Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tommy Tuberville bails on recruit, top TV markets and updated graduation rates

Apparently Tommy Tuberville was in the middle of eating dinner with a recruit whom he was trying to sell on Texas Tech when he got a phone call about the Cincinnati job. He left the table to "go use the bathroom" and never returned just left them high and dry.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Artic...r-table-106322

Here are the top 10 college football television markets for 2012. Notice a trend?

1. Birmingham, Alabama
    2. Greenville, South Carolina
    3. Knoxville, Tennessee
    4. New Orleans, Louisiana
    5. Jacksonville, Florida
    6. Columbus, Ohio
    7. Atlanta, Georgia
    8. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    9. Nashville, Tennessee
    10. Memphis, Tennessee

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...-series-on-tv/

The NCAA has long shown a commercial about the NCAA tournament claiming that their student-athletes graduate at the same level or higher than those in the student body. A new study has shown that is only true if you count the entire NCAA across all the divisions. So pretty much they show you numbers that are mostly padded by Division II and III while you are watching big conference teams with god awful graduation rates. If you count only the major conferences the number is significantly lower....

For the major conferences that are what we consider BCS conferences in football and make up most of the tournament invites in basketball black athletes on average graduate only 49% of the time. That is the average. The majority of major conference schools fall in the 40-50% range with some schools doing 70-80% to pull up that average.

Some interesting stats

- At major conference schools black males only account for 2-3% of the student body. Yet they make up 55-60% of the student athletes.

- Florida State, Arizona, Arkansas, South Florida and Iowa State all have graduation rates for black athletes in the 30-35% range. So pretty much only 1 out of 3 black athletes at those schools graduate.

- On the flipside Northwestern, Notre Dame, Villanova, Penn State and Vanderbilt all have graduation rates for black athletes in the 75-80% range.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/ncaa-e...e-athletes.php

vCash
    Tubs is a scumbag. Good riddance.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Douche move by TT

vCash
    Not really like it matters he will do whatever he does in Cincinnati and they will just be glad that he doesn't leave after 2 seasons. Besides how hard can it be when all his opponents are gonna be Conference USA teams...

vCash
    Classless; however, I like Tuberville. I think he got a raw deal at Auburn and it seems he was not well received at TT, so maybe there is good reason he bolted, literally.

vCash
    He'll have a 9 or 10 win season in that conference in the next couple years and bolt for the first SEC school that comes calling. Watch.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    He'll have a 9 or 10 win season in that conference in the next couple years and bolt for the first SEC school that comes calling. Watch.
    I agree. It was my understanding he wanted the Arkansas, or Tennessee job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Classless; however, I like Tuberville. I think he got a raw deal at Auburn and it seems he was not well received at TT, so maybe there is good reason he bolted, literally.
    From the way I understand it they already wanted him out Texas Tech and there was already rumors of Kingsbury taking his job. This probably just sped up what was likely gonna happen next offseason.

vCash
    You know what's even funnier about this now is that Tuberville went to Cincinnati which now may be completely ****ed and not in a BCS conference soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    You know what's even funnier about this now is that Tuberville went to Cincinnati which now may be completely ****ed and not in a BCS conference soon.
    Yeah its pretty funny.