Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 177
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,837
    vCash
    1500
    We were worried that we were going to re-sign him. Thanks.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,096
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    How can you say for sure that the giants aren't trying to sign 'better caliber' players? Perhaps it's just not worth it for the giants money/yrs wise? Or the players they desire don't feel the same toward them..

    I hate how ppl simplify signing players..they have lives, families located in a city, homes, agents, and all kinds of factors you're obviously pushing aside and not considering..

    The off season is far from over, maybe the giants don't trust blanco, and Torres is his possible replacement, and there are more moves to come..
    Because they aren't, if they were, they wouldn't be signing bums like Torres to come platoon. If you want to get better, you do it, you don't beat around the bush and accumulate bums. Look what that mets fan just said. The guy is a deadbeat. Yes he helped us in 2010 but there is no reason for him to ever be in a giants uniform again. He's trash. If you would rather have this nasty platoon of 4th OFs over any OF on the market, you my friend are absolutely crazy. This offseason is now over. Sabean won his World Series and will continue his attempt at playing money ball. We may sign a reliever but this is our squad

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,558
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    How can you say for sure that the giants aren't trying to sign 'better caliber' players? Perhaps it's just not worth it for the giants money/yrs wise? Or the players they desire don't feel the same toward them..

    I hate how ppl simplify signing players..they have lives, families located in a city, homes, agents, and all kinds of factors you're obviously pushing aside and not considering..

    The off season is far from over, maybe the giants don't trust blanco, and Torres is his possible replacement, and there are more moves to come..
    Well they haven't tried to get better. I have a hard time believing nobody wanted to come to the Giants that would've been an upgrade. Swisher is one that comes to mind, but they ignored him.

    The offseason is basically over for the Giants for filling out their starting lineup. Hairston was "too pricey" for them so they went cheaper and signed Torres to platoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    We were worried that we were going to re-sign him. Thanks.
    Do not speak ill of Torres!

    Shailene Woodley

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tadmanny View Post
    Because they aren't, if they were, they wouldn't be signing bums like Torres to come platoon. If you want to get better, you do it, you don't beat around the bush and accumulate bums. Look what that mets fan just said. The guy is a deadbeat. Yes he helped us in 2010 but there is no reason for him to ever be in a giants uniform again. He's trash. If you would rather have this nasty platoon of 4th OFs over any OF on the market, you my friend are absolutely crazy. This offseason is now over. Sabean won his World Series and will continue his attempt at playing money ball. We may sign a reliever but this is our squad
    You just proved my post correct, you are just assuming..you know nothing other than what's posted on the Internet

    GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS
    Bay Area, CA

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,096
    vCash
    1500
    Sad thing is hairstons price is said to be around 5 million but for two years.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,558
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    You just proved my post correct, you are just assuming..you know nothing other than what's posted on the Internet
    This is basically it for the offseason, outside of maybe some MiL deals and ST invites. Everything adds up.

    Shailene Woodley

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,558
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by tadmanny View Post
    Sad thing is hairstons price is said to be around 5 million but for two years.
    Yup. They couldn't spend an additional $500,000.

    Shailene Woodley

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Well they haven't tried to get better. I have a hard time believing nobody wanted to come to the Giants that would've been an upgrade. Swisher is one that comes to mind, but they ignored him.

    The offseason is basically over for the Giants for filling out their starting lineup. Hairston was "too pricey" for them so they went cheaper and signed Torres to platoon.
    again, all assumption until the first day of the season, I'm no stranger to doubting in Brian sabean and co, I understand your pessimism but you're still just speaking from your gut with no actual evidence of your claim..

    GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS
    Bay Area, CA

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,096
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    You just proved my post correct, you are just assuming..you know nothing other than what's posted on the Internet
    If I knew you I would bet u 100 dollars they won't sign anyone else. We don't know each other so if they do sign someone ill give u an imaginary pat on the back. But I'm so confident they won't, I won't even have to

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    This is basically it for the offseason, outside of maybe some MiL deals and ST invites. Everything adds up.
    You ain't got no crystal ball, you can't prove anything, your simplifying baseball operations, I understand your point, and pretty much agree with you but c'mon....

    GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS
    Bay Area, CA

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,096
    vCash
    1500
    Torres>me>you-who's prob still beating it to his poster while making trash beats in your garage. You did fight hard for him but who was right about his true abilities? Meeeee
    Last edited by tadmanny; 12-13-2012 at 01:37 PM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,639
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tadmanny View Post
    If I knew you I would bet u 100 dollars they won't sign anyone else. We don't know each other so if they do sign someone ill give u an imaginary pat on the back. But I'm so confident they won't, I won't even have to
    I completely agree, they probably won't, but you can't say for sure, have some hope..crazier things have happened..

    GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS
    Bay Area, CA

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,639
    vCash
    1500
    The blame doesnt fall squarely on the giants shoulders that's my point, I hate it too, but it's one sided to just blame us and think that beyond our incompetence and cheapness everything would be roses and we could sign all the guys you deem worthy..

    GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS
    Bay Area, CA

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    21,558
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    again, all assumption until the first day of the season, I'm no stranger to doubting in Brian sabean and co, I understand your pessimism but you're still just speaking from your gut with no actual evidence of your claim..
    Baer said the payroll will be about $140M.

    After signing Pagan/Scutaro, Sabean said the budget is pretty close to the max, along those lines.

    Scott Hairston is reportedly "too pricey" at around 2.5M/year.

    Giants sign Torres to 2M.

    Sure, I'm not a fly on the wall in the building, but I think that's pretty good evidence. It adds up. It's pretty safe to assume we're done. I don't know how you believe otherwise unless you're just holding out hope that Larry Baer strikes oil somewhere.

    Shailene Woodley

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,096
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    I completely agree, they probably won't, but you can't say for sure, have some hope..crazier things have happened..
    I hope your right. Just have been let down by this bunch way too many times to have anything left in the hope tank

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •