Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Another proud day for Chelsea Football Club

Obviously Hazard wasn't actually trying to kick the ball boy but it was still a really dumb thing to do, regardless of the ball boy not doing his job properly.

vCash
    Jozy Altidore scores yet again. The guy is on fire and is 2nd in the Dutch league in goals on the season, 1 behind the leader. Some big teams should start looking at him, I know its the Dutch league and its easier to score goals but he's playing great now.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    Jozy Altidore scores yet again. The guy is on fire and is 2nd in the Dutch league in goals on the season, 1 behind the leader. Some big teams should start looking at him, I know its the Dutch league and its easier to score goals but he's playing great now.
    He still needs to develop more as a player before he moves anywhere and no big clubs like barca, real, Chelsea, Man U will ever be after him

vCash
    ^ i could see him going to a mid/ bottom table premier league side, like norwich, reading, sunderland.

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca68 View Post
    ^ i could see him going to a mid/ bottom table premier league side, like norwich, reading, sunderland.
    Same or Italy or depending on how much he develops I'd prefer him going to a mid table club in Spain

vCash
    Fulham need to pay their electric bill in full next month

vCash

vCash
    Well done and congratulations to Ashley Cole for his 100th cap.

For the most part I'm feeling pretty negative about tonight's match though. From the looks of things we're playing a 4-3-3, which means taking our best player (Rooney) away from the position (behind a striker) where he's one of the best in the world. I can't understand that.

We're also playing Jack Wilshere, Steven Gerrard and Tom Cleverley together in midfield. They're all undoubtedly very good players (Wilshere and Gerrard being two of our top players) but I can't see how it'll be any different than when Gerrard and Lampard have played together - only one of them can really be effective at any time. All three starters are attacking midfielders and they need to be calling the shots in midfield to be effective, so we're basically always going to have a bystander or two in midfield, or maybe just three guys playing below their best level. It also won't help the two CBs who I don't think have ever played together. They could have really done with a defensive midfielder in front of them while they're getting used to each other.

Also Glen Johnson playing full-back. It's always a good time when you're watching him maroon himself in the opposite third when the other team are flying down the wing. Kyle Walker is better going forward and going back.

I have faith that Roy Hodgson can start fixing the England team, and I feel pretty **** for being so negative about the team, but I just can't see this kind of squad accomplishing anything

vCash

vCash
    Jack!

vCash
    Jack the savior

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Well done and congratulations to Ashley Cole for his 100th cap.

For the most part I'm feeling pretty negative about tonight's match though. From the looks of things we're playing a 4-3-3, which means taking our best player (Rooney) away from the position (behind a striker) where he's one of the best in the world. I can't understand that.

We're also playing Jack Wilshere, Steven Gerrard and Tom Cleverley together in midfield. They're all undoubtedly very good players (Wilshere and Gerrard being two of our top players) but I can't see how it'll be any different than when Gerrard and Lampard have played together - only one of them can really be effective at any time. All three starters are attacking midfielders and they need to be calling the shots in midfield to be effective, so we're basically always going to have a bystander or two in midfield, or maybe just three guys playing below their best level. It also won't help the two CBs who I don't think have ever played together. They could have really done with a defensive midfielder in front of them while they're getting used to each other.

Also Glen Johnson playing full-back. It's always a good time when you're watching him maroon himself in the opposite third when the other team are flying down the wing. Kyle Walker is better going forward and going back.

I have faith that Roy Hodgson can start fixing the England team, and I feel pretty **** for being so negative about the team, but I just can't see this kind of squad accomplishing anything
    Who is there to play in front of Roo though? With Defoe out, it's guys like Welbeck and Walcott that are suited outside.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    Who is there to play in front of Roo though? With Defoe out, it's guys like Welbeck and Walcott that are suited outside.
    Welbeck is better up front than on the wing I think. Although he's not our most talented striker, I think he's the best choice to play in front of Rooney because of how much chemistry they have shown when playing together up front. He's also probably our only player who plays better for country than for his club.

I think we'd be better off playing a 4-4-1-1 with either Gerrard, Wilshere or Cleverley playing next to a defensive midfielder (preferably Phil Jones for me if he wasn't injured) because I think we need some balance. Rooney is a two way player but in a 4-3-3 it's much harder for him to do that so it seems counter-productive to play him as a lone striker.

But saying all that, we are currently beating Brazil so well done to them all. I hope they can keep it up and prove me wrong.

Jack Wilshere is playing pretty well, it's good to see him keeping his head up after the penalty conceded. I don't know why the ITV 'analysts' are complaining about it because I thought Wilshere swung his arm out but well done to him for not dwelling on it.
    Last edited by Wilson; 02-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Welbeck is better up front than on the wing I think. Although he's not our most talented striker, I think he's the best choice to play in front of Rooney because of how much chemistry they have shown when playing together up front. He's also probably our only player who plays better for country than for his club.

I think we'd be better off playing a 4-4-1-1 with either Gerrard, Wilshere or Cleverley playing next to a defensive midfielder (preferably Phil Jones for me if he wasn't injured) because I think we need some balance. Rooney is a two way player but in a 4-3-3 it's much harder for him to do that so it seems counter-productive to play him as a lone striker.

But saying all that, we are currently beating Brazil so well done to them all. I hope they can keep it up and prove me wrong.

Jack Wilshere is playing pretty well, it's good to see him keeping his head up after the penalty conceded. I don't know why the ITV 'analysts' are complaining about it because I thought Wilshere swung his arm out but well done to him for not dwelling on it.
    I agree completely. One thing I also have kind of a bone with, is the lack of Leighton Baines. Cashley is still superb, but Baines is absolute class.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    I agree completely. One thing I also have kind of a bone with, is the lack of Leighton Baines. Cashley is still superb, but Baines is absolute class.
    Yep Baines has been immense this season and I think we need to think about the 2014 World Cup when Ashley Cole will be 33 and Baines I think will be 28.

Another thing that should be mentioned about this match is what Roy Hodgson said about not being too heavy on the Man United players. People are talking a lot of **** about this but they need to shut the hell up. As far as I can see, Hodgson only said it because he's started four United players while no other team has more than two starters.

1-1, really dumb mistake by Cahill.

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast