Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Would You Rather Keep?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bourjos

10 47.62%
  • Trumbo

11 52.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Trumbo or Bourjos?

Simple question really. We all know we need starting pitching more than anything else at this point. Who would you rather trade for a quality starting pitcher, Trumbo or Bourjos? (Kendry Morales for some). I know the stance of a few people on here, but wanted to get more of a sample size. Personally, even though I do like Bourjos a lot, I would rather keep Trumbo. I understand Trumbo's OBP isn't as high as many would like, but when Boujos had his "break out" year his OBP was .327, compared to Trumbos .320 last year. Not much of a difference at all. Just curious to see what everyone thinks.

vCash
    A few things go into this for me. First off, I think Trumbo would start over Wells, but Wells would start over Borjous. I don't want Wells being a starter.

Outside of that, I wouldn't care who got traded. If I was told whoever is not traded will start, I'd say trade whoever can get the most in return. I know one of them will be traded for a SP (at least I hope).

vCash
    Bourjos.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Bourjos.
    I'm not totally against trading Trumbo if he can get us a quality starter. However, if the talent we got in return by trading Trumbo or Bourjos was equal, I would definitely trade the latter. I just don't see what Bourjos does better than Trumbo, other than defense. That being said, I think our defense would be fine with an outfield of Trout, Hamilton, and Trumbo. Trumbo isn't a total slouch defensively and he could fit in at first base if he is needed to. I just feel that Trumbo's power numbers are a bit to good to give away, especially since he is only 26 years old. He has improved his OBP by .30 points since his rookie season and I expect that to improve as he gets more seasoned.
    Last edited by GetShrutedOn; 12-15-2012 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    There's no correct or incorrect answer/move here. Obviously there will be a missing quality once either player is traded for a pitcher. There will be a consequence either way. I'm not sure what caliber-type pitcher would come to Anaheim based on how valuable other teams view Bourjos and Trumbo in a trade (only one would be traded, of course), though. Regardless of what happens, I just support the trade that would bring the best pitcher possible to the Angels.

vCash
    Depends what the return is. I'm not opposed to trading either, but whichever can get us a better return is the one i trade. I hope natepro isn't mailing his 10-page essays on how awful Trumbo is to opposing GMs.

vCash
    if you keep burjos wells is starting fyi

vCash
    Keep Bourjos.
    Avatar will not change until the Angels reach .500
    thanks to popo85 for sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo4life View Post
    if you keep burjos wells is starting fyi
    How?
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Whoever would give us the better SP in return should be the one traded... Both are very good players with opposing skill sets. It's a tough call... I say keep both and trade Morales, conger, Richards for a #2 pitcher that has a long term contract already intact.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    How?
    I don't think Wells will start, but if Trumbo goes(or Morales does), I do have a sneaking suspicion Wells will get a lot more playing time. Not that he should, but just that he will. For Sosh, it would be a lot easier to justify getting Wells into games when it's Bourjos' bat he's replacing instead of Trumbo's(which is pretty dumb).

Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    Whoever would give us the better SP in return should be the one traded... Both are very good players with opposing skill sets. It's a tough call... I say keep both and trade Morales, conger, Richards for a #2 pitcher that has a long term contract already intact.
    The problem is, can you name a #2 pitcher with a long term deal in our price range who could not only be had for that package, but is even available for trade? There aren't many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    one guy doesn't take you from yearly playoff conteder to the worst team in football

vCash
    is phily still trading lee ?

vCash
    Keep both trade morales and Calhoun

J_M_B is offline Good Enough Ain't Enough
    vCash
    The Marlins need a centerfielder.. maybe Ricky Nolasco for Bourjos?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J_M_B View Post
    The Marlins need a centerfielder.. maybe Ricky Nolasco for Bourjos?
    No

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast