six gold rangs

it's nothin

og jordans
    them high socks
    no shirt on

i'm stuntin! okay!

vCash

really?

i bet the like bar was through tha roof.

vCash
    I like GKMC better than Illmatic. I'm not an expert, but to me GKMC has the technically sound, classic tracks that Illmatic has, while it's all around a lot more fun.

I think that's my issue with Nas, some people say he's boring, I wouldn't say boring, I'd just say it's not fun to listen to a lot of his music.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Buck is getting wrecked over a song that no one would even know if youtube didn't existed.

No worse than some of the songs that get played on the radio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Buck is getting wrecked over a song that no one would even know if youtube didn't existed.

No worse than some of the songs that get played on the radio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harden's Beard View Post
    The album would have been better had he replaced the bad tracks I mentioned or just got rid of them completely

People that say this is a classic must have just started paying attention to lyrics or have listened to sooo much meek mill that when Kendricks dropped they just discovered music that doesn't glorify money every 2 bars
    bad tracks? the only track on that album that can be considered bad is now or never and thats because mary j. bliges annoying voice ruined it. i honestly don't know how anyone finds this album anything short of a classic i think the only people who don't think this album is great is those who can't get over his voice which seems to be annoying to some.

vCash
    I'm certainly not one of those omgz old skewl is way better! type guys...but in this case, they really are right.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    I prefer Deltron 3030

and Boy Meets World. Neither of those have the popularity of GKMC so i don't think they really qualify as the "west coast illmatic".
    Last edited by cmellofan15; 12-30-2012 at 11:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    I'm certainly not one of those omgz old skewl is way better! type guys...but in this case, they really are right.
    Most things people consider as "terrible" Hip-Hop... shouldn't even be classified within the genre of Hip-Hop.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Good music stands the test of time. Terrible music doesn't. It's not fair to compare because we really won't ever hear about or remember the terrible/forgetable records from eighteen years ago.

Yet, modern stuff, such as All Gold Everything, is in everyone's face currently. So it's easy for people to make the claim.

Let's talk about Brian Austin Green's One Stop Carnival album. Anyone?

Youtube has forever changed the genre. It makes everything so much more accessible. There's more music out, especially in this genre, than ever before. There's a lot of terrible music, as expected. But that shouldn't discredit the massive group of people still properly representing the genre.

And Cromedome laughed at me when I credited Kendrick Lamar as being a "great" modern artist, so I wouldn't agree with him. Not even partially

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Most things people consider as "terrible" Hip-Hop... shouldn't even be classified within the genre of Hip-Hop.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Good music stands the test of time. Terrible music doesn't. It's not fair to compare because we really won't ever hear about or remember the terrible/forgetable records from eighteen years ago.

Yet, modern stuff, such as All Gold Everything, is in everyone's face currently. So it's easy for people to make the claim.

Let's talk about Brian Austin Green's One Stop Carnival album. Anyone?

Youtube has forever changed the genre. It makes everything so much more accessible. There's more music out, especially in this genre, than ever before. There's a lot of terrible music, as expected. But that shouldn't discredit the massive group of people still properly representing the genre.

And Cromedome laughed at me when I credited Kendrick Lamar as being a "great" modern artist, so I wouldn't agree with him. Not even partially
    do you think GKMC will have as much replay value as Illmatic or any album from 10+ years ago that you deem classic? I feel like it's unfair to really compare these two albums since GKMC hasn't really withstood the test of time. Some people who are living in the moment will say GKMC is better because it's newer material and some people (Cromedome) won't even acknowledge the comparison because of the "legendary" status of Illmatic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    do you think GKMC will have as much replay value as Illmatic or any album from 10+ years ago that you deem classic? I feel like it's unfair to really compare these two albums since GKMC hasn't really withstood the test of time. Some people who are living in the moment will say GKMC is better because it's newer material and some people (Cromedome) won't even acknowledge the comparison because of the "legendary" status of Illmatic.
    Do I think it will? Yes.

Could I be wrong? Absolutely. But we know how rare that is

I haven't really seen anyone say it's better than Illmatic or anything of the sorts. Some say they enjoy it more. And there's obviously nothing wrong with that.

However, the thread and poll were two entirely different questions. The poll question asks if it'll be a classic. And in my opinion, it definitely is. Along with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Section.80, and some other modern albums. That could change. But when an album strikes me as THAT good on my first listen (just as Illmatic did), I feel like the chances are sky high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I do think Kendrick Lamar is being overhyped in general too though. However, if anyone deserves such recognition in the game right now, I think it is him.
    I somewhat agree with this.

His solo work deserves every bit of praise, in my personal opinion.

His features can suck. And just because his name is slapped on top of it, people automatically state his verse is good (****in Problems, 1Train, A1 Everything, etc.).

vCash
    Meek Mill track.

Avoid it. It's better than his verses on the other two tracks, though.

vCash
    He has too many features to decide that.

I like Push Thru and ILLuminate off of the top of my skull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    I prefer Deltron 3030

and Boy Meets World. Neither of those have the popularity of GKMC so i don't think they really qualify as the "west coast illmatic".
    i miss dan the automator

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011