what I'm talking about with the 8 games/16 PA thing? In short, that was Trumbo's 2010 season, 16 whole pitch attempts. Considering that a season is really grasping at straws. He didn't follow up greatly, but let's not try and include 16 pitch attempts as a "season". And despite all that, he did improve his OBP by 25 points. Hot start or not, as a whole that's nice progress for a guy in his second season, something you seem to completely ignore. When a guy's just 27 years old and doesn't even have three seasons in, it's not exactly fair to his case to go to his career numbers and act like he's done developing, especially after he improved pretty much across the board in his sophomore campaign.
    And once again I'll point out that his OBP was .305 for the next 1000+ PA, making this once again entirely moot. It does not change the fact that he has no seasons with an OBP over .320, which was quite obviously my main point.

You also cannot in one breath say that 2010 doesn't count as a season, and in the next say that he improved upon it by 25 points. Either it counts or it doesn't.

He improved across the board because of a lot of great luck. How many times did I point out his BABIP last season, and say it was going to kill him when it fell? And what happened? Exactly that. A .367/.407/.670
    line in May with a .402 BABIP turned into a .260/.313/.587 line in June with a .261 BABIP. All the plate discipline people were creaming themselves over vanished, his contact rate actually fell last year by about 6%, and his swinging strike rate increased.

Take out his hot start, and from June 1st on Trumbo hit .237/.285/.434, which looks remarkable similar to his 2011 line of .254/.291/.477.

We can also look at his entire minor league career, six seasons and over 3000 PA, and see that even there he only managed a .330 career OBP. But sure, he's going to improve on that, like most people do.

But you want to look at all of that and go, "He'll get better, because, you know.. because!" Which is fine, and I'd love if he did. But I continue to see no reason to expect him to.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Now that we got the best offensive lineup in the league, it would be good to have the best rotation/bullpen in the league. This signing has me forgetting all about the Lakers game going on now.
    List of negative Lakers fans to watch out for this upcoming season on these forums. Even with Steve Nash or D12, they'd find something to complain about:

lamar2006
    LALakersKC
    Bryan12
    evadatam5150
    mstrdrk
    so_cal_watcher
    Lakersfan2483
    Teeboy1487
    midwestlaker75
    silvteg98
    J4KOP99
    SUPREME LA