Top ten... maybe.
    LOL

lets not even start , im too tired to start that argument

But ill give you my top 4 for now

1. Biggie
    2.Nas
    3.Pac
    4. Eminem

im not going to continue with the list, because its going to cause arguemts, but lets just say the biggest sellout in hip hop history MR. HOLA HOVITO, H ot the IZZO

Ball so hard that **** crap

doesnt make my list, only had 1 good album , everything else is littered with mainstream crap

LOL at his whole blueprint series too btw, Especially BP3

hes no different from lil wayne as a rapper, just alot of mainstream crap, no substance or deep tracks

with that said, ttyl

vCash
    hahahahahahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harden's Beard View Post
    LOL

lets not even start , im too tired to start that argument

But ill give you my top 4 for now

1. Biggie
    2.Nas
    3.Pac
    4. Eminem

im not going to continue with the list, because its going to cause arguemts, but lets just say the biggest sellout in hip hop history MR. HOLA HOVITO, H ot the IZZO

Ball so hard that **** crap

doesnt make my list, only had 1 good album , everything else is littered with mainstream crap

LOL at his whole blueprint series too btw, Especially BP3

hes no different from lil wayne as a rapper, just alot of mainstream crap, no substance or deep tracks

with that said, ttyl
    Jay-Z has, arguably, the best discography in Hip Hop. Easily better than Nas'. Of course, that doesn't necessarily make him the best rapper. I don't even like Hov that much but I can see that his overall body of work is incredibly strong.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    The four main reasons why GKMC is not comparable to Illmatic for me: DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Q-Tip, and Large Professor.

The beats are very good on GKMC, but some of the beats on Illmatic are legendary

Then I think some aspects of GKMC are a little overblown; like the overarching story. Some people act like it is a concept album, but it is really just a faux story and a very loose narrative.

Then there are some things on the album I didn't really like. I think the "ya bish" thing was kind of stupid. I didn't like his vocal inflections on Maad City. I understand what he was trying convey by doing it, I just don't think it sounds good. Didn't like I'm Real or Poetic Justice.

And Kendrick is an incredible lyricist, but it absolutely ridiculous to put on a pedestal and act he doesn't have a peer group. It's nothing but dickridy idolatry

And this is coming from someone who absolutely loved the album and probably listed to it all the way through over a hundred times

vCash
    Nas, Scarface, Andre 3000, Jay-Z, Eminem

That's my top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ooh Child View Post
    The four main reasons why GKMC is not comparable to Illmatic for me: DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Q-Tip, and Large Professor.

The beats are very good on GKMC, but some of the beats on Illmatic are legendary

Then I think some aspects of GKMC are a little overblown; like the overarching story. Some people act like it is a concept album, but it is really just a faux story and a very loose narrative.

Then there are some things on the album I didn't really like. I think the "ya bish" thing was kind of stupid. I didn't like his vocal inflections on Maad City. I understand what he was trying convey by doing it, I just don't think it sounds good. Didn't like I'm Real or Poetic Justice.

And Kendrick is an incredible lyricist, but it absolutely ridiculous to put on a pedestal and act he doesn't have a peer group. It's nothing but dickridy idolatry

And this is coming from someone who absolutely loved the album and probably listed to it all the way through over a hundred times
    What young rapper is in Kendrick's peer group?

What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.

Trill Team

vCash
    So pusha t went mainstream but Game hasn't?
    Trill Team
    Buckwheat-jpro611-Me-haggis-cheaptrikz-shammyguy3-Ezio-Cub_StuckinSTL-HOWE do i do it-ugafan-hugepatsfan-Fly-Raps08-09 Champ-Mane-humblehotgenius

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_R:24708134
    So pusha t went mainstream but Game hasn't?
    Comment is pretty irrelevant but ill indulge

Game comes from a time when hip hop was still good, Kanye was on top of his game, 50 was the most popular rapper out, had an classic album etc

Basically music was in a good place

Today's mainstream is just for those snap back, skinny jeans, scarf, fake glasses capris era. So I try not to listen to any of that crap

But I'm saying I want to give pusher a try

But to answer your question, yea, for his past 2 albums, game has begun to join this new group of rappers, his music has changed

Quite sad really, and this clown even wore pink pants to his house of blues concert last night

And he also wears beanies and fake glasses like the other metrosexual rappers that are out today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan:24707965
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ooh Child View Post

What young rapper is in Kendrick's peer group?
    Hopsin

That's about it, and members of tde

vCash
    All of these snap back, skinny jeans, swag swag rappers are all secretly butt pirates

Didn't take long for the world to turn on Wayne, these other mainstream clowns should be next

vCash
    Harden's Beard running this **** son!!!

vCash
    @ hopsin

vCash
    GKMC grew on me after awhile. I really like it now but I do think that people overrate it like hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harden's Beard View Post
    All of these snap back, skinny jeans, swag swag rappers are all secretly butt pirates

Didn't take long for the world to turn on Wayne, these other mainstream clowns should be next
    But Wayne has sold a million in a week before (or close to it)..... I thought that's what defined a great rapper. He has a following.

Trill Team

vCash
    Not a classic yet. Probably will be though in a few years.

The Future

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast