Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Last nights game was a reminder of why I'm not a big Felton fan.

He's an 8 year veteran, yet he was out there playing insecure, like a 16 year old in HS desperately trying to impress a girl, to the point where he hurt the team. He immediately came out and took 3 long jumpers.

Meanwhile, Lin, who's only started about 50 games, let the game come to him. He attacked the basket and got to the rim at will. Lin might make mistakes, but he plays the game the right way, and he attacks, he's not out there settling for 20 foot jumpers all day. That's why Lin scored 22 on just 15 shots, while it took Felton 18 shots to score just 14. Lin wasn't worried about trying to prove he was better than Felton, he played his game and let the game come to him. Lin 2, Felton 0.

Guys like Kidd, & Nash, they are and were so good because they play the right way, they play smart. Felton has his moments, but I've just never really been confident in him making the right play, I have more confidence in Lin to make the right play.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 12-18-2012 at 08:09 AM.

2. 12-18-2012, 08:41 AM

The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!

Reason
    Knock if off calling Lin that

vCash
    God damn. I am still pissed over this thread. Do you think the heat have a thread to talk about Beasley and other former players? No. It's time to move on, I could understand this if we were a bad team but we are not. We don't need these guys so what is the point of talking about them. It's annoying to whenever we play teams with former players and the game thread gets clogged up with posts about that player.
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Last nights game was a reminder of why I'm not a big Felton fan.

He's an 8 year veteran, yet he was out there playing insecure, like a 16 year old in HS desperately trying to impress a girl, to the point where he hurt the team. He immediately came out and took 3 long jumpers.

Meanwhile, Lin, who's only started about 50 games, let the game come to him. He attacked the basket and got to the rim at will. Lin might make mistakes, but he plays the game the right way, and he attacks, he's not out there settling for 20 foot jumpers all day. That's why Lin scored 22 on just 15 shots, while it took Felton 18 shots to score just 14. Lin wasn't worried about trying to prove he was better than Felton, he played his game and let the game come to him. Lin 2, Felton 0.

Guys like Kidd, & Nash, they are and were so good because they play the right way, they play smart. Felton has his moments, but I've just never really been confident in him making the right play, I have more confidence in Lin to make the right play.
    Easy to say that after watching a top 5 best game of the season for Lin and a top 5 worst for Ray. Watch some of Lin's awful performances from this season - there has been no shortage of them - and than try to say you have confidence in Lin to make the right play.

And its also easy to let the game come to you when your getting wide open transition layups. Lin was in straight attack mode for sure, I don't consider that in the least 'letting the game come to you'. We all know Lin could get to the rack and score with the best of him but he struggled running our offense and getting our main guys involved. If he's not calling his own number or hitting 3 point shooters he doesn't do much when it comes to being a floor general.

Felton has shaky shot selection but has this offense running smoothly at full strength - and thats a big reason were the second best offensive team in the league when everyone was projected us to be somewhere in the bottom half.

vCash
    I also think people at the very least need to acknowledge Felton is playing with a bone bruise on both hands before bashing his performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I also think people at the very least need to acknowledge Felton is playing with a bone bruise on both hands before bashing his performance.
    People will continue to ignore this and talk about how thy want Felton back.
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    People will continue to ignore this and talk about how thy want Felton back.
    When did we lose Felton?

vCash
    And I mean if your holding Felton to standards of 2 HOF, top 10 all time PG's in Kidd and Nash your going to be dissapointed. This guy is making Ramon Sessions money.

vCash
    And I mean if your holding Felton to standards of 2 HOF, top 10 all time PG's in Kidd and Nash your going to be dissapointed. This guy is making Ramon Sessions money.
    You don't have to be a HOF to make the right plays, Lin makes the right plays, he's not chucking up 20 footers all game. He attacks the basket and makes the defenses work and finds the open man..Asik couldn't finish to save his life, but if Lin had Chandler here the P&R would be unstoppable, just like it was last year.

Honestly what Felton makes is irrelevant to me, sure he's a bargain, but its not like he saved us cap space to get someone else. We could have had Lin too or Lin and another MMLE player.

I thought Felton was the better player for us this year, and I probably still think so, even though Lin is really starting to show flashes of greatness... but going forward, in the next year or two we may really regret it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    You don't have to be a HOF to make the right plays, Lin makes the right plays, he's not chucking up 20 footers all game. He attacks the basket and makes the defenses work and finds the open man..Asik couldn't finish to save his life, but if Lin had Chandler here the P&R would be unstoppable, just like it was last year.

Honestly what Felton makes is irrelevant to me, sure he's a bargain, but its not like he saved us cap space to get someone else. We could have had Lin too or Lin and another MMLE player.

I thought Felton was the better player for us this year, and I probably still think so, even though Lin is really starting to show flashes of greatness... but going forward, in the next year or two we may really regret it.
    Where are these flashes of greatness? Was Felton's performance against Miami a flash of greatness too? Lin had a good game amongst a slew of crappy ones.

Lin was not very good on the pick and roll last year. Yea he had some nice oops to Tyson during Linsanity but he wasn't nearly as effective later on once Melo was back. He was great at calling his own number off the screen ala Tony Parker but not really at finding the roller. He was good at finding 3 point shooters off penetration moreso than the big.

You are overstating how often Lin makes the right play and Felton the wrong one. They are different players. Lin attacks the paint in a wide open uptempo spread offense. Felton gets us into our sets, utilizes post ups and elbow iso's from Melo and cuts thru to his position to spot up, he runs high pick and rolls, pick and roll handoffs, and gets us into our structured half court sets. His role is way different than Lin's, and I am not sure Lin could thrive in a half court system like ours.

Just because Felton will shoot the 15 footer over the screen instead of driving the paint like Lin doesn't make one the wrong play and one the right one.

Lin has played like **** all season man, he had a very solid game last night, but stop acting like thats the norm. Felton, even with his crappy 4-5 games without Melo, has still had less duds than Lin this season.

Look at the two games he just had before this one. If that was Felton you would call him an inconsistent disaster. Yet now he's showing flashes of greatness because he played well against us?

Just look at his game logs. He's been as erratic as it gets - way more than Felton.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-18-2012 at 12:23 PM.

vCash
    What would you be saying if Felton put up 7-2 with 3 TO's on 33% shooting in 33 mins in a loss to Toronto?

Thats what Lin did 2 nights ago.

vCash
    What would you be saying if Felton put up 7-2 with 3 TO's on 33% shooting in 33 mins in a loss to Toronto?

Thats what Lin did 2 nights ago.
    Probably the same thing that folks said when Felton shot 3-12, 8 points, 7 assists, 7 TO's and shot 3-19, 8 points, 5 assists, 5 TO's in the two Brooklyn games.

Seriously, it's WAY too early to compare Lin and Felton.

Felton's been working with a revolving door due to injuries. Amare in and just coming back, Camby, and Melo not to mention his bruised bones in his hands.

Lin's came off Knee surgery, 13 new players on the roster, the youngest Roster in the NBA, the signing of their #1 player 3 days before the start of the season and adjusting with NO training camp, and their Head Coach out for 3 weeks due to the death of his daughter.

As for Lin, his 2nd half of his season has been FAR superior to his first half. He was shooting in the low 30's for the first 12 games, in the last 10 he's shooting 45.5% for a season average of 40.7%

Felton came out hot in the first half, now he's shooting 38.7% in the last 10 games and a season average of 40.3%.

Still, the sample size is small given how early in the season we're talking. Alot of the Knicks roster is also new (Felton, Kidd, Camby, Sheed, White, Copeland, Prigioni, etc).

We really shouldn't be comparing either of them, bashing or putting EITHER Felton or Lin in the dumps or on a pedestal until MUCH later in the season.

Even comparing win/loss records isn't really fair. The Knicks have LOADS of Star/Superstar players and veterans. Chandler, Melo, Kidd, Sheed... Houston has Harden. They shouldn't be compared to the young players of Houston in any way.

Not to mention they're in different conferences. The West is VERY different than the East.

Just a point of note... the Rockets are 9-2 playing against Eastern conference teams. They're 3-10 against teams in the West.

The Knicks are 12-2 against Eastern conference teams and are 6-4 against Western teams. And before anyone argues that the Knicks have played a significantly harder schedule in terms of Western teams, here's the breakdown.

Knicks - SAS, Memphis, Dallas x 2, Houston x 2, Phoenix, Denver, Lakers

Rockets - SAS x 2, OKC, Memphis, Dallas, Portland x 2, Lakers x 2, Utah, Denver, New Orleans

So, let's not over bash or put Felton and Lin on too high a pedestal until we see a lot more of the regular season and play offs.

And in the end it doesn't matter, love or hate Lin, he's no longer a Knick. And as long as Felton is "good enough" to get us where we need to go, that works for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    When did we lose Felton?
    I meant Lin
    Future Ace

vCash
    Mike d up to his old tricks, fazing Jordan hill out of the line up.

Hill mad...

Sugar Ray Leonard whooping on Floyd Mayweather Sr.

vCash
    Daniloooooooooooo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    http://m.newsok.com/former-nba-playe...stom_click=rss

I guess he's back to his old ways again
    He should play for Denver. It's legal in Colorado.

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast