Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official New Orleans Saints Off-Topic Thread

We can use this thread to just BS about anything unrelated to the Saints.
    We use this in the Suns forum and share youtube videos or talk about Fantasy sports, etc.

vCash
    Anyone that grew up playing the NES will love this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6atT6G8Gng

You can play it here: http://www.abobosbigadventure.com/fullgame.php
    Last edited by king4day; 01-13-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Anybody besides me played San Fran on Madden. Its actually interesting. This is in the game but this is what happens.

I usually have success running Draw plays up the middle after they commit to the pass things really open up for runs up the middle. Ran for 100yd games twice next to the guards their Nose Tackle in passing situations seems very vulnerable to the Draw.

When I try to run around the edges Willis another LB or one of the Smiths kill me.

They read the screen very well too when I run it it has to be perfect situation or else its a loss.

When they do commit to the pass their coverage is very solid I mean one bad throw and its a pick. Its hard to get deep balls on them but every now and then the Strong Safety makes mistakes in coverage deep down the seam.

Alex Smith actually gets rid of the ball well against the blitz but end of the day he gets sacked quite a bit because he holds the ball too long.

Also Alex Smith gets some decent runs in on me when coverage is good and no one is spying.

They have some big hitters I mean they cause fumbles pretty easy.

These are the things that stand out most to me in the game but in the end Saints end up pulling away winning pretty easy.

I always play our opponents in Madden and I'm probably way wrong but their seems to be some relation to the way teams play in real life when I watch the actual games.

The A.I. is pretty good in Madden in my opinion. Just another little way to get your football fix while we wait for the real deal.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    That looks so boss!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞:20516429
    Anybody besides me played San Fran on Madden. Its actually interesting. This is in the game but this is what happens.

I usually have success running Draw plays up the middle after they commit to the pass things really open up for runs up the middle. Ran for 100yd games twice next to the guards their Nose Tackle in passing situations seems very vulnerable to the Draw.

When I try to run around the edges Willis another LB or one of the Smiths kill me.

They read the screen very well too when I run it it has to be perfect situation or else its a loss.

When they do commit to the pass their coverage is very solid I mean one bad throw and its a pick. Its hard to get deep balls on them but every now and then the Strong Safety makes mistakes in coverage deep down the seam.

Alex Smith actually gets rid of the ball well against the blitz but end of the day he gets sacked quite a bit because he holds the ball too long.

Also Alex Smith gets some decent runs in on me when coverage is good and no one is spying.

They have some big hitters I mean they cause fumbles pretty easy.

These are the things that stand out most to me in the game but in the end Saints end up pulling away winning pretty easy.

I always play our opponents in Madden and I'm probably way wrong but their seems to be some relation to the way teams play in real life when I watch the actual games.

The A.I. is pretty good in Madden in my opinion. Just another little way to get your football fix while we wait for the real deal.
    what was the final score?

vCash
    LOL I've been playing the 9ers in Madden all week to alleviate some anxiety attacks I'm having waiting for the game. Its been blowouts each time except one game where we just kept turning the ball over - INTs and fumbles. We mostly put up about 30 points to their about 14 points on average.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    LOL I've been playing the 9ers in Madden all week to alleviate some anxiety attacks I'm having waiting for the game. Its been blowouts each time except one game where we just kept turning the ball over - INTs and fumbles. We mostly put up about 30 points to their about 14 points on average.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    The same time i added spags as my DC on madden was the same time news broke he was hired. I like to think i had a part in this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    The same time i added spags as my DC on madden was the same time news broke he was hired. I like to think i had a part in this
    Can you add Mario Williams too

vCash
    This is the coolest thing ever. This is where I found the song in my sig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Sure... Ill also add suh and allen too!

vCash
    Sure... Ill also add suh and allen too!
    ray:
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    So my friends that are 49er fans were talking about how Smith is the QB for them going forward. That they don't want any part of Manning.

After last night, they've all changed their minds. Funny how a loss allows reality to set in.

vCash
    Anyone that grew up playing the NES will love this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6atT6G8Gng

You can play it here: http://www.abobosbigadventure.com/fullgame.php
    My God that is ****ing awesome...

Is it a good playbook?

If you add ANYONE, add Lawrence Timmons. The guy is an absolute monster in a 4-3. Make sure you have him on Nickel formations, though.

So my friends that are 49er fans were talking about how Smith is the QB for them going forward. That they don't want any part of Manning.

After last night, they've all changed their minds. Funny how a loss allows reality to set in.
    ****ing fickle fans...I wonder if they want to get rid of Carlos Rogers too, because of his bad game? Jerks. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    ^^^ i'm no longer on the "Alex Smith is a horrible QB" run anymore. He's average. I'll give him that. But I just don't think any 49er fan would say they would rather Smith next year over Manning if possible.
    He'd be the key to being the best team on paper to start the year.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast