Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Gallo has been better than Gay this year.

And Iggy is overrated. His defense is overrated and is his passing. He gets 4-5 apg but also turns it over 3x per game... not exactly a great ratio.

and his offense has been declining for 4-5 years now.
    In what way has Gallo been better then Gay?

Gallo vs Gay

16 ppg < 18
    2.5 apg < 2.6 apg ( .1 really isn't that much but still)
    5.6 rpg < 5.8 rpg
    .4 bpg < .8 Bpg
    .8 spg < 1.5
    1.4 tpg > 2.5
    40% from field < 41%
    34% from 3 > 32%
    1.3 points per FGA > 1.1

6 - 3 in Gays favor. yes some of his stas are better by a fraction.

Gallo and Iggy have almost identically assist to turnover ratio.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    In what way has Gallo been better then Gay?

Gallo vs Gay

16 ppg < 18
    2.5 apg < 2.6 apg ( .1 really isn't that much but still)
    5.6 rpg < 5.8 rpg
    .4 bpg < .8 Bpg
    .8 spg < 1.5
    1.4 tpg > 2.5
    40% from field < 41%
    34% from 3 > 32%
    1.3 points per FGA > 1.1

6 - 3 in Gays favor. yes some of his stas are better by a fraction.

Gallo and Iggy have almost identically assist to turnover ratio.....
    On the surface Gay's numbers look slightly better, but he plays about 4 more mpg, shoots more, gets to the line less, and shoots shoots worse from 3.

PER 36 the scoring is even, except Gallo is doing in on 2.1 fewer shot attempts. And Gallo wins the rebounds, assists, FT, 3pt shooting, and significantly fewer TO's for Gallo.

And Gallo blows away Gay is TS% and EFG% because of the fact that he gets to the line more and more of his shots are 3's. So Gay might be shooting SLIGHTLY better from the field, but its because he doesn't shoot as many 3's as Gallo.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ayru01&y2=2013

Basically Gallo has been FAR more efficient, don't let the 40% FG fool you, he's always been a very efficient all around scorer.

Gay is very overrated IMO, he's sort of like Felton in the sense that he will get his points, but he's going to take alot of shots to do so because he won't hit many 3's or get to the line very often.

vCash
    if u look around the league there are so many ex knick players playing at a high level... i can't decide if thats a good thing or a bad thing!

Gallo
    Lee
    Z-bo
    Crawford
    Lin
    Barnes
    Nate

Lee & Lin on this team... man that would have been something. I wonder if Melo really doesn't come here without Amare...

vCash
    if u look around the league there are so many ex knick players playing at a high level... i can't decide if thats a good thing or a bad thing!

Gallo
    Lee
    Z-bo
    Crawford
    Lin
    Barnes
    Nate

Lee & Lin on this team... man that would have been something. I wonder if Melo really doesn't come here without Amare...
    IMO, he accepts the Nets better trade package and doesn't force his way to NYK if Amare isn't here. He has already said 'I wanted to come help finish what Amare started'.

Knicks were in a unique situation where we had to sacrifice pretty good players making big money to find a superstar to build around that could make us great. Either way, I'm sure you could go down the list of NBA teams and run off a bunch of former players who are playing well elsewhere right now.

I'll still take my chances building a title team around Melo than any of those guys above or any combination of them.

And I know you love Lin, but out of all those guys I'd rather have back Zbo, Lee, Gallo or Crawford before Lin if I got the chance to choose.

You gotta sacrifice good players to get a great one. Some do it via trade, we had to let our good guys walk so we could get the cap for a great one.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-03-2013 at 03:54 PM.

vCash
    On the surface Gay's numbers look slightly better, but he plays about 4 more mpg, shoots more, gets to the line less, and shoots shoots worse from 3.

PER 36 the scoring is even, except Gallo is doing in on 2.1 fewer shot attempts. And Gallo wins the rebounds, assists, FT, 3pt shooting, and significantly fewer TO's for Gallo.

And Gallo blows away Gay is TS% and EFG% because of the fact that he gets to the line more and more of his shots are 3's. So Gay might be shooting SLIGHTLY better from the field, but its because he doesn't shoot as many 3's as Gallo.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ayru01&y2=2013

Basically Gallo has been FAR more efficient, don't let the 40% FG fool you, he's always been a very efficient all around scorer.

Gay is very overrated IMO, he's sort of like Felton in the sense that he will get his points, but he's going to take alot of shots to do so because he won't hit many 3's or get to the line very often.
    Gallo is the one that people overrate. There isn't a GM in the league that is taking Gallo over Durant/Gay/Batum/Leanord/Iggy. Lets face facts, Gallo has been a disappointment for Denver. Clearly Denver thought they were getting a prospect that had some all star like talent and that isn't what he is. He is a glorified role player, I like his efficiency but to compare him to the likes of Gay or Iggy is nonsense.

When Memphis needs a big basket, they go to Gay who is their go to guy. He isn't shooting to his abilities but he still is their go to player because he can create his own shot and nearly make any shot. Gallo has zero ability to do that. He is finally getting his 3 pt shot back but still does that make him better?

He is not a top ten SF in the league and that is saying a lot since it is generally a weak position that is top heavy with Lebron, Durant, Melo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    Gallo is the one that people overrate. There isn't a GM in the league that is taking Gallo over Durant/Gay/Batum/Leanord/Iggy. Lets face facts, Gallo has been a disappointment for Denver. Clearly Denver thought they were getting a prospect that had some all star like talent and that isn't what he is. He is a glorified role player, I like his efficiency but to compare him to the likes of Gay or Iggy is nonsense.

When Memphis needs a big basket, they go to Gay who is their go to guy. He isn't shooting to his abilities but he still is their go to player because he can create his own shot and nearly make any shot. Gallo has zero ability to do that. He is finally getting his 3 pt shot back but still does that make him better?

He is not a top ten SF in the league and that is saying a lot since it is generally a weak position that is top heavy with Lebron, Durant, Melo
    Durant is a given obviously... but after that its very debatable.

First keep in mind Gallo is younger than Iggy & Gay and makes a TON less.

I mean Gallo at $10m vs Iggy at $15m or Gay at $17m, its a no brainer. Ask any DEN fan who their best player this year has been and I guarantee you most would pick Gallo over Iggy. Gay is not the clutch bucket getter you are making him out to be, if anything there was much debate over whether MEM was better WITHOUT him.

Let me say if you swap Gay with Gallo I think MEM becomes a much better team. Gallo's defense is also very underrated and his height causes more mismatches than the other guys you mentioned.

Batum is debatable, he's been better THIS year, but prior to that it was Gallo so I say thats a wash right now. Also Batum makes $12m per.

Leonard hasn't done enough to warrant being in this convo.

If you don't think Gallo is a top 10 SF I would LOVE to hear you name 10 better SF's.

Anji is online now The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    SMH, BullShats.......... Effient /= Better
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    I always have been and always will be a Marbury fan despite his antics off the court I believe he got his life together. But the dude could always ball and I feel he sacrificed his game when asked to for the sake of the team the last 2 years with Knicks. I hated Dantoni from day one for sitting him in place of Duhon. Loved Nate and liked D Lee. Loved Will Chandler and get to watch him and Gallo as I have been living in Denver from Upstate NY since May 2010.I still say Zach Randolph will go down as one of the best power forwards that ever played the game statistic wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    SMH, BullShats.......... Effient /= Better
    lol you're a clown

vCash
    MEM open to trading Gay...funny I was just talking about the "are they better without him" debate.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...udy-gay-trade/

Someone said Hollinger was never a huge fan of Gay because he's inefficient... I wonder if he has a say in this?

Heck maybe DEN even offers Gallo for him... Maybe Gay is perceived to be more of a "star"... though in truth I think Gallo is the better player. I say this because I always see alot of DEN fans wanting Gay... and I'm not sure why... grass is always greener?

Anji is online now The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    lol you're a clown
    Maybe I am............. still don't like the amount of significance put on efficiency stats.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

vCash
    lol Landry killed the Lakers 18 and 10. Lakers are done they should just give us Nash

vCash
    this thread should be a sticky... otherwise it gets lost.

Gallo's been carrying DEN lately, clearly DEN's best player by far now... whoever said Iggy?

Lin has been struggling.

Fields has been good on the boards lately, best all around game today by far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    lol Landry killed the Lakers 18 and 10. Lakers are done they should just give us Nash
    I saw that Landry gave LA the work lmao I think thats his season high.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    I watched some of that game, Fields played real well, got a slew of backdoor cuts for dunks. Almost made me miss him a bit. We could use his speed and ability to run the floor, we seem to only have 2 guys who can capitalize on fast breaks in Shump and JR.

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast