Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patience

vCash
    The problem is coach frank, mateen said it best after last nights game. This same question was asked he said frank takes to long to call time outs when teams go on runs & makes questionable subs at the wrong time. That's why we lose those games his sub patterings are terrible. I mean everytime we put drummond on the floor we ether comeback or go on a run ,If he was a good coach he would see that. He maid some poor decisions last nite too, I won't put all the blame on frank because our guards can't keep anybody out the paint. The solution is start Drummond he would be like a security blanket if we get beat off the dribble & for moose. I know max has been playing good but he is just to small, I would like to see maggette benched just like frank did jj because maggette is actually playing worse. I wasn't expecting too much more but we are only 5 games from being 8th in the east, we've had that toughest schedule & played the most games in the nba. Remember okc they were bad for like 3yrs then just shot up to the top tier of teams real fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123:24701675
    I was expecting around 35 wins this year.

I found this interesting-

@vgoodwill

The #Pistons have more blown double-digit leads (8) than wins (7)
    The #Pistons have 17 losses. 8 of them they've had double-digit leads in. You win 4 of those, you're pushing .500

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    The problem is coach frank, mateen said it best after last nights game. This same question was asked he said frank takes to long to call time outs when teams go on runs & makes questionable subs at the wrong time. That's why we lose those games his sub patterings are terrible. I mean everytime we put drummond on the floor we ether comeback or go on a run ,If he was a good coach he would see that. He maid some poor decisions last nite too, I won't put all the blame on frank because our guards can't keep anybody out the paint. The solution is start Drummond he would be like a security blanket if we get beat off the dribble & for moose. I know max has been playing good but he is just to small, I would like to see maggette benched just like frank did jj because maggette is actually playing worse. I wasn't expecting too much more but we are only 5 games from being 8th in the east, we've had that toughest schedule & played the most games in the nba. Remember okc they were bad for like 3yrs then just shot up to the top tier of teams real fast.
    OKC shot up real fast because they had some really good drafts and now have Westbrook and Durant so thats nothing like us.

vCash
    That's what I thought too.... why play maggette when he won't be here next yr or why play prince that many minutes when English & middleton can get those minutes I'm
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32:24702353
    I was not expecting anything and would be fine with this record if Guys like Prince were not still logging in 33mpg when we are still losing games.This kind of record is expected from a young team so let the young guys play because me and the other 50,000 empty seats at the palace are not interested in seeing the same old vets out there helping us lose.

vCash
    They had both of them & they still lost a ton of games the first few yrs you don't remember???
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32:24703147
    OKC shot up real fast because they had some really good drafts and now have Westbrook and Durant so thats nothing like us.

vCash
    They went 20-62 durants rookie year & 29-53 the next year with westbrook. Then the 3rd yr they shot up to 50-32 its a process but good drafting is def key & we had 3 good drafts knight moose drummond & Singler was a nice surprise. We haven't got to look at English or middleton but I def think they will both be nice, hopefully slava too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32:24703147

vCash
    We just need better players all around. Watched alot of games tonight. I think we help develop Knight faster by atleast putting some damn shooters around the poor kid.

I havent been Knights biggest fan but after watching games tonight good PG's have a shooter around them. Watching the Spurs (i think Knight will be more of a Parker type pg) he has Green, Neal, Bonner, Mills. I think adding shooters around Knight will cover the fact he isnt a "playmaker."

vCash
    I would have hoped for possibly flirting with .500.

We finished .500 over the last 40 or so games last season and I think everyone agrees that Drummond has exceeded our expectations.

On a side note, some folks are upset with trading the pick/BG for Maggette. But in longer term veiw, we get 10M next summer and if it were a lottery pick, I think going into this season it would have been a 10-14 pick at best, since we thought that's where our record would place us.

That said, we'd be looking at Monroe/Drummond/Knight. Do we really want to have another rookie-ish in the lineup? It'd be nice to be able to trade it, yes. That's a whole another discussion.

vCash
    I actually think the Bobcats game in Jan will mark the turnaround of the season...

Pistons have had a tough stretch of the season, Pistons first 4 day break will come between dec 22 and 26, and they have only had 2 breaks of 3 days. Although we are young, that still is a lot of games with little rest. However, the Pistons schedule after the game against the Wizards on the 22 opens ups and provides for a lot more rest and practice.

Although I do not expect much this season, if we go on a nice +.500 stretch in or after January I would not be incredibly surprised.
    "When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft; on the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing."
    -Bo Schembechler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Anybody notice its been pleasant around here the last couple of days? Wonder why?
    Oh and by the way. Have any of you noticed somebody isn't around th trash this tread ?Its about time he got his. I was getting a little impatient .But it finally happened.
    This is very cool. Good thing shyfly isn't around. he would have found something negative to say about Stuckey. This is a feel good moment. I'm sure many of these guys give back more than we know.Class !!!!
    Yeah a real bummer. NOT!!!!:
    Its been real nice being able read posts without all the crap .
    wow wtf yo. I get banned for talking basketball "too much" while this wrinkle bashed me in 4 posts? Prejudice much??

What, were you expecting someone to quote you?

I think its time for you to change blood pressure prescription cause obv its not working. I know they didn't really have an expiration date back in the 1500s, but that stuff usually looses its effect after 3 years.

I mean, words? Words on a screen effect your daily living that much?
    Last edited by shyfly24; 12-18-2012 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    And to answer your senseless question jack in the box ... yes we all expected this team to do good. Esp after all the big talk from the coach, the owner, the crap players (stuckey/knight) and all those friggin hyped up commercials they presented us.

Yes we expected big things, and if you guys say no, then your lying to yourself. Its very easy to say no after another disappointing season

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    Of course, the oldies have to stick together against the young folks. We'll just disregard his 4 posts of him bashing me while I was away and just focus on mine. Ya we'll just do that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Of course, the oldies have to stick together against the young folks. We'll just disregard his 4 posts of him bashing me while I was away and just focus on mine. Ya we'll just do that
    I'm 22, is that old or young?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12