Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patience

vCash

Patience

Guys . Give your hearts a break. Think about it. Did you really expect much from this team this year? If so what ? How many more wins? Enough to make a difference? Patience. Good things will happen . Not anytime soon but our time will come again. Just keep cheering them on. Yes its going to be ugly for a few years. It happens. The Celtics went something like 26 years in between Championships. A proud franchaise that hit rock bottom. But they came from the dead. I hope it isn't 26 years but don't forget. Several teams already ahead of us in the rebulding mode. We should have torn the team apart shortly after the championship. Good news is we did. Bad news is we still have Prince.

Anybody notice its been pleasant around here the last couple of days? Wonder why?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I was expecting around 35 wins this year.

I found this interesting-

@vgoodwill

The #Pistons have more blown double-digit leads (8) than wins (7)
    The #Pistons have 17 losses. 8 of them they've had double-digit leads in. You win 4 of those, you're pushing .500

vCash
    We need a closer, Stuckey is not that guy.

I see Knight as a Jamal Crawford type player, hopefully he can grow into our closer.

vCash
    Patience is key.

I wanted to flirt with a .500 season to show improvement but not happening.

We need a floor general. He certainly do not have one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post

@vgoodwill
    As we all know the game is played in four quarters. Doesn't matter who is ahead in the second or third quarter. Even the fourth. Final score that counts. We've seen good teams lose double digit leads. I don't get caught up in stats like that.Plus thats what happens to teams like the Pistons.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post

@vgoodwill
    A typical sign of a team that hasn't yet learned to win. That signifies to me the Pistons are at least doing something right.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Patience is key.

I wanted to flirt with a .500 season to show improvement but not happening.

We need a floor general. He certainly do not have one.
    You wanted to or expected to? If you expected to drop me a private message. I have some swamp land for you cheap. That would have been a drastic increase.
    Last three years we have won 27-30- and 25 last year with a 66 game schedule. Had we played the full season we would have been looking at about 32-33 wins. Not much each year but over the last three years we have improved. And three coaches in the time period? how many different players came and went? If we can win 35-37 games this year I would say we are on the right track. That means we would have to play just about .500 the rest of the way. Probably not going to happen but I think we can win in the 30 range. And so what if we don't. That might mean we get a better pick. So its still a plus in my mind.

vCash
    I was not expecting anything and would be fine with this record if Guys like Prince were not still logging in 33mpg when we are still losing games.This kind of record is expected from a young team so let the young guys play because me and the other 50,000 empty seats at the palace are not interested in seeing the same old vets out there helping us lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    You wanted to or expected to? If you expected to drop me a private message. I have some swamp land for you cheap. That would have been a drastic increase.
    Last three years we have won 27-30- and 25 last year with a 66 game schedule. Had we played the full season we would have been looking at about 32-33 wins. Not much each year but over the last three years we have improved. And three coaches in the time period? how many different players came and went? If we can win 35-37 games this year I would say we are on the right track. That means we would have to play just about .500 the rest of the way. Probably not going to happen but I think we can win in the 30 range. And so what if we don't. That might mean we get a better pick. So its still a plus in my mind.
    I really like your optimisim an totally agree with you, Patience is defintely needed around here.. Drummond is suspringsly better then expected, Singler lookin good, Knight doin his thing. Monroe looks to be kinda lost at moment making really bad plays on frequent basis now but i'd expect for him to clean that up. Overall i think we are on the right track finally!

vCash
    I don't like seeing Prince and Max taking up minutes either but if we are going to try to move them we need to play them to show teams they can still play. If they are on the bench what does that tell the other teams?
    Plus Frank is trying to win games no matter what many of you think. His butt is on the line . I think he likes coaching the Pistons and wants to part of the success . It means more money in his pocket come contract time if he shows improvement. And all of the moves aren't his call . The FO is telling him what to do. And the owner is telling the FO what to do. It flows downhill. Just like how things go with your jobs. You may not like whats happening but there are people above you calling the shots.

vCash
    I wanted us to. Didnt expect it. Like LF said we just need our guys to learn how to win.

vCash
    Oh and by the way. Have any of you noticed somebody isn't around th trash this tread ?Its about time he got his. I was getting a little impatient .But it finally happened.

vCash
    I don't like seeing Prince and Max taking up minutes either but if we are going to try to move them we need to play them to show teams they can still play. If they are on the bench what does that tell the other teams?
    Plus Frank is trying to win games no matter what many of you think. His butt is on the line . I think he likes coaching the Pistons and wants to part of the success . It means more money in his pocket come contract time if he shows improvement. And all of the moves aren't his call . The FO is telling him what to do. And the owner is telling the FO what to do. It flows downhill. Just like how things go with your jobs. You may not like whats happening but there are people above you calling the shots.
    I agree with you about Frank.Hes doing his job and trying to win and Prince and Max currently give him the best shot at that seeing as they seem to be the only ones that dont look lost and you can tell this year Prince really has that veteran play style too him.This is why I blame Dumars for putting Prince back out there for 4 more years because any coach is going to play Prince and Max over some rookies who are still learning simple things like pick n rolls.

vCash
    How do you honestly feel about Dumars these days JackB?Do you think he can win in todays?

vCash
    I'm more pissed of the lack of shake up of the rotation...we suck, but the lineup is basically the same as game 1. If Stuckey never was hurt he probably would still be starting

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast